Governor

• D Cup
Remember when?
« on: February 06, 2004, 07:25:28 AM »
Is there anyone out there (like me) who remembers when this was all started with the BE Buddies e-mail list, and the Acotto FTP site?  (yeah I just totally dated myself)

Talk about your history!  

Craig_Mercer

• P cup
Re: Remember when?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 09:16:17 AM »
I actually started lurking the week the actual site went up. I'm not sure if it had it's own domain though. I actually missed out on the Anthony Cotto site. Anywhere I can get the bulk of material from that era? It also be nice to see screencaps of the original splashpage, etc.
E N O R M O U S B R E A S T S
S O U S E M O N S T E R B R A
O R B S M E A S U R E T O N S

MunchWolf

• What Tagline?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 10:49:13 AM »
there's a history floating around here somewhere ....

-Munch "I remember when .. we had to walk 5 miles .. in the snow ... uphill .. just to get the boobies ... and they were only D-cups back then" Wolf

Wolfman1066

• F Cup
    • getit.at/adventure
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 11:08:29 AM »
I only came into this around BEA v1.1 or so, though the first page I remember seeing is this godawful frames page.
Winner of "The cutest Name" in the rename Bambi contest, with "Bambi Bares'Em."

"A bust this big needs ample support." -Blue from Madam Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends
"Only one woman has a bust to match that bust." -Also Blue from Madam Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends

Aahz

• D Cup
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 12:31:10 PM »
I remember. I was IT for a company that had just gotten a T1 link which was a big deal at that time. I spent a lot of time on the acotto FTP archive. Talk about feeling old.

Aahz.  

Tugboatcap

• G Cup
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2004, 12:24:08 AM »
Or even before Acotto, there were BBS sites like the Chicago Loop and Rusty & Eddies.  Ahhh - 2400 baud.  Those were the days.... NOT!

Tugboatcap!
TugboatCap!

Haknslash

• F Cup
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2004, 12:36:46 AM »
Ah, yes. The Acotto days, <old guy voice>back in the day when ya had ta crank the computer ta start tha durn thang!! </old guy voice>  
Taquitos!!! And a clown with no head!!

CK01

• E Cup
    • cyckath.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 02:49:35 AM »
Lurked on first version of BEA. I cry sometimes for the sheer volume of lost stuff from that era due to dead hard drives and being unable to afford the then backbreaking cost of a CD burner to back it up -_-
Avert your eyes children...http://cyckath.deviantart.com/

Governor

• D Cup
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004, 08:50:04 AM »
Glad to know I am not the only other long time BE person out there out there!   Does anyone remember a site that was online for a few months, the guy kept asking for donations to build a server where all the BE stuff could be hosted. I think people actually sent him some stuff and he was able to get it up and running for a while. That would be almost directly before the BEA came to being.  I think the guys name was Will, and I cant remember the history behind that.  Any help?  

CaptainQ

• A Cup
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 01:30:35 PM »
I remember, the thirty-five sweet goodbyes. Oh, wait, wrong topic. I go back to '97 with the BEA, how far back does it predate from then? I remember the #!!be_loft on Dalnet and a few ftp hotspots. At the time Dr Ivan was the hot thing as well as Spike. There was an old site, its no longer around, who hosted the bea, damn i can't remember, but he had all Spikes stuff along with other futre retired BEA artists.  
Yea, I'm a Trekkie so what, huh, what are you gonna do about it!

DrHyde

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2004, 01:54:16 PM »
I remember lurking around the BEA when it first started. I also remember inflate123 updating his site too.

Johnny_Swell

• E Cup
    • johnnyswell.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2004, 02:21:05 PM »
Quote:

Or even before Acotto, there were BBS sites like the Chicago Loop and Rusty & Eddies.  Ahhh - 2400 baud.  Those were the days.... NOT!

Tugboatcap!  

Ah yes I remember those days well when I was just old enough to get a credit card and buy a 10$ a month subscription to Rusty and Edie's, and MCI had their "free long distance for one month" special.  I *soooo* abused that month calling from Delaware to the midwest.  Anyone else remember the Amazon's Arena where I first posted my first BE drawings?  That was where I saw the first Dr. Enlarge stories and posted my own first story, back in the wonderful days of being a computer *god* because you had a 14.4 modem.  There wasnt much out there, I think the only other well-endowed art I had ever seen before mine was the stuff posted by Elbee and of course the essential Nanny Dickering stories in Cracked by Bill Ward.  Sometimes I miss my teen years, then I remember that it was actually more fun *after* I started having sex with girls.  The one thing that I truly wished I had been able to keep from that era were my original BE drawings, dozens of sketches and some very detailed pencil renderings that were lost in a house fire 3 years ago (sigh).  

