MaxBigfoot

• ZZZ Cup
  • Maximum Manga Maven
Re: M
« Reply #1935 on: September 27, 2009, 01:26:13 PM »
Congrats, Q_BE.  May JLH show up on your doorstep naked.   ;)

MaxBigfoot

To change Forum settings so that you see 50 topics per page:
Go to Forum Profile
Hover cursor over "Modify Profile" button in top left
Select "Look and Layout"
Scroll to "Topics to display per page", select 50 in dropdown menu
Click on "Change Profile" at bottom right of page.

You can also change "Messages to display per page" to 50 in the same way.

Q_BE

• P Cup
  • Dreaming of a Scarlett Spring
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
« Reply #1936 on: September 27, 2009, 06:55:45 PM »
Congrats, Q_BE.  May JLH show up on your doorstep naked.   ;)

Actually, she should be wearing a trenchcoat, but with nothing underneath. ;)

(See the movie If Only for the scene where she does just that.)

Q-"Plugging away"-BE

DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
« Reply #1937 on: September 29, 2009, 11:50:29 AM »
I predict that one of the first acts (of note) in October will be Zook hitting his 14th M, so allow me to be the first to congratulate that imminent occasion.

I'll breathe a bit easier that day.  I've been superstitiously wary of him being in the 13000s, but now he'll be pulling out.  Not much longer before he'll be outperforming the entire history of the Dow.

I'm also rather pleased with another kinda-sorta-M: gOOber is now less than 1000 posts behind me, where once he was over 1300 below.  I rather hope he passes me someday; my passing him felt a bit strange to me

A similar kinda-sort-M I'd love to see is Zook coming up within 1000 posts of Pal -- but they seem to be running parallel to each other, rather than converging, so perhaps that will never happen.  Perhaps Zook can find out what Pal's cup size WOULD have been if he had not been able to simply ID himself as Global Moderator.

luvdemwhoppers

• T Cup
  • Don Pauleboy
« Reply #1938 on: September 29, 2009, 12:19:20 PM »
luvdemwhoppers may as well adopt the Tull as his own anthem -- he may well hit his 2nd M by Christmas, if not sooner. 8)

Anyhow, after making noise about it for so long, Q_BE has indeed risen past several other posters, and now all but a sadly silent Cubs fan stands between him and his own 2nd M.  This'll be a busy week coming up, what with my little-seen aunt stopping by, and my hometown of Pittsburgh hosting the G20 summit, so I'll say it now: I see a possibility that Q will hit 2000 sometime next week, and in anticipation of that eventuality I say, Congratulations.

(Next: a 14th M for Zookie!?)

re adoption- nice idea, i like it!!! done 8)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 04:26:33 PM by luvdemwhoppers »
I'm walkin' here

espy

• G Cup
« Reply #1939 on: September 29, 2009, 04:10:38 PM »
I predict that one of the first acts (of note) in October will be Zook hitting his 14th M, so allow me to be the first to congratulate that imminent occasion.

Druul, your post count predictions probably never fail to come true, but whenever you congratulate someone in advance I'm reminded of a pro football player from years ago.  Wish I could remember his name or the team -- the details totally escape me.  All I remember is that in the final game of the year, he broke a rushing threshold (1,000 yards for the season or something like that -- back when 1,000 was notable).  The home crowd went nuts... they stopped the game and had an award presentation on the sideline... then they continued to play.  He ran the ball one more time -- and was thrown for a loss.  Total yards for the year = 998.  What an embarrassment!!
How would a girl with huge boobs ever know if she's truly interesting?

DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
« Reply #1940 on: September 29, 2009, 05:16:32 PM »
espy, I'll never forget the time MunchWolf parked himself at the 9999 post mark and sat there nearly three weeks.  It drove me nuts! ;D

Q_BE

• P Cup
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
« Reply #1941 on: September 29, 2009, 05:39:18 PM »
espy, I'll never forget the time MunchWolf parked himself at the 9999 post mark and sat there nearly three weeks.  It drove me nuts! ;D

Well, Druul, you've got exactly 888 posts to decide what you're going to do yourself... :)

Q-"Think well, my friend"-BE

PregNut

• ZZZ Cup
  • Pregnancy: Mother Nature's BE.
    • http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php/topic,155796.msg157416.html#msg157416
« Reply #1942 on: October 01, 2009, 06:06:25 PM »
Druul, your post count predictions probably never fail to come true, but whenever you congratulate someone in advance I'm reminded of a pro football player from years ago.  Wish I could remember his name or the team -- the details totally escape me.  All I remember is that in the final game of the year, he broke a rushing threshold (1,000 yards for the season or something like that -- back when 1,000 was notable).  The home crowd went nuts... they stopped the game and had an award presentation on the sideline... then they continued to play.  He ran the ball one more time -- and was thrown for a loss.  Total yards for the year = 998.  What an embarrassment!!

