Shimmerin

• F Cup
Re: What Is Your Claim To Fame?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2003, 01:04:45 AM »
I am in the movie robocop two.  I was about 12 years old.

Look for the fat kid in the orange t-shirt during the fire hydrant scene.  Thats me.

That and I was the inventor of the magic the gathering deck known as sneak attack or as I originally dubbed it.  Cow.  Oh and I look like Randy Buehler, also of magic fame.  Damn him to the depths of hell.
No tree's were harmed in the making of this message, however billions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TheHerald

• Ink & Paint Club Outcast
  • Ink & Paint Club Outcast
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2003, 01:16:12 AM »
Quote:

Don't forget a helmet and some good leathers in case you fall off.

..and don't have Sadistyk as your co-driver.  

I'd definately be in the running for Master of Procrastination, if I ever got around to running.  

Let's see, other claims to fame..

Well, I won a prize for being the oldest at a LAN party of over 100 participants. Does that count?    
Thank you for your patience as I indulge my need to share.

Sadistyk

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2003, 01:43:11 AM »
Quote:

..and don't have Sadistyk as your co-driver.  

Smartass!

I won two state championships in freestyle wrestling, but not in my home state of Maryland.

I've been on non-wrestling related television 13 times.

I've held more single(non-tag team) wrestling titles than Ric Flair.

Sadis"Whoo this!"tyk

MaxBigfoot

• ZZZ Cup
  • Maximum Manga Maven
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2003, 02:39:38 AM »
I was a Highlander in the WWI battle scenes in the movie, 'Legends of the Fall'.  I died a lot.  In a kilt.
Oh, the humanity!

I'm the longest lasting regular participant in the newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.anime.

I'm one of the few people I know who have worked in both -50 Celsius and 50 Celsius temperatures.

I've been #1 in North America several times on the NTN bar trivia game.

That's about it.  

MaxBigfoot

To change Forum settings so that you see 50 topics per page:
Go to Forum Profile
Hover cursor over "Modify Profile" button in top left
Select "Look and Layout"
Scroll to "Topics to display per page", select 50 in dropdown menu
Click on "Change Profile" at bottom right of page.

You can also change "Messages to display per page" to 50 in the same way.

Zasha

• Flexy Lady
    • www.bearchive.com/~Zasha
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2003, 03:58:30 AM »
I suppose that my biggest claim to fame is shared by a couple of other folks:

We were inseperable friends in college, all studied the same major courses, graduated from college, started a partnership firm, DIDN'T go broke during the first year, DIDN'T lose a partner after the first year, and even remain inseperable friends a few years later.

Choosing doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.

Morphermor did me!...Er...Mine!

prinz

• Z Cup
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2003, 10:49:17 AM »
I am known in Dog show and Dog Mushing circles...I prefer the later crowd to the former.. Well known in the mid-west for my sailing ship models when I go to model contests. cheers PE  

Nimrod

• KC Strip Artist
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2003, 03:34:14 PM »
Ok, my life may be eccentric but not all that riveting -  but here goes...

Back in my elementary school days I made it onto a [censored] TV show and actually had several lines and interaction with the host. Nearly all of which was cut and discarded for time reasons. I spent most of a school day at the studio and ended up, on TV, looking like I was just hanging around the back of the set by accident. My chums back at school thought I was a star, at lest for a week!
Does anyone remember the Vantastics?

Back in 1983 I almost spilled ice cream on Adam West (i.e. Batman) - recovered and was able to shake hands and exchange a few words. Very cool fellow even at the nadir of his career.

I really pissed off Fred Rogers (as in Mr. Rogers)when I was about 9 and caught a glimpse of the turmoil lurking just under the surface. Nobody could have been THAT nice ALL the time. It still freaks me out when I think back. It was just the two of us, on a pier in Florida.

Look for me in the background crowd during the last few minuets of "Revenge of the Nerds II". I think I am in there for about a half second. The "pool" scene was an extremely long location shot. After being "on-set" forever I had simply had to go home.

