vidiot

• D Cup
Major VCR alert - Breast documentary
« on: June 30, 2001, 11:04:00 PM »
I can't believe I missed the first showing of this.

quote:
"BREASTS"
In this disarmingly honest documentary, women of all ages--most of whom appear topless--talk about puberty, sex, size, motherhood, health and how the shape of their breasts has shaped their lives.

Go to http://rw.hbo.com/schedule/bin/supersched2.cgi?vid=63541&request=VID&;

It was supposed to have aired on MoreMax on June 21st, with future showings on July 6, 18, 23, and 26 according to the web site above.  On checking my satellite  magazine, indeed I see it on June 21st, listed as Breasts: 22 Women on 41 breasts.

But when looking in July's magazine, there is no listing of it on any of those dates  .  I wonder if they will ever show it again.

Did anyone see it?  Recorded it?  Were there any sizeable beauties worth mentioning?  If yes, please please please post a vidcap!

Gtech

• G Cup
Re: Major VCR alert - Breast documentary
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2001, 01:28:00 AM »
OMG, Someone has to have seen/taped this.  If not we are a sad bunch....  

Anyone, anyone at all...?

The_Rocketeer

• D Cup
    • www.bearchive.com/~Rocketeer
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2001, 02:36:00 AM »
I have seen this documentary and it is not the kind of entertainment we usually enjoy here. It is a very frank discussion between 22 women and the camera telling  their stories, some of which are simply heartbreaking. I have to say it is a amazing documentary full of insight and wisdom with a few instances of straight out pathos only Jerry Springer could enjoy. From our unique perspective, there is a stripper talking about her implants, which are out of frame most of the time, that when they are actually shown are just about the ugliest breasts I've ever seen. So if you are looking for exploitative opportunism of the kind we find entertaining, this is not the show for you.

cynic

• G Cup
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2001, 03:17:00 AM »
I have seen this documentary.
You are gonna have to trust me when I say it sucks and it is not exciting.
Basically, they have a lot of women for whom cancer is part of their lives and the only cute girl is a blonde stripper who, even with implants, is hardly bigger than a C.
You are probably curious who has the biggest boobs.  It is a black woman who is a DD but the rest of her is pretty heavy-set too.
The discussion constantly drifts off on non-breast related tangents, and when they talk about breasts it is never that specific or exciting ; they simply talk about being a woman in general but it is packaged as though they are discussing their breasts.
Not exciting.

vidiot

• D Cup
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2001, 05:23:00 AM »
I wouldn't mind hearing their stories about how their breasts affected their lives socially, emotionally and professionally.  Actually I think it would be quite interesting.  However, if they go off on a lot of non-breast tangents then the discussion would probably be boring.

With a show like this, I thought they would have brought in the full spectrum of women from completely flat chested to incredibly huge, to get a wide range of perspectives and make it really exciting and informative.

Anyway, thanks for the info.  It's a relief to know I didn't miss anything great.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2001, 04:17:00 PM »
Been there. Seen that. Didn't bother to get the T-shirt.  In other words, very mediocre.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2001, 09:02:00 PM »
THAT SHOW WAS GAY ALL THE CHICKS WERE BUTT UGLY AND I COULD HAVE SWORN THAT @ OF THE WOMEN WERE GUYS!!!!

JJ

• P Cup
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2001, 12:43:00 AM »
On a breast related note, did anybody catch the hour long program on breast king Russ Meyer on "E"ntertainment channel Saturday night?  I only caught the last half-hour. It appeared to be an updated documentary look at the many movies he made?  Movie critic Roger Ebert was included as a commentator. Not sure if it was a new,updated version or not?

JJ

Member since June 01, 2001

Get most of your news from television and all you'll know is what the anchorette info babes (& guys) spin your way! (Maddow, Costello, Sawyer, Brzezinski, Mitchell, Scarborough,etc.  )

Get most of your news from television comics (Behar, O'Donnell, Stewart, Colbert, Sharpton, Letterman, Maher, Whoopi, etc.) and all you'll know is sarcasm and mordacity.

sheber

• Shasta'man
    • http://www.bearchive.com/~shasta/
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2001, 12:53:00 AM »
Nope, looked like the previously aired version.
[Rent this space]

Boobwatch One

• L Cup
    • Breasts in Movies
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2001, 02:27:00 AM »
vidiot: Based on your comments, I think you might actually appreciate this show, despite what other people have said.  At least, I found it interesting. By the way, I suspect the reason you don't see the show listed in your satellite magazine is because it is currently airing on a brand new channel from HBO/Cinemax called WMAX, which your magazine probably doesn't list.  (The channel is geared towards women, thus the "W".)  WMAX is so new that the HBO website hasn't even completely added it to its online listings yet (that's why you see **** under the "Channel" column of the link you provided).  Anyway, keep an eye out for it rerunning on one of the channels you receive.  No doubt it will show up before too long.

JJ and sheber: Yes, the Russ Meyer special was a rerun with no new updates.

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: Boobwatch One ]

Breasts in Movies
Avatar is stripper Tammy Morris (aka Portia) from the opening sequence of the original "Blind Date: Uncensored" video.