Ladon

• A Cup
  • Thoroughly Enjoying Harmony's 1000cc H-cups
Re: Harmony's consultation with Dr. Foster
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 07:23:25 PM »
Well, tomorrow after school we 'book it' to Tahoe and get the deal done on Wednesday!  I was looking for tips on helping her recover, aside from some Palmer's and a lot of (hands-off) attention to her needs.  Didn't find much in that department, but I found some LMAO threads, mostly people saying either to prepare for a divorce or how much better natural breasts are. :p  There were a few great puns though.

Anyway, we'll be sure to keep ya'll abreast of the situation.

Hope the surgery isn't a bust...   ;D

La -wait...I hope it IS! -don

MasterDragonfly

• Oh My God Cup
  • sponsor of collared_cherri's 1000cc implants
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 10:40:52 PM »
Just be her go-fer. Help her stand up, help her sit/lay down, help her change her clothes.

Remember to set her expectations: Her boobs will NOT have dropped-and-fluffed inside of 3 days. She will probably be a bit taken aback at how peculiar they look. But they WILL sort themselves out, you'll need to remind her of that repeatedly.

The physical support will be a big detail. But the emotional support will be fairly significant as well.

Brace for impact. ;)

Ladon

• A Cup
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 08:49:24 AM »
I already have those bases covered - I'm taking two days off school which will give me 6 days with her without interruption, after which she should be able to at least get around a little.  Her main restriction from the Dr. was to avoid raising her hands above her head for 6 weeks.

I was astonished by the number of "wife had boob job, wants divorce" threads out there!  Not going that direction, I'm sure, but it was distracting.

One blog post I read detailed a lady's reaction to her (moderate) augmentation in the days after surgery:  She thought she looked like a circus freak, just huge.  :o  Over time she liked them a lot more, but she had been a B and asked for a "full C", and ended up in a D.  My favorite comment from the blog was that her husband and her SISTER were asking to see them on an almost daily basis.  :P  She eventually switched from saline to silicone later.

We probably would have taken silicone if it were available in the size she wanted.  I wish they'd fix this foolishness with the FDA. ::)  Either way, the saline was cheaper by a grand, and they'll be great anyway.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 08:54:59 AM by Ladon »

MasterDragonfly

• Oh My God Cup
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 09:05:42 AM »
The 6 weeks restriction seems a little excessive. I'm sure she'll be feeling quite a bit more able to move her arms at 10 days post-op, if not sooner. My guess is that he's just playing the "extreme caution" card. In general: avoid sudden movements, and if it hurts, don't do it.

You'll have to remind me: Is she going under the muscle? If so, then anything which involves those muscles will be pretty tender for at least 3 days.

I think the old guideline of "don't lift anything more than 10 lbs" is appropriate here. I would say nothing more than 2 lbs for the first few days, if she can avoid doing so.

The "wife had boob job, wants divorce" is just noise. People rarely post "things are great here, nothing new to report". Also bear in mind that it's financially easier to get a boobjob when the marriage appears to be stable, as that becomes a shared expense. Once the divorce card has been played, it's not necessarily quite so shared. (Depending on local laws, of course. I defer to our local legal expert. ;) ) Point being, those relationships were likely already in trouble, and the woman was strategizing, not the least of which was to improve her sex appeal before pulling the plug.

Ladon

• A Cup
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 04:06:12 PM »
I really have to praise the girls at the Tahoe Clinic again, they were all so awesome.

I was able to sit with her while the Valium took effect, then I got to pace in the waiting room.  Well...actually I got to sit and read my history book (Darwin, specifically).  Anyway, it wasn't too long before Sheila called me back to the exam room where she was recovering.  She **84** for probably an hour or more, even they said the sedation hit her harder than most, the other girl that was there had already awakened and walked to the car on her own.  Harmony had to get a wheelchair.

She got 960 saline shells overfilled to 1000, they look huge at the moment, but no bruising is visible around the compression garment.  I couldn't help but take a couple pictures while she was resting in the recovery room, all covered with a blanket.  She's already authorized me to post any pictures I want, but I'll still run them by her first. :D

Doc said she can lift in increments of 10 lbs a week, as a guideline, and as MDF said, common sense applies.  Sheila said the main reason for the restriction on arm lifting is in how the implants settle.  She has one that isn't settling as well as the other, but it's only been three weeks since her upgrade to 800s.  (She's gorgeous, IMO, though definitely a MILF.)

