F_Cup_Fitzgerald

• Banned User
It's Like a Morgue in the BEAddventure
« on: August 24, 2001, 03:30:00 AM »
Well. Raoul Duke not posting; L.E. seems to have gone to the proofreader's perch in the sky; Mello on strike; Conrad gone; DonkeyShit (who was very entertaining) gone missing, perhaps permanently; DejaVoodoo absent; Burke Rakers, Dabbler, Zorlond, Groblek, JigSaw on vacation. . . .

I feel like that guy (Earl Holliman, I think) in that "Twilight Zone" episode who kept pushing the button to cross the street, shouting "Where IS everybody?"

Oh well, maybe tomorrow. If it keeps up like this, Adama will actually be able to get current.

BTW, it's strange, not to say suspicious, that when Dabbler goes on vacation that JigSaw, Groblek, Zorlond, DejaVoodoo and L.E. all stop posting, isn't it? If you're all the same guy, fess up, I promise I won't TP the trees in your front yard or soap the windows of your house. . . .

[ August 26, 2001: Message edited by: F-Cup Fitzgerald ]

Zorlond

• G Cup
Re: It's Like a Morgue in the BEAddventure
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2001, 05:22:00 AM »
Well, I can't speak for everybody else, but -I'm- just one guy, one pen name. Though it is an odd co-incidence that we all stop posting at once... My own reason is my chronicly dry inspiration well. I was fighting it for a while there, but no re-fill in sight yet.

I know your accusation was merely in jest, but the six you've named couldn't be a single person. We've all got distinctive writing styles. Given the time (and enough material), I probably could differentiate Dabbler from Groblek, Deja from JigSaw, and so on. Heck, I'm betting my own style's easy to spot. Not because it's special, but because I seem to keep leaving details unmentioned, trimming action scenes down to single sentences, etc... I really gotta grow out of that...

"Don't you dare call me irrational! You <i>know</i> that makes me <b>CRAZY!!</b>"

F_Cup_Fitzgerald

• Banned User
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2001, 06:49:00 AM »
Well, the writing styles, plus the overwhelming fact that a registered member of the UBB can only have one identity from a given e-mail address. He'd have to be an awfully busy guy, changing ID's all the time, but he'd always have the same member number. Of course, he could post from several different accounts, but it hardly seems worth the trouble. (Does the sentence "I've got a handful of AOL starter kits" ring any bells?) I suppose it's just my anti-LE paranoia at work.

I've actually been accused of being a consortium myself--as a prank, I suppose. . . . (I was offended--I thought my "style" was distinctive. . . .)  

I do miss DonkeyShit. He was a barrel of laughs, unlikely pseudonym and all. He seemed to have put so much time into creating an Avatar, it's a shame he didn't use it more. . . .

JigSaw

• C Cup
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2001, 08:01:00 AM »
I can say without a doubt that I am one person, unless you count the voices in my head. If you do I could be as many as ten, though there could be more.  

Seriously I have to agree with Zorlond our styles of writing and usualy subject matter are different. But if I must be lumped in with a group Im happy to be put in with a good group of writers (even L.E. when he isnt being a bastard is a pretty good writer).

My problem has been writers block and lots of work, I have been very busy and havnt had a lot of free time to read all the storys much less post many of my own.  

Could somebody help me pick up my pieces I seem to be falling apart!

Prophet_Tenebrae

• Breast Prophet
  • Prophet Of Darkness
    • FTF10 - FTF Superblog
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2001, 09:21:00 AM »
I'm greatly saddened that no one posts in the threads I was posting to (namely TH and The High Commander).

I'm playing EQ to compensate, I hope you're happy!  

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2001, 09:37:00 AM »
... though since DVd and L.E. don't have a Plume logon, that restriction doesn't apply to their identities ...
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2001, 09:56:00 AM »
I kind of ran out of gas. Sorry -- I'm trying to find something to feel inspired about contributing to but I think that I've just run out of steam. Also, I think I've explored pretty well every theme I had intended to explore here. (Maybe with one or two exceptions).

