Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Danuta Lato MERGED
« on: March 31, 2002, 12:16:00 AM »
Every once in a while, I go surfing for images of Danuta Lato on the web. I've been gathering images of her for years now, as she's one of my earliest favorites. Tonight's trolling was the first time in months: using Google for 'Danuta Lato' I skimmed the first hundred or so match summaries and checked out all that seemed as if they might be referring to my query (perhaps a dozen sites out of the first 100 'matches'). These resulted in less than a dozen images total, all common and most low-rez.

Perhaps she's a bit esoteric as far as pinups go (her peak of popularity was in the 80s and early 90s, mostly in Europe... in addition to pinup photography, she was a pop singer with some hits in Italy and she also appeared in a number of European B-grade movies... comedies and action pictures), but I am nonetheless surprised at the seemingly small amount of material that tonight's hunt resulted in. The internet is a big place, and multi-national in nature (thus including those countries where Danuta was popular) so you'd think that the first 100 google matches would turn up a bit more on DL.

So, does anyone out there also find this odd? The lack of Danuta material I mean. If you've got any good Danuta links, or know of a source for pix (other than the few dozen that cycle thru the UG a couple times a year) please do tell.

Thanks.

Champy

• D Cup
    • none
Re: Danuta Lato MERGED
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2002, 06:14:00 AM »
I don't know about any new pics of Danuta, but I remember she was in a low budget comedy called "The Big Gag".  I know it is out on video because I rented it about 10 years ago.  It is kind of like a European candid camera.  Memories are kind of fuzzy, but I remember in a few scenes she was wearing a red halter top that seemed to defy gravity.  In one scene she was playing with a hula hoop.  She was in only a few scenes, and the rest of the video pretty much sucked.  I know you probably have already seen this video, being a big Danuta fan, but I posted this just in case you haven't.

Champy  

I'd rather die while I'm living than live when I'm dead

Jimmy Buffett

Palomine

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2002, 08:58:00 PM »
Thanks Champy... yep, I've got a couple copies of it as it's the only Danuta film that appears on eBay with any frequency. Some memorable scenes. Wish I could locate copies of her other movies (I've tried several times).

Elliot James

• SCORE Lord
    • BeASCOREModel
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2002, 09:20:00 PM »
Guys who collected her material in her heyday are from a different generation and are not likely to scan and upload her photos on the web, even if they still have the stuff.
Elliot James
Editor
The SCORE Group
5001 NW 74 CT
Miami FL 33155
305-662-5959
[email protected]
http://www.BeASCOREModel.com
http://blog.scoreland.com/
https://twitter.com/elliot_james_

Palomine

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2002, 09:55:00 PM »
Very true, especially since she doesn't have the heavy cult following of Roberta Pedon, etc... particularly in the states. After checking IMDB for DL's other movies (Felix and an action picture called Soldier of Fortune aka Running Combat) I've tried hunting for copies online (eBay, hard-to-find video sites, and of course European video stores with sites) with no luck.

Previously viewed rental copies of The Big Gag usually go on eBay for under $10 (which is where I got mine) and of course her pop album or some Europop compliation that includes her comes up once in a while too. In addition to the magazine back issues featuring her such as Penthouse, D-Cup, etc... (I think I've managed to purchase most of the common ones that I could find).

And then there's that set of hardcore stills that were posted to the UG some time ago purported to be Danuta wearing a dark wig. In those pix, there was an Arriflex 16SR film camera which would have been a bit pricey to simply be a prop and lends credence to the hopeful conspiracy theorists (such as myself) that perhaps there's even an old film loop/video featuring Danuta in more explicit action, tho' perhaps not under that name.

I occasionally post about this on the off chance that some Danuta fan better informed than I might have some new info on this, or on sources for her other films.

[ April 01, 2002: Message edited by: Palomine ]

Seelie

• G Cup
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2002, 10:54:49 PM »
I cheked for you on gnutella (xolox community) and kazaa, but didn't come up with anything. Have you tried usenet?
-----
Hmm, I guess I'm not as omniscient as I thought.