The only thing that might give her a problem is getting into our bed at home, should she so desire.  The top is probably four feet from the floor, and usually she needs a stool to help her climb up.  I may have to make some adjustments.

I couldn't help but laugh about this:  She asked for some ginger ale and crackers so she could take her first lortab, and promptly ended up with soda down her shirt.   ;)

Mentor has an 'extended warranty' for the implants, an extra five years, covering the replacement implant and the cost of the suite, and Dr. Foster waives the surgeon's fee if an implant fails.  (Of course, if he retires before then, we'd eat that cost.)  I wonder if it's worth the extra peace of mind?  We have 90 days to decide, so she can see how things are settling, if she decides to get a revision between now and then, it's just an extra $100 sunk.

She's happily **83** it off now, we're hoping to drive home tomorrow, before the snow hits on Friday.  We have chains, and it's just down the hill, but safety is best.  Pics to come soon. :)

MasterDragonfly

• Oh My God Cup
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 10:49:29 PM »
Fantastic update!

I should have added: take pics, lots of pics. Not for us (other than what you're in the mood to share), but so that you have a photo journal. Make note of the date, watch the progress over time. Front and side. Maybe log her subjective perceptions into a journal as well. Could be a running email to yourselves.

If something happens to crop up, you can go back to Dr Foster and say "well on Day 5 such-and-such happened, she said she felt this thing, I checked and noticed whatever, etc". Beats the crap out of "we're not sure really... sometime in the first week... or maybe the second week... possibly the third week... no I'm pretty sure it was the second week... I think?"

Hope the drive was uneventful. :)

Ladon

• A Cup
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 03:56:13 PM »
Yup, perfectly clear and beautiful the whole way, except for some smoke on the way down through Placerville, there were supposed to be some controlled burns today according to road signs.

She's having a bit more pain today but by far not as bad as she expected.  Mostly in the armpit-side of the left breast, but compression helps a lot.  The biggest complaint has been itching?  Must be due to nerve irritation and skin stretching, I'd guess. She's been using ice on and off, and Dr. Foster ran her through how to do the massage to help them soften.  

Speaking of which, I got my first glimpse of her bare chest during that demonstration, and it was absolutely exquisite.  He said 1000ccs was the perfect shape for her, and I can see why.  The only visible marks were the lines he drew on her skin, and the little tape strips under her breasts, no bruising at all.  Her IV site bled more than her incisions.  I cannot wait to see how they settle, they're gorgeous as of now.

It's funny you mention a photo journal, we talked about that this morning.  :)

She's calling, gotta run.

EDIT: Photos!
She wanted a short break from her bra, so she went ahead and did a short massage and asked for a little cocoa butter on the top part of her breasts and her tummy, to help reduce the itching.  She invited me for a nibble to see if she could feel her nipples, which she can't yet, but there was a strong antiseptic taste so I stopped pretty quick, that might be what was causing the itchiness.  I showed her the pictures and she vetoed a few of them, but decided she would pose for another while she had the bra off.  I don't know what I did, but I must be winning.

I had a chance to admire the peaks outside the office window, before I got to see Harmony's new twin peaks in the exam room. At first I thought she had her arms crossed over her chest...
Copyright Ladon 2011
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 04:38:59 PM by Ladon »

Ladon

• A Cup
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 04:42:22 PM »
After she got to the hotel room, the view was startling but just a hint of the whole picture...

Copyright Ladon 2011

Ladon

• A Cup
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 04:44:27 PM »
Finally, the reveal was well worth the wait...  She said WOW when she saw them in the mirror, but that they weren't quite as big as she hoped they'd be.  I told her they would probably fluff a little, even if only because her skin will stretch some, but she's always welcome to plan for an upgrade in the future if she so desires.

Copyright Ladon 2011

MasterDragonfly

• Oh My God Cup
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 11:32:31 PM »
They're looking surprisingly good, given she only had her surgery yesterday.

They will continue to look better and better (yet another reason for the photo journal).