On several occasions, I have had total strangers tell me I look just like John Kennedy Jr. I have had people take my picture because of it. In a very morbid way, his death has stopped that. It must be the hair or something, because I do not see it.

In the graduation scene in the movie "With Honors" take a look in the background sidewalk, again for about a second, I am a blue and white blur. Not worth mentioning. Although I was there when the crane mounted camera safety lock broke and the unoccupied camera chair and camera smashed to the ground from about 25 feet. Ouch!

Time for one last on-topic story for the BEA-
Does anyone remember Ann Jillian? I sure do. She was the guest of honor in my home town's 4thof July parade in 1983. The parade route was pretty long and we had set up to watch very near the end of the run. By the time the bands and clowns had made it down to us they were all exhausted and glum. For my 14th birthday I had just received a telephoto lense for my camera and was taking all sorts of photos.
Then along come Ann sitting on the back trunk of a bright red convertible. As the car slowly approached I was in adolescent nirvana. She was in a backless fluffy white dress, just think "The 7 Year Itch" and I was amazed how luminescent she was. Even after a good hour in the baking sun and blustery wind she was still smiling clutching a clump of quickly wilting flowers and waving. I nearly forgot to use the camera. Looking through the viewfinder was like being next to her!
The car came to pause only feet away, as parades are apt to do. Ann simply continued to wave and smile. This was too perfect! I simply was frozen looking through the camera at her beauty magnified to an uncomfortably intimate degree. Then it happened.
As she turned to wave at other gawking teenagers across the street a strong gust of wind swirled around the car and caught the open back of her dress. For a split second the top of her outfit rippled away from her chest and there caught in my viewfinder were two perfect examples of what made her, at least in my mind, a living fantasy. I was too shocked to actually take a picture. I just sat there slack-jawed as Ann quickly clutched the flowers to her for more cover.
The car moving away snapped me from my **104** and in some desperate, and futile, attempt to document the whole thing I did take a picture. It was an off-center image of a red car and the back of some lady messing with her dress.
Years later her battle with breast cancer and her subsequent rehabilitation put a different flavor on my recollections. If only I had been a little more together there would be a candid record of such an amazing sight before any surgery. I send out a long overdue "looking-good!" to Ann, wherever she is.    
BE Together...

Images are (c) Nimrod unless noted otherwise

Janus

• P Cup
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2003, 04:35:11 PM »
 The way I end my posts. In fact, you can probably figure out who I am anywhere by looking on the message board for the way I end them.

I had the first (and now the most neglected) big breast manga club on yahoo clubs.

I've learned 3 of Batman's tricks. I can scare the crap out of people, I can "disappear" when people least expect it, and I can find anything...anywhere. Though I don't try with the first two...they just come naturally. The detective crap came after years of being a history major. "Ph33r my m4d r3s34rch ski11z!"

J- Bah-leeted!  
I will remove the stick out of the world's ass.

PregNut

• ZZZ Cup
  • Pregnancy: Mother Nature's BE.
    • http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php/topic,155796.msg157416.html#msg157416
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2003, 04:45:39 PM »
"I'm here to confess: I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll."
-Ace Ventura, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective  
"Whenever someone talks about doing something for reasons of justice, you should put your hand in your pocket, because you're about to get it picked."

Avatar courtesy of Getty Images.

Scarab

• F Cup
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2003, 04:52:55 PM »
I've met Robin Williams, Chris Rock, and One of the guys from the Foo Fighters; in Aspen Colorado.  

Robin Williams to Scarab.... Hey kid, what time is it?

Scarab to Chris Rock.... I loved you in that one movie man, with that one guy.... you know.

Guy from Foo Fighters.... got his autograph when he was large group of people signing, then sold it two hours later for 80 bucks.  Bling Bling

-Scarab
"Oh and I saw President Bushs black Ranger when he came to Colorado two years ago."

