• G Cup
    • www.angelfire.com/ms/LeViAtHaN
Kung Pow?
« on: January 28, 2002, 01:58:00 AM »
Have you guys seen Kung Pow yet?
Leviathan

Re: Kung Pow?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2002, 07:03:00 PM »
nope... but I have seen Brotherhood of the Wolf...

Awsuume^^^movie... Hotties in corsets...

YUM!

Breasts grow - that's BE... what happens after that is irrelevant.
--Prophet Tenebrae---

Kanodin

• Banned User
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2002, 01:00:00 AM »
Corsets?

Wait... is that in Brotherhood of the Wolf or Enter the Fist?

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Kanodin ]

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2002, 12:58:00 PM »
I usually like bad movies, but expect nothing good in Enter THe Fist .. not even corsett hotties ...

-Munch "If you can't sell spoiled food in a restuarant, then bad movies should not be allowed in the theaters" Wolf

Leviathan

• G Cup
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2002, 02:49:00 PM »
Hmm... I'm a little dissapointed in the replies, but oh well. I guess I'll finish what I should have posted to begin with.

I saw Kung Pow this weekend, and yes, it was the absolute worst movie I have ever seen. It was worse than Wing Commander, than Street Fighter, than Kull the Conquerer, than Blair Witch.... you're starting to get the idea? We're talking so bad that there are points where you're sitting there watching the movie, wondering if it could possibly get any worse. Leaning over to the stranger next to you and whispering, "This sucks, doesn't it?"

However, for some reason, that's the whole reason I liked it. I've even got friends who have gone back to see it twice, and brought more friends just to see their reactions. This is the kind of movie that will make your hurt with laughter just because it's so bad.

Maybe I'm the weird one here, but movies like this only come around once a few years. I think it will be another cult classic, like Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail. Say what you will, but I think you guys should go watch it. And look for the "uni-boob" girl to show up.

Leviathan

Prophet_Tenebrae

• Breast Prophet
  • Prophet Of Darkness
    • FTF10 - FTF Superblog
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2002, 07:53:00 PM »
Is it "Deep Rising" bad? Is it "Species 2" bad? Is it...*dramatic pause* as bad as "Soldier"?

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2002, 01:32:00 AM »
Is it Fantasy Mission Force bad?

-Munch "Nothing is Fantasy Mission Force bad" Wolf

Fret Pearson

• E Cup
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2002, 03:51:00 AM »
Okay, you guys have obviously never rented "Howling: New Moon Rising" in a **93** stupor hoping for hottie werewolf lesbian action, only to have your VCR explode and your TV jump out the 4th floor window because the movie sucks so bad.  

I believe the correct phrase is, "it sucks the farts out of dead cats."

Fret

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2002, 06:40:00 AM »
Hey!      @!#$%^&*()__)(&*&^%$%#$#$

I Liked Soldier! (Unless you were thinking of Universal Soldier...now that was weak.)

Breasts grow - that's BE... what happens after that is irrelevant.
--Prophet Tenebrae---

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2002, 11:01:00 AM »
Soldier was okay... I like the fact that it was supposed to be parallel to Blade Runner mostly.

Universal Soldier was neat... (not the sequel though, that sucked) I mean, it's got zombie cyborgs in it.  

Leviathan

• G Cup
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2002, 12:06:00 PM »
I admit that I actually enjoyed Soldier. At the same time I admit it wasn't a great movie, or even a _good_ movie by today's standards. However, I don't think it should be relegated to that empty place that so so many truly awful movies are placed.
Leviathan

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2002, 12:28:00 PM »
I've always thought that the next most enjoyable thing to a really good movie is a really bad movie.
JH

Prophet_Tenebrae

• Breast Prophet
  • Prophet Of Darkness
    • FTF10 - FTF Superblog
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2002, 01:31:00 AM »
Heretics! The fact Soldier had Kurt Russel in it was a bit of a give away. The fact it was in the Blade Runner universe was cool but the film still sucked ass.

Species 2 was worse though.

Of course for the definitive bad movies we should consult the Bible - no, not an irrelevant 2000+ year Christian text: www.badmovies.org

Some movies there can never be made good - no matter what drugs cocktail you've taken before watching them.

But remember [censored] - winners don't do drugs.

Chuck

• E Cup
  • Bow down.
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2002, 01:38:00 AM »
I like bad movies that are either fun to watch, or fun to discuss afterwards. For example, I own Battlefield Earth on DVD.

The worst movies are the ones that aren't fun. They aren't bad in a "Plan 9" way or a "Battlefield Earth" way or an "Island of Dr. Moreau" way (where you can say 'what were they thinking' and laugh), but rather are bad in a way that makes you say 'I hope to God I never have to sit through anything like that again.'

My example is "Batman and Robin", which is the only movie I have ever came close to walking out of.

-Chuckster
P.S. To the person who said the Bible is irrelevant: let's see how your life holds up after 2000 years. Ciao!

Leviathan

• G Cup
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2002, 02:19:00 PM »
The only movie I ever wanted to walk out of was Blair Witch Project. My friends had hyped it up as a sick joke in order to get a a lot of people to go see it.

I agree that some bad movies can actually be really fun to talk about & laugh at.

Probably the worst movie that I have ever seen with some (psycho) redeeming value was Twilight of the Cockroaches. It's one of those cartoons spliced into real life vidoes. It's sort of a "bug's life" except with cockroaches instead of ants. All the scenery is of kitchen floors, toilets, sinks, etc... It tries to parrallel the "struggling and ultimately meaningless lives" of the cockroaches to humans. It all comes to an end when the cockraoches, who are about to be fumigated, decide to put up a futile, desperate struggle against the humans, culminating in the "elder" roach flying across the room and getting swatted against the wall.

It's weird, boring as hell, and a little disgusting. But if you try to get past the fact that it's cartoon, and it's roaches (!), then it tells a pretty good story.

Leviathan