Yesterday was the 16th, so... be sure to take more pics on Dec 7th (3 weeks hence). Obviously, take more pics between now and then; I merely mention 3 weeks out, so that you have a definitive date to shoot for.

Next milestone (6 weeks post-op) will be Dec 27th. Guaranteed they will look quite a bit better than they do now.

The itching could well be the result of the skin stretching. Keep up with the cocoa butter, as that will definitely pay off.

Enjoy! (As if I needed to tell you that. ;) )

Audi2810

• A Cup
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 12:32:08 AM »
That's pretty wild that she only had surgery a day before in that last pic.  You can barely tell.  Congrats to you both.

sonic2at

• A Cup
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 01:33:48 AM »
Spectacular result! Now the usually time for patience has come, look but behave. *smiles* from my own experience i could say the anticipation was killing me ;)

Ladon

• A Cup
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 09:24:47 AM »
She's feeling a lot more pain today, my guess is the long-acting anesthetic they used took longer than usual to dissipate for her.  Still more pain on the left than on the right, but there's no sign of infection, swelling, or drainage.  When I woke her for the 2am dose of vicodin, she woke up saying, "Ow ow ow ow ow!"  6am was better, and she was right back to **82**.  We'll see once the day progresses, I'm thinking it's worth a call to the office, if only to be told everything is fine.

Keeping up with the cocoa butter, ice on and off, and compression.  We had talked about me going to school today, but I think I'm going to cut (as planned) to be here for her.  She wanted me to massage them yesterday afternoon, which was something else.  The tightness is rather impressive, she feels like she's ready to pop.  The implants do have a little bit of mobility when massaged, but not much yet.  Her areolae sort of 'pooch out' where they meet the normal skin of her breast, something I've seen on photos but hers were never firm enough to exhibit this.  She was regaining some sensation in her nipples last night, another reason I think the anesthetic just took a day to wear off.

We did try her in one of her 40H bras, just for a minute to see how it fit.  She didn't quite fill the cups, but they followed her shape perfectly, my guess would be for a perfect fit once they settle.  If anything, a 38 band size might help, or a different brand.  Casique assumes plus-sized girls have natural breasts, but not all companies seem to, so we'll be bra shopping soon enough.

Ladon

• A Cup
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2011, 03:30:37 PM »
The pain has been fairly significant over yesterday and today, though she's able to keep herself distracted on her laptop for the most part.  She called the Dr. and got swapped to codeine and Tylenol, from vicodin, which seems to be helping.  For some reason, hydrocodone just makes her sleepyish, but doesn't really affect the pain.  Even with the codeine she's still having some soreness when she tries to move around much.

Her skin seems to be loosening a touch, and she asked for some nursing pads to cushion her nipples now that they've got sensation back.  She's also started to get some light bruising in her cleavage area, the skin there seems to be making the most progress.  I also noticed she used to have a little wrinkle between her breast and her armpit (making a Y shape with the arm) which the implants have eliminated.

She's struggling to do the massage, because they're still so tender.  I've reminded her that the routine will probably speed her recovery, but it doesn't help when it hurts.

She managed to take a shower with my help today, her hair was a disaster.  Her hair is naturally very curly and tends toward tangles anyway, so laying on it for several days didn't do any favors.  She was really feeling poorly after I finally got her hair done, and sorta crashed on the couch, but after some rest she's feeling much better after getting washed up.  I hope she's able to be up and around a little more in the next few days, she wants to go see my mom on Wednesday and stay for the holiday, and she won't be able to do it the way she feels now.

Sorry if I'm just posting mundane stuff, but I figure it might be of interest to someone.  She didn't want to do a journal, but said I could post one for her, so I'm making sure to keep tabs on how she feels.

MasterDragonfly

• Oh My God Cup
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 06:59:12 PM »
Going from memory, the first 3-5 days were the worst for cherri. Strongly tempted to say the first 3, with noticeable improvements in the discomfort on day 4, and again on day 5.

cherri doesn't much care for the Hydrocodone, either.

My guess is she'll be feeling quite a bit better come Thanksgiving. Assuming you still want to spend it with your mom. Just don't expect her to be doing any of the cooking/cleaning up. ;)