Earnest Byner, Washington Redskins, 1992
"Whenever someone talks about doing something for reasons of justice, you should put your hand in your pocket, because you're about to get it picked."

Avatar courtesy of Getty Images.

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #1943 on: October 01, 2009, 06:52:18 PM »
Now that we have the timer, there's a whole new way to compete, except Chelsea74 seems to be online 24/7. And wtf is Roostr? He's on all the time, but he never posts.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

Q_BE

• P Cup
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
« Reply #1944 on: October 01, 2009, 08:57:41 PM »
Now that we have the timer, there's a whole new way to compete, except Chelsea74 seems to be online 24/7. And wtf is Roostr? He's on all the time, but he never posts.

The new statistics like the timer are nice, but I wish we could see a "complete" list of all the users' time spent online, not merely the top ten, in a page-by-page format sortable by statistic. I'm sure the data is collected and stored somewhere, so it would just be a matter of creating a webpage to show the data.

Yes, I know that the "Members" list we have currently carries some of that information, but frankly, given all the new statistics available to us, the "Members" list data is incomplete, and in some cases, unnecessary. For example, the email is unnecessary because only a few people want such info made public, and thez "pixel bar" is completely unnecessary because it's just a graphical representation of the post counts against the top poster, which is just redunculous.  A revamp of that page should be high on the list of things to do, including categories sortable by top user (based on time), and top topic starters. God knows when, or IF, they'll ever get to this. Why don't they just pay somebody to focus on us here at the forum? ::)

Q-"Or is that too selfish a viewpoint?"-BE :P
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 09:03:35 PM by Q_BE »

luvdemwhoppers

• T Cup
  • Don Pauleboy
« Reply #1945 on: October 02, 2009, 03:21:54 PM »

this is a pretty good example of  advance celebration, funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE1G-Dn7nUs
I'm walkin' here

DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
« Reply #1946 on: October 03, 2009, 07:25:44 AM »
Just to be clear: this is NOT the "So who's been here the longest?" thread.  That thread measures TIME, and by a very new clock, I might add.  (I also suspect it's way too easy to rack up time by simply going elsewhere on the Web while never officially signing out back here.)  This thread measures POSTS.

And speaking of advance celebration, I'm expecting Zook's 14th M pretty much any hour now ... 8)

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #1947 on: October 03, 2009, 01:06:44 PM »
Just to be clear: this is NOT the "So who's been here the longest?" thread.  That thread measures TIME, and by a very new clock, I might add.  (I also suspect it's way too easy to rack up time by simply going elsewhere on the Web while never officially signing out back here.)  This thread measures POSTS.

And speaking of advance celebration, I'm expecting Zook's 14th M pretty much any hour now ... 8)

Just for the record, the timer cuts off when you leave the site and doesn't restart until you return. I discovered that while looking some stuff up in Wikipedia.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

luvdemwhoppers

• T Cup
  • Don Pauleboy
« Reply #1948 on: October 03, 2009, 01:19:22 PM »
Just for the record, the timer cuts off when you leave the site and doesn't restart until you return. I discovered that while looking some stuff up in Wikipedia.

just to chime in. i believe  the time cuts off if you're logged in but inactive, ie not searching, reading posting moving about the site, It would be helpful if any of the mods could help clarify re the clock, Peace, Happy day.
I'm walkin' here

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1949 on: October 04, 2009, 01:12:10 AM »

I'll breathe a bit easier that day.  I've been superstitiously wary of him being in the 13000s, but now he'll be pulling out.  Not much longer before he'll be outperforming the entire history of the Dow.
Thank you for your fear on my behalf :)

A similar kinda-sort-M I'd love to see is Zook coming up within 1000 posts of Pal -- but they seem to be running parallel to each other, rather than converging, so perhaps that will never happen.  Perhaps Zook can find out what Pal's cup size WOULD have been if he had not been able to simply ID himself as Global Moderator.
Any minute now, and we will find out...
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.