Palomine

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2002, 02:11:16 AM »
Thanks for the effort Seelie.... once in a while some Danuta pix fly thru the .pinups NG, and of couse a few times a year some of the same commom DL pix wander through the UGs here and at HDK. Still no sign of any additional hardcore material beyond those dark-wig pix from a while back (other than that first group of pix of course, a sample is attached for your review).

If I learn anything new about Danutal that's relevent to finding and collecting images and other materials of her, I'll be sure to pass the info along here, and hope that if anyone get new info about her they'll do the same... and by this exchange both we and Danuta fans everywhere will benefit.

Eyes peeled, and ears keen,  

debra872

• G Cup
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2002, 04:12:46 PM »
From a Feb 2000 post:

Actress/singer/model Danuta Lato was born as Danuta Irzyk in a small village named Szufnarowa in the Polish Carpathian mountains.

She was a late bloomer. At 17 her breasts were average sized, but suddenly they started to grow so rapidly, that she had to buy a new bra every month. Two years later she could not find a bra big enough in Poland! Her measurements were 42-24-34.

Danuta was only 4' 11" tall, which puts those measurements into some sort of perspective.

Of course, she attracted much attention in her village. The local folks used to call her "The blonde with big ears".

She got a part-time job as a playleader in a kindergarten. Then in 1984 she met a guy from Germany, who brought her to the West.

Her first film-role was a German comedy film "Three and a Half Helpings", where she and equally voluptuous Carmen Lentz play two dancers (The Titti Sisters) who have fun with three pilots in an aeroplane.

Danuta's first photo-sessions appeared in Penthouse and other men's magazines in 1984, and soon she became a world-wide sensation among fans of big-breasted women. In subsequent years she has posed over two thousand times for various magazines.

She has also had various film-roles. One of these was an Italian-Yugoslavian co-produced action-film called "Running Combat".

In 1987 she recorded a single called "Touch My Heart". That flopped in her new homeland Germany, but became a Top 10 hit in Spain and a gold-record in Japan in 1988. That picture-disc is now a collectors' item. She also recorded a couple of other songs, like "Nobody's Woman" and "Whenever You Go".

Danuta has also appeared in Candid Camera-type TV-shows in Israel and South Africa.

In the beginning of the 1990's she reportedly left for Hollywood to launch a movie career. Little has been heard of her since.

Argyle

• X Cup
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2002, 07:18:16 AM »
I hope that got Palomine's attention, as he is known to be the world's biggest Danuta fan.  :-)

If you join the Yahoo Group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/danutalatopolishbigboobs/

the file called DanutaPinUpClub.mpg (split into 3 parts with HJSPLIT) is a brief clip from Danuta's music video "Touch My Heart".  Not the best quality, but you can see the goodies anyhow, so enjoy.

Arg  

Palomine

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2002, 02:33:14 PM »
IMHO, Danuta is the best thing to come out of Poland since Pirogis (sp?). Don't know if that makes me the biggest DL fan arond (there are a few other devotees out there) but I do what I can. Thanks for the info... I d/l the clip segments but any idea what software I'd use on a Mac to rejoin them? Not urgent, just curious...

BTW, I actually bought the Danuta LP picture disk on eBay (the burden of a compulsive collector) even though I don't own a record player. Pretty sad, huh?

Thanks again.

Argyle

• X Cup
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2002, 07:42:21 AM »
This page has a bunch of file splitters/joiners, and it looks like a couple can be used on both Windows and Mac:

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/

Hope this helps.

Argyle  

Palomine

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2002, 11:46:32 AM »
Gracias!

Later: I dl and inst Chunkjoiner but am not yet able to get it to work... it's drag and drop thing (the only way to say GO apparently) is not happening.... hmmm...

Argyle

• X Cup
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 04:43:01 PM »
'Eighties Polish sexbomb Danuta appeared in a few films during that decade, and also a German TV show named Ein Fall fur Zwei.  Attached is a collage from this scene.  predictably, she plays a **33**.

Argyle

• X Cup
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 02:18:01 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYXWUDmJ-i4

There must be a way to save Youtube vids, right?

Tman

• G Cup
    • www.sitiofan.com
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 02:39:47 PM »
I had not seen it either!

Thanks for the find!

Tman