What's clearly needed here is new blood. People should find fora for the kind of writing they like and lure people here.

Raoul.

Leviathan

• G Cup
    • www.angelfire.com/ms/LeViAtHaN
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2001, 10:34:00 AM »
quote:
I'm trying to find something to feel inspired about contributing to but I think that I've just run out of steam. Also, I think I've explored pretty well every theme I had intended to explore here.

Been there, done that. I know what you mean. I felt the same way about a year ago. After writing almost non-stop for about 14 months, I had explored about every "fantasex" in my head at least three times over.

I've always felt that there are two types of people who write on the Addventure. One is the person who is discovering it for the first time and is overjoyed to have a "sexual tension outlet". They write voraciously about whatever turns them on for 6 months to a year until they've exhausted themselves, then they just sort of fade away.

The other person who writes longer, perhaps indefinately, is very rare. I'd put somebody like L.E. or JH, who keep coming back time and time again, and who have been writing and building up episodes over a period of not one or two but more like three or four years... and still manage to somehow keep coming back. I'd imagine those people are drawing on some other source besides their "sexual tension", unless they've just got a LOT of it built up inside of them or something. But then I wouldn't really know because I'm in the first group.

Leviathan

F_Cup_Fitzgerald

• Banned User
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2001, 12:40:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Leviathan:
I've always felt that there are two types of people who write on the Addventure. One is the person who is discovering it for the first time and is overjoyed to have a "sexual tension outlet".

Yes, the BEAddventure! Voted "Better Than Hookers for Relieving Sexual Tension" since 1998!  

It's not the burnout I mind, it's having all the really good writers burn out SIMULTANEOUSLY! Jeez, you guys, work out a rota or something. . . .

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: F-Cup Fitzgerald ]

Zorlond

• G Cup
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2001, 02:42:00 AM »
We all burnt out at the same time, huh? Must be something wrong with the cosmos...   Seriously, though, it might have been inevitable, considering the level of co-op threads that have been going around lately. We were all running together, and so we ran out of gas together.

Interesting observations, Leviathan. The AddVenture, better than hookers, and a helluva lot safer too  . Not sure what I draw on, maybe the tension, maybe something else, but I'm in the second group. Here's a scary thought: I've been here five months longer than L.E., four-year anniversary was last month...

"Don't you dare call me irrational! You <i>know</i> that makes me <b>CRAZY!!</b>"

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2001, 06:51:00 PM »
"BTW, it's strange, not to say suspicious, that when Dabbler goes on vacation that JigSaw, Groblek, Zorlond, DejaVoodoo and L.E. all stop posting, isn't it? If you're all the same guy, fess up, I promiss I won't TP the trees in your front yard or soap the windows of your house."

LOL! I think it's just the time of the year. Most people probably have better things to do in August. As for why I keep on writing, I think I have an addictive sort of personality and I'm addicted to addventures (not just this one).

JH

F_Cup_Fitzgerald

• Banned User
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2001, 10:46:00 PM »
 Sorry, JH, didn't mean to exclude you from the list of our best writers. . . .

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2001, 02:56:00 AM »
No offence taken. Your list was of writers who hadn't been posting episodes lately, and since I am still posting I wouldn't have expected to be on the list.
JH

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2001, 11:58:00 AM »
I'm just pleased that I'd be counted among the "best writers"...(even though I don't think I belong to EITHER of the two groups listed above...)

Anyway, even if I WASN'T "on strike", there has really been nothing at all going on lately that I'm even vaguely interested in, plot-wise, character-wise, or universe-wise.  So I wouldn't be adding anything _anyway_.

Mello

"My father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."

F_Cup_Fitzgerald

• Banned User
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2001, 02:22:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Mello:
Anyway, even if I WASN'T "on strike", there has really been nothing at all going on lately that I'm even vaguely interested in, plot-wise, character-wise, or universe-wise.  So I wouldn't be adding anything _anyway_.

Well, you ARE included as a character in #155835 and #156642. And you have a speaking part in #169497. I tried to keep you in character.