Johnny "Where's my walker?" Swell  

MrHHH

• L Cup
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 04:26:17 AM »
Hey, I'm trying to create a BE History page, and I could really use some help...

Quote:

Dr. Enlarge "The Mistake" was published on the alt.sex.stories newsgroups sometime in 92. He got a lot of feedback from that, but discovered there were others who liked BE too.

BE Buddies e-mail list was created/implemented (when? Who did it?)

Acotto FTP site was before the web took off. It became a depository for morphers. (around when?)

Then there were two other sites. The first one died from lack of funds. The second one never really took off. I forget why.

Then one of the BE crowd got funds for making the BEA by promising free access to the site forever. (When did the BEA come online?)

Wren's spot was created (when? Around the same time, right?) as a protest to show that you could make a free BE site. (Heh, the ads he put up is now blocking the pages on the internet wayback machine.) Scotty of Hooters.dk is supposed to have a backup of the site.

The #!!BE_LOFT was created on IRC for the BE crowd to hang out at.

On November 2001 "The (prohibited O)" was created bye MrHHH in response to the BEA's free story area never being updated. (Ugh, I don't believe I had to go look that up, in fact, I missed the third birthday of (prohibited O).)

Anyone willing to fill in the blanks? Did I miss any BE history?

Anyone remember the first morph?

sheber

• Shasta'man
    • http://www.bearchive.com/~shasta/
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2004, 01:48:04 AM »
Lets see...this reads more like a history of the net because BE writings have been around for centuries (milennia if you count the Aboriginal legends of the sisters....)
What was his name (DruulEmpire, is that it?) was writing BE stories for men's magazines in the late 80's, our only erotic refuge of the time. I must have reread those stories a dozen times until another one was written. One of the other old farts will have to tell you about telnet and the old BBS's. From what I understand BE and fakes were around, even then. BE stories were well constructed yet often verbose (Al- Some Sort Of Dog, still owes me a ream of paper for trying to print out one of his stories) and were tucked quietly away all over the web. The web was new, and Spam was unheard of, but search engines were archaic. It was hard finding BE. Popular phrases had yet to be coined (or at least exploited) which would allow a websurfer to easily navigate the WWW.
I believe it was 93 when AASB (alt.alt.sex.breast) became a website and folded within the year.
At the end of its run a tiny new site emerged... the BEA (I still remeber that awful seafoam background). The honorable Reverend Doctor Monsoon Macman tried his hand at morphing and even offered an ftp home ('93) to those wayward BE files abndoned by A. Cotto ('92). R&D was a plain text newletter mailed out the members of the BE-Buddies, a shrouded (and sorted) group of people, many of whom were the founding backbone of the BE movement(have we had any new members in years?).
Wren-spot as well as Diana's Valkerie carried the ever popular R&D, while Cheviot's Place was in its inception.
The IRC channel #!!BE_LOFT was in existence in 94 and the first incarnation of the website was created shortly after. A redesign came in 96 and in 2000 the LOFT abandoned Dalnet.

I'll have to double check my log dates and saved newsletters to verify these years. Until then, you can go on believing that I made this all up.
[Rent this space]

Korg_Fal

• B Cup
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kabooom/
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 07:41:33 AM »
Hmmm, I kinda DID have to go up hill in the snow etc to get to Acottos site, hehe.  The day I got ONLINE for the first time my dad had just bought a 14.4 K EXTERNAL modem (hey, it was top of the line then for $375!).  He hooked it up and showed me brownser (NETSCAPE was fun back then) and search engines etc.  After like an hour he had to go do something and left me alone in the computer room...so I promptly entered "BIG BOOBS" into Lycos...and one of the first things I found was Acottos little folder site...not even a site really, just a buncha folders....and LOTS of very very very very big boobs.   Yes, I have been around awhile, hehe.  Actually, in connection with another post of mine, Svengali was around back then too, although he seems to be lurking these days he still posts an occasional picture in the UG Ive noticed.   Or I think its him, it looks EXACTLY like Svens old stuff.  Oh well, anyways, I just ahd to post a reply to this one...man I feel old now. :|

KorgFal