If you could be either Gods worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?
We are Gods middle children, according to Tyler Durden, with no special place in history and no special attention.
Unless we get Gods attention, we have no hope of damnation or redemption.
Which is worse, hell or nothing?
Only if we're caught and punished can we be saved.
"Burn the Louvre," the mechanic says, "and wipe your ass with the Mona Lisa. This way at least, God would know our names."

-Fight Club, page 141

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2003, 05:20:48 PM »
I didn't know this was going to be a brush with **28** kind of thing.... if so, I am properly armed...

I will exclude all of my professional 'brushes' which have brought me into contact with a variety of actors, directors, cinematographers, etc.... other than to say that I poured OJ for George Lucas once (as an intern working craft services on a shoot he was involved with back around '90). We exchanged a polite sentence or two. I also **84** in a room with an Oscar (the guest bedroom of a house I was house-sitting, also while I was an intern) ...it was heavier than it looked.

Non-professionally, I still have a fair share of **27** encounters... eating a sandwich on a bench with my dog in Burbank, Jay Leno walks by and greets my dog and I. Sushi sitting next to Helen Hunt, and dozens of other unremarkable encounters. However, when I was just a kid I was attending the America's Cup races in Newport, RI and while eating with my folks at a clam bar, Ted Turner and the crew from his boat (which had just broken it's mast) walked in and started their meal at the next table. At the time (maybe I was 12 or something) it was exciting, though not quite as exciting as the few pairs of breasts I also got a look at during that trip.

I've been on TV several times, being interviewed for various newsmagazines regarding work I've done on various projects and films. I could care less about that.

MunchWolf

• What Tagline?
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2003, 05:47:56 PM »
ooooh .. I PM'd Palomine once ...

-Munch "How's that for brush with greatness?" Wolf

Scotchman

• G Cup
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2003, 06:41:22 PM »
Oh yeah, the Bonneville barstool racing category is very
restricted. I suppose the officials are trying to keep us from
killing ourselves...

1. No gas power engines allowed. A single 12V car battery
drives a single 12V motor. No exceptions.

2. No transmissions, gearbox, or mechanical shifting devices.

3. A real barstool must be used and it must be least 30-inches
tall. The maximum wheelbase is 21-inches and the maximum tire
and wheel width is 23-inches. The wheels cannot exceed 10-inches
in height and must be either pneumatic or solid rubber.

4. You must actually be seated with your arse on the stool.
You can't lay across the stool on your stomach to lower
your center of gravity and reduce wind resistance.

http://www.saltflats.com/barstool.html

I've got some innovative design ideas which I think no one has
tried yet. I'm pretty sure I can top 50 mph, but the 10-inch
wheel size is a huge limitation. I won't know if my ideas
will work until I actually build a prototype and test it.

My fear is that I will get up to about 25 mph in my first
run and then chicken out. If you think about it, 40 mph is
scary-fast when you're sitting on an open vehicle whose
height is 30% greater than its width.

But wouldn't it be cool to get Budweiser as a corporate sponsor?
I could have a leather Budweiser racing jumpsuit with a red
Budweiser helmet. I could name my barstool "Miss Budweiser"
like the offshore racing power boats and dragsters and stuff.

I've already found my barstool...

"Every time you eat a steak, a hippy's hacky-sack goes in the gutter."
~ Patton Oswalt

ElmerFudd

• Z Cup
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2003, 06:51:43 PM »
I thought of a potential area to mess with that might give you an advantage.  It doesn't say anything about the rider.  You could design something to stablize the stool that you wear!  At a minimum, you could get one of those speed skater outfits, since I bet that drag is a big factor!

Further thought, sounds very topheavy, and therefore unstable.  Weighted boots or pants?

Just my 2 cents, and maybe worth half that!  

D_U_S_K

• Faye Faye
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2003, 08:22:02 PM »
Looks like the guy on the right already got that leather outfit going, If you click on yonder link.

I'd create a hologram program to hide the outside appearance when i use a Ferrari and or uber-expensive fast car.

----
The End. No More. Goodbye.

-Jessica