DrHyde

• Mad Scientist
Re: What Is Your Claim To Fame?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2003, 10:15:25 PM »
Quote:

ooooh .. I PM'd Palomine once ...

-Munch "How's that for brush with greatness?" Wolf  

Hey, I did that a couple of times as well....

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2003, 11:18:20 PM »
Scotchman,

...so there goes my suggestion about the propane jet powered barstool, eh? Between the 12v battery and the motor perhaps the rules permit some kind of discharge controller as is used on electric-power-class drag cars at the NHRA electric competition? This might enable a very fast 'forced' discharge of the available amp/hours to achieve maximum speed in the alloted time. Many small, advanced electic motors are available for various electric scooter/bike/car projects, but of course such things cost more than a 12VDC motor salvaged from something or other. I had a link a while ago for a company that was designing a hybrid diesel/electic sport motorcycle (believe it or not) and they had a VERY lightweight and powerful motor that was available separately. If I find the link I'll post it.

As for 45 mph being fast out in the open seated on a stool I agree and understand completely... speed is perceived so much more directly when you're not in the closed protective confines of a car. While I am SURE that it would be scary to go 50 mph on a stool, I think I'd not be TOO worried about it since there are no curbs to hit with your noggin ala Gary Busey if you take a spill at speed. The worst that would happen (assuming you slide and don't roll) would be road rash. Everytime I'm up in a tree pruning it's the same thing... you look up at the branch you want to lop off and it's ONLY 2 or 3 stories up. 10 minutes later when you're UP there, hanging onto the trunk with one hand and onto the chainsaw with the other, and THEN you look down and see that you're up high enough to do some serious damage if you fell... THEN you realize (the same way as exposed speed) that perception/perspective play a big role in things.

I wish you the best of luck in your attempt... it sounds like a fun, doable project and a great adventure.  

Couple of brushless motors: http://www.ecycle.com/motorgenerator/default.htm

That motorcycle (interesting): http://www.ecycle.com/powersports/hybrid.htm

Sadistyk

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2003, 11:19:44 PM »
I saw Munch when he was still in Indiana.  Didn't know who he was until a few weeks ago when I found out it was him that I had seen.

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2003, 06:11:20 PM »
Had to think about this for a while... only celebs I've gotten close to have been various Star Trek actors at SF conventions.  Talked briefly with the guy who invented the Klingon language (Mike Okuda).

Biggest claim to fame: Won a science-fiction version of "Beat the Geeks" at a local SF convention last year, beating two of the geeks and taking their medallions... pitiful, eh?  
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

largebreastfan

• D Cup
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2003, 10:11:55 PM »
I've been a featured and background extra on many film and tv shoots (playing bikers mainly) incl. Queen of the damned (still got the original extras pack we got, including tickets to the premiere, t shirt, stickers etc. Look for it on ebay in the next few years ) Mad Max 2, Blue Heelers, A Country practice and many more. I used to bodyguard and roadie and met many rock n roll stars, some are pricks like A** R*** most were cool people- Jon Davis from Korn was very nice, the guys from Iron Maiden are gents, Fear factory are top guys, Skid Row know how to party and are down to earth, Manson is great to the road guys, Motley crue often came and drank with the roadies (Vince Neil once spent 3 hours helping us assemble a new drum riser- He was a carpenter of some decent skills too!) and Jon Bon Jovi was a great humble guy back in the '80's, but a very insecure dude.

I was also once very nearly involved in fisticuffs with CC Deville from Poison when he blew off my lady and her friends back in '89. Lucky his guitar tech Dallus stepped in, or poison might have sunk into obscurity a few years earlier than they did.  

I have also met many actors in my various jobs and they were mostly over sensitive little assholes down to the last one. Most were soapie fly by nighters, they were the biggest pains in the neck. A few of the bigger Hollywood types were surprisingly shit hot people and very undemanding and down to earth.

Brad Pitt is the person they should all try and follow in terms of generosity and not getting a big head. I'd be happy to back him at anytime. A top guy and a little wild when he wants to be. And as humble as the local milkman. As for the rest of them i wouldnt piss on them if they were on fire.
"Jesus died for somebody else's sins but not mine"

" Your God is dead...And noone cares"

largebreastfan

• D Cup
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2003, 12:14:24 AM »
The whole Queen of the damned thing is a little eerie now. Little did we all know when we were joking around with Aaliyah on the set of the Death valley concert scene for 3 days that a little while later she would be dead. She was great, very friendly. And very beautiful up close...
"Jesus died for somebody else's sins but not mine"

" Your God is dead...And noone cares"

Nimrod

• KC Strip Artist
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2003, 12:47:56 PM »
Hey Sadistyk - you saw Munch in Indiana? Where was this and when? I may have seen the famous Munch and not even known it!  
BE Together...

Images are (c) Nimrod unless noted otherwise

MunchWolf

• What Tagline?
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2003, 01:22:22 PM »
I worked for Purdue for 5 years .. and was a very visible employee ... so if you visited Purdue between 97 and 02, there's a good chance you saw me ...

-Munch "My brush with greatness?  Every morning when I style my hair!!!!" Wolf

PregNut

• ZZZ Cup
  • Pregnancy: Mother Nature's BE.
    • http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php/topic,155796.msg157416.html#msg157416
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2003, 05:39:31 PM »
Quote:

I worked for Purdue for 5 years .. and was a very visible employee ... so if you visited Purdue between 97 and 02, there's a good chance you saw me ...

-Munch "My brush with greatness?  Every morning when I style my hair!!!!" Wolf  

Janitor?  
"Whenever someone talks about doing something for reasons of justice, you should put your hand in your pocket, because you're about to get it picked."

Avatar courtesy of Getty Images.

BillN

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2003, 06:51:29 PM »
"Janitor? "

Oh man, what a slam!  What an insult!

They're called "Custodians" now Preg.

ElmerFudd

• Z Cup
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2003, 09:04:22 PM »
Quote:

"Janitor? "

Oh man, what a slam!  What an insult!

They're called "Custodians" now Preg.  

Actually, in my neck of the woods they're called "Maintenance Engineers".  Of course garbagemen are "Sanitation Engineers".

Elmer"You can put a pretty ribbon on it, but a pile of S**t is still a pile of S**t"Fudd  

E_W

• X Cup
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2003, 09:07:37 PM »
The Swedish euphemism of choice right now is "caretaker of the premises".

Tugboatcap

• G Cup
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2003, 10:09:55 PM »
I used to volunteer at the Pensacola Spring Fest and always did the hospitality director thing for several of the top name singers.  I have a bunch of friends that have a band called Dash RipRock (Hey Hoakie!  How's Miami?) and I was also hosting Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis that year.  I was able to introduce Dash to all of them and also got to talk with Jerry Lee for quite some time.  REALLY nice guy, kinda soft spoken, go figure!

Tugboatcap!
TugboatCap!

PregNut

• ZZZ Cup
  • Pregnancy: Mother Nature's BE.
    • http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php/topic,155796.msg157416.html#msg157416
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2003, 10:55:09 PM »
Quote:

You can put a pretty ribbon on it, but a pile of S**t is still a pile of S**t

Where I come from, we say: "You can't polish a turd."  
"Whenever someone talks about doing something for reasons of justice, you should put your hand in your pocket, because you're about to get it picked."

Avatar courtesy of Getty Images.

MunchWolf

• What Tagline?
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2003, 05:29:29 AM »
nope .. the janitors at Purdue aren't really that high profile ... and they don't get to terrorize the sidewalks with a big tan van ...

-Munch "and some times .. I got to drive the golf cart .. woohoo" Wolf