DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
M
« on: September 06, 2003, 10:03:25 AM »
No, I'm not referring to a Fritz Lang movie starring Peter Lorre.  Since I call myself Empire, and the most influential one to date has been the Roman one, I'm using the Roman numeral for "thousand" to celebrate my thousandth post.

Oddly, this is not as vaunted a position as it once was.  ElvishWizard will be hitting his thousandth any week now, and TheHerald, perhaps any HOUR now.  Seems like only a few months ago that hitting a thousand got you on the first page of most prolific posters.  Ah well.

A couple of minor miracles.  One: I've hit this within my first six months registered here.  I'll be very happy for this rate of posting to drop.  No longer bumping up Agent Dee's Cool Tomb Raider II Poster thread may help.  Second: I've done this before Sadistyk has hit 2000.  For one brief historic moment, he and I will have four digit totals beginning with the numeral 1.  Blink and you'll miss it.

I continue to feel new, though.  I've only just learned that MunchWolf's new avatar "look" owes much to the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.  Here in Pittsburgh, there's a major fan of OZ, not simply the movie but all the original Baum books.  Maybe I should get MunchWolf and this guy together.  'Minds me of a joke that I tellabout theology and theoretical physics: "If a Pope and an Antipope were to meet and shake hands, would they explode?"

All for now -- and I'd still like to hear a syllable somehow about Sofia of Sofialand.  I don't even care if she's turned born-again and dresses like an Amish Kelly McGillis.  I just want to know she's around.

Cheers, all.

MunchWolf

• What Tagline?
Re: M
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 10:19:23 AM »
congrats on the thousand ...

-Munch "Re: info on me .. some people may say you know too much" Wolf

TheHerald

• Ink & Paint Club Outcast
Re: 1000 posts and counting
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 11:41:52 AM »
I was going to wait till I had something significant to say (instead of my usual banter?), but this was too good to pass up. DE and I at the 1000 posts point at the same time. Of course that will be fleeting since one or both of us will feel a need to yak again eventually.  
I've never ceased to amaze myself at the number of posts I produce here since I am not a talkative or gregarious person by anyone's definition in "real life".  

I had hoped to make an announcement or two by this post, but that will have to wait. In the meanwhile, here's a collaboration image that Doc Ross and I worked on. Original image by Frank Cho. It will eventually be in the Doc's gallery, but he's quite busy with HIS RL and can't update for now.  

On a different note.. I'm concerned that Imaginos may have had computer problems again. He hasn't posted since Tuesday(Sept. 2) or responded to a PM I sent in reply to a question he asked me that same day. Hopefully, he's just busy with work or RL.    

Edit: Oops!, guess he's able to post after all.  
Thank you for your patience as I indulge my need to share.

MunchWolf

• What Tagline?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2003, 12:22:07 PM »
Quote:

On a different note.. I'm concerned that Imaginos may have had computer problems again. He hasn't posted since Tuesday(Sept. 2) or responded to a PM I sent in reply to a question he asked me that same day. Hopefully, he's just busy with work or RL.    

He posted yesterday

-Munch "eh" Wolf

Zasha

• Flexy Lady
    • www.bearchive.com/~Zasha
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2003, 07:57:46 PM »
Hurrah for TheHerald and DruulEmpire!

I, too never imagined that I would hang around here this long, let alone talk so much (I realize that I don't ALWAYS say something when I talk).  And I talk about breasts even less often than Munchie!

On that note, I have to get going - Hubby just read an email informing us of a death in the family - it's sad, but it's actually a positive event.  

He's "saddling up" so we can get underway within the hour...I won't be around for a couple of days.

Choosing doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.

Morphermor did me!...Er...Mine!

prinz

• Z Cup
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2003, 08:13:49 PM »
Many happy returns guys! thats an excellent color job on that pen and ink.. cheers PE  

sheber

• Shasta'man
    • http://www.bearchive.com/~shasta/
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2003, 08:49:24 PM »
Congrats! (Keep in mind that my count was reset along with my registration date after the debut of the new forum. I still blame Munch.) Since then I've tried keeping up with the pack leaders, but parenthood often interferes with monitoring the forum so often.  
[Rent this space]

MunchWolf

• What Tagline?
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2003, 10:27:41 PM »
Quote:

And I talk about breasts even less often than Munchie!

I don't talk about breasts enough??? Hmm ... maybe I should start a poll about this ....

Quote:

(Keep in mind that my count was reset along with my registration date after the debut of the new forum. I still blame Munch.)

Hey .. I was registered user #69 .. and you don't see me bitchin about losing that ...

-Munch "Well, cept for just now" Wolf

Goldeneye

• The Midas Look
  • The Midas Look
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2003, 11:37:06 PM »
Late with the congrats, haven't been around in a coupla days.  Many happy returns!

Sadistyk

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2003, 01:32:43 AM »
Many congrats guys!  1000 is a big achievement on these forums.  Especially is you can do it in under a year.  Here's to at least 1000 more.

Now if you don't mind, I'm on my way to 2000.

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2003, 10:14:53 AM »
Gorgeous drawing!

homevintner

• L Cup
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2003, 02:36:24 PM »
Congrats on the 1k guys. I'm not that far ahead of you. Hmmm...I'd better work on that.  
"All religions seem to dislike breasts, but it's just the opposite with me." - Eric Idle

TheHerald

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2003, 02:51:58 PM »
Thank you to all the well wishers and the compliments on the morphed image.  

Sorry about the loss of your relative, Zasha.    
Thank you for your patience as I indulge my need to share.

DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2003, 03:56:22 AM »
A "positive" funeral, Z-Woman?  I'll be interested to hear how that goes.  Sympathies, etc.

I stayed away for over three days, but now -- I'm coming for you, Heraldo!

sheber

• Shasta'man
    • http://www.bearchive.com/~shasta/
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2003, 04:12:05 PM »
Haven't you ever been to an Irish wake?  
[Rent this space]