AbusePuppy

• C Cup
Re: New online BE manga by Joichiro Sakuraba
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2003, 02:35:33 PM »

Quote:

I am not very informed on Japanese Culture and Techniques in Manga and Hentai but I always kind of thought the faceless ness or lack of details in male features exist so that the presumably male reader can have an easier time putting him self in the position of the male character in the comic. Like filing in the missing parts with your own... being one with the comic... I don't know... I am probably just crazy.  

Well, that's certainly why so many hentai game and anime male leads are so phenomonally generic (see also many romantic comedies a la Tenchi Muyo or Love Hina). And the "facelessness" seems to be used that way in H-media quite a bit, but it shows up a lot in more mainstream shows and manga as well; I think the earlier comments about indicating mysteriousness (this one shows up a lot in anime) or genericness are correct.

If you want a really extreme example of this phenomenon, watch Digi Charat. All of the extras appear as simply featureless colored blobs with faces.

-SMAP

"Scientists labor to find out what the hell is the deal with Japan."

HamsterGal

• G Cup
Re: New online BE manga by Joichiro Sakuraba
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2003, 11:07:19 PM »
Quote:

...so many hentai game and anime male leads are so phenomonally generic (see also many romantic comedies a la Tenchi Muyo or Love Hina).

So I guess my crush on Keitaro is just a crush on guys in general, then? Or just the ones with glasses?

Hey, he's awkward. It's kind of endearing. *blushes*

As as for the manga link above... oh my goodness. That's all I have to say about that...

Chievous Industries Keeper of Rocket Pants

geoffk

• Banned User
Rough translation of the story
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2003, 09:16:23 AM »
Sorry, I meant to post this sooner but I've had a busy couple of days.  Anyway, a rough translation of what's going on is this:

The Manga is called "Ultra-Busty Young Girl Rikako" (Chounyu shojo Rikako-chan).  In the first part, this girl describes how her tits are really big.  She meets a (potential?) boy friend and asks him if he really, really likes big boobs.  He assures her that he does and starts to fondle hers.  At that point, she says "oh, when girls boobs get aroused, they swell up", and hers do so, popping her buttons and jacket off.  This is the actual BE scene, but they're mostly pretty big to start with.

Right after this scene, the boy suddenly finds himself in a restaurant with a slightly smaller, but still huge version of the same girl as his waitress.    He was apparently daydreaming the earlier scene, but he's disoriented and confused.  The girl tries to take his order and he tells her he's undecided.  The girl goes to the bartender in the restaurant, who openly plays with her boobs. She goes back to the boy's table and he orders coffee.

Next she goes to a middle-aged guy's table and he orders milk.  She explains that she'll provide this herself and lets the guy suck it from her boobs.

Needless to say, the boy decides he'd rather have milk than coffee, so he orders it too.  The girl tells him to drink his coffee cream.  He is disappointed.

That's the plot.

geoffk

• Banned User
Re: Rough translation of the story
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2003, 09:20:10 AM »
By the way, my take on the whole "No eyes" thing is that the whole story has a dream-like, imaginary feeling to it.  Maybe the no eyes are to emphasize that what we are seeing may or may not be real and is definitely strange and other-worldly.

Buzz_D_Love

• A Cup
Re: Rough translation of the story
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2003, 09:33:45 PM »
Hey,
Just my two cents here>

Fraction.  I don't know how you do it, but you are always turning up great stuff.  Thanks!

geoffk, thanks for the thumbnail translation!  It makes the comic that much better to actually have an idea of what is going on!

Cheers!
Buzz