Re: D&D
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2002, 07:42:00 AM »
RIFTS isnt all about instant death (at least not with me)and I to put a lot of myself into my characters it takes a little while to relax into my character but it happens and when he/she dies I feel bad for them but I still get another paper and roll up a new one. In rifts character generation is as detailed as you get right down to what phobias and fears your character has. And trust me you almost get angry when your rifts guy dies.
As for the techno bable sorry a habit of mine to speak/write passionately about things I enjoy.  

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2002, 09:58:00 AM »
ok splicer when you get your books why not tell me and Meiou what paladin order you want to be in and what god your paladin is under.

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2002, 01:05:00 AM »
10-4 I will let you know.

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2002, 10:58:00 AM »
hey zorland i need to know if you want me to pick your god or goddess for your charecter

Zorlond

• G Cup
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2002, 02:04:00 PM »
Go ahead.
"Don't you dare call me irrational! You <i>know</i> that makes me <b>CRAZY!!</b>"

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2002, 05:09:00 PM »
anyone else wish to play were still looking for people to play. Just let me know

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2002, 11:43:00 PM »
Mello I was here when the thread was posted.
3rd editionrules are a D20 systen no more messin round with %tile dice a little weird but a welcome change to the old incomprehensible system.

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2002, 10:06:00 AM »
yeah i know. just waiting for somone else to tell me their charecter so i can make it

Kyrion

• D Cup
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2002, 12:23:00 AM »
Afraid I'll have to count myself out for now. None of the times I've heard so far would work for me. Would it be possible for me to lurk? I'd like the chance to get involved later.

If I could offer a bit of friendly advice, though—and when can I resist that?—it would be not to throw out the idea of a D&D-ized Numan just yet, Mello.

A new PC race is, of course, each DM's prerogative to allow in his campaign or not. Your approach of modifying the elven race seems to me as if it could produce a well-balanced result. Apologies for the focus on game mechanics; it's unavoidable.

Specifically, claws as "natural weapons" (rules for which are on page 7 of the Monster Manual) doing 1d4 damage each would be about as useful as a longsword or rapier at low levels. They would rapidly fall behind after level 5, since, unless the DM makes a house rule, they do not gain additional attacks and can only become +1 magic weapons. (Player's Handbook, p.234) Like the Elf's free proficiency with either the rapier or the longsword, this would be most helpful to someone other than a front-line fighter. I'd call it a fair trade.

Most of the other Elven abilities make sense for a feline race, and those that don't (detect secret doors, immunity to **82** spells, saving throw bonuses, and perhaps proficiency with bows) leave plenty of room for some more flavorful racial abilities. Perhaps tracking by scent, a talent for hiding and moving silently, a bite-and-pounce attack, or hind claws and a rake attack. But not all of the above.

As for their appropriateness in a D&D campaign, can't most ideas from space opera be converted to high fantasy just by changing the word "technology" to "magic?"   From what I've seen online, the Numan are genetically engineered catgirls. Mercedes Lackey's Mage Winds books, for example, features a magically engineered catgirl who starts off fighting with tooth and claw and ends up with a magic sword. Another alternative might be to put the rest of them far, far away; jaguar-men from Maztica, perhaps, or tiger-men from Kara-Tur. Lots of people on Toril assume that anything they haven't seen before is an Evil Monster, which was how the first few Numans were treated too.

Whether you use the idea or not, have fun.  

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: Ton Kyrion ]

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2002, 05:15:00 AM »
well its rather a good idea a race few really know about thats seen alot in Toril is the Shadow their a race of humans supposedly changed by being on the plane of shadow too long or something like that would have to do a little back readin in a forgotten realms book,anyway their ability to use the shadow weave is better than anyone elses so im guessing theyd be highly profiecnt in the shadow adept class.

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2002, 06:54:00 PM »
Man I am soooo confused…

It seems as if three different discussions going on at once…

But let me ask this:
1.   It seems as if an actual D&D 3rd edition game could happen, but who’s running it.
2. And how?
a.   By e-mail
b.   At this forum
c.   Some crazy web program
d.   Chat room
3.   If it’s a go is there still room?

Last if people are still serious about this would it be possible to incorporate the voice programs used to talk over the net. Does anyone know anything about computer conferencing? I’ve seen ads for headsets that allow you to communicate with your buddies on a multi-player game, but do they work?

Breasts grow - that's BE... what happens after that is irrelevant.
--Prophet Tenebrae---

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2002, 08:35:00 AM »
ok ill explain this since you didnt catch it on the first page.
1. Meiou Bunny is running it and its Forgotten Realms campaign setting.
2.by aim chatroom so we can use dice. the dice command for the chat is
//roll-dice??-sides?? the ?? stands for the numbers you want to use
3.yes we have a paladin and a wizard theres still plenty of room

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2002, 06:54:00 PM »
So sorry... I saw the mention of a chat room but I didn't realise it was a done thing...

Now all some body has to do is explain the aim chat room and where I go to get the software...

--Prophet Tenebrae---

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2002, 12:19:00 PM »
well here ill give you the site  http://www.aim.com/index.adp?promo=208884&aolperm=h

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2002, 05:25:00 PM »
I don't have the time to check it all out right now but thanks, Mystic Skunk.

But after my 30 sec scan over it seems to be AOL instant messages. This service doesn't need you to be a member does it? (I don't think so.)

But it sounds really a good idea. Now all I need is the layout of propper eddicate.

And ps will we have a AOL-email-newsgroup as to post files, maps and stuff?

And PS/PS this is really REALLY exciting...

Nuff said...

--Prophet Tenebrae---