DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
Re: M
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2003, 09:32:49 PM »
'Fraid not, though with any luck Zasha has ...

Sadistyk

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2003, 03:27:42 AM »
Sorry to hear about the loss Zasha.

Did somebody say 'Irish Wake'...talk about a good times, an Irish Wake is like going to a funeral home that has an open bar and happy people.  Why mourn the loss of a loved one, instead celebrate their life with friends and drinks!  Good times!

Zasha

• Flexy Lady
    • www.bearchive.com/~Zasha
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2003, 01:08:18 AM »
I didn't want to talk further about our relative's passing for fear of taking over the thread on a negative note.  But you are all so kind - we thank you for your thoughts and wishes.

It was a positive event for several reasons:

Hi wife passed away a couple of years ago, and with her went his will and ambition.  They were both severely crippled, and depended upon one another for different daily tasks.  Generally, what one wasn't able to do, the other could.

Recently, he fell and broke his leg.  Being in poor physical condition to start with (severly dehabilitating arthritis), his leg didn't show much sign of healing properly, and he was forced into placement in a "care facility."  I was able to negotitate beer for him at his request (his one last pleasure, other than harrassing politicians via email).

His leg developed an infection, which he refused treatment for.  He stated that he wanted to "go home and die," which most would perceive as being delusional and depressed, but in fact is consistant with his words and wishes going back several years.

He passed away at the "care facility" (whose quality of care I was NOT impressed with when I visited).  The death certificate states the cause of death as (defined from the Latin in the dictionary) "malnutrition of body and mind."  I wouldn't have noticed it, save for the crematorium person pointing it out, stating "We've never seen this before, we don't know what it means."

So, you see, it was actually positive that he passed.

We're going for an airplane ride in a couple of weeks to scatter their ashes.  If you think an Irish wake is something, you should see a German wake with a Georgian thrown in...

Choosing doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.

Morphermor did me!...Er...Mine!

E_W

• X Cup
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2003, 08:29:24 PM »
Quote:

Oddly, this is not as vaunted a position as it once was.  ElvishWizard will be hitting his thousandth any week now, and TheHerald, perhaps any HOUR now.  Seems like only a few months ago that hitting a thousand got you on the first page of most prolific posters.  Ah well.

Hey man... don't say that... I mean, you gotta give me my few seconds of fame as well...

Normally, I'm very much against the celebration of big, round numbers.  There are far more important things that are big and round to celebrate.  In the binary system, this number would be 1111101000, which doesn't really look that special.  From a mathematician's point of view, a prime number is interesting while a number that has a lot of zeroes in it isn't.

But why celebrate birthdays at all then?

Well, we humans have an estethic sense.  We have an eye for regularity, harmonic proportions, clean lines, and - beautiful numbers, or rather, beautiful representations of numbers.  To give special significance to a number, maybe a date in the calendar, is our way of dividing the concrete representations of the abstract notions of quantity and time, in an estethically pleasing way.  We might say that nature loves regularity, but that is to fool ourselves, because it doesn't.  Nature loves chaotic patterns, with small building blocks and complex interactions, leading to unexpected results.

What I'm trying to say is, don't pay attention to the milestones.  The only way to properly measure your achievement is to look at the whole, all at once.

... and that concludes my post #1000.  

Sadistyk

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2003, 10:19:29 PM »
Nice 1000th post EW!  Congrats!

TheHerald

• Ink & Paint Club Outcast
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2003, 10:34:55 PM »
Congratulations Elvish_Wizard!

What I lacked in elegant writing, I tried to make up for in adding a colored/altered drawing to my "M" post.  

..and I try to have substance in most of my posts.    
Thank you for your patience as I indulge my need to share.

DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2003, 08:47:13 AM »
Strider!  Yo!

Raiden

• Vaio Parasite
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2003, 06:16:42 PM »

Quote:

Strider! Yo!  

Yo!!

BOOYAKA!!! 1000 POSTS BABY!!!!  
...Don't touch me again...

TheHerald

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2003, 07:28:44 PM »
Welcome to the Centennial Club! Does this mean you can make bigger sprites now?    

DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2003, 07:43:54 PM »
I think Heraldo means MILLENNIAL Club, Strider -- though I share his wish!

TheHerald

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2003, 10:50:07 PM »
Ooops, what he said. (I KNEW there was something bothering me about that choice of word).    

Sadistyk

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2003, 12:07:13 AM »
Congrats Strider!

Raiden

• Vaio Parasite
Thanks guys!
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2003, 04:41:14 PM »
Thanks guys!  

Quote:

Does this mean you can make bigger sprites now?  

Hmmm, Higher Res sprites?  I've done a few of those. I'll try to do more. Though the only reason I did Nadine in low res is because MUGEN only uses low res sprites.  And Nadine's original design was for MUGEN (Though she been put on the back-burner until I get my webcomic going).

Thanks again guys.  
...Don't touch me again...

homevintner

• L Cup
Re: Thanks guys!
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2003, 07:59:06 PM »
Well done Strider!  
"All religions seem to dislike breasts, but it's just the opposite with me." - Eric Idle

RandomX

• ZZZ Cup
    • www.overflowingforum.com
Re: Thanks guys!
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2003, 03:07:14 PM »
Yay, 1000! Someone check the numbers, something is amiss... I didnt realize this was the post for it. Whoops.
*glares at Sadistyk who "nagged" her to make a new thread.

100% real woman, with notarized documents and witnesses to back this claim up.