Leviathan

• G Cup
    • www.angelfire.com/ms/LeViAtHaN
Re: Kung Pow?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2002, 10:42:00 PM »
I see what you are saying. Despite what the critics say, it's rare that you see a movie that was so bad you didn't want to watch it. People _want_ to be entertained, and for those who like the escapism/fantasy that movies provide, it's hard not to enjoy them.

I agree with your summation of Star Wars. But it's funny, I was only a bit dissapointed in it after I started hearing all the other people who were dissapointed. I wonder if my dissapointment stems from "brainwashing" or whether I made up my own mind about that movie.

I still maintain, though, that Blair Witch was the worst movie I ever paid money to see. Jeepers Creepers would come in second.

Leviathan

JigSaw

• C Cup
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2002, 05:57:00 AM »
Star Wars I was a dissapointment but I don't think i would call it a bad movie. It was nearly imposible for it to live up to the hype.

Blair Witch I thought was okay (yes a little silly and very over acted) up until the very end when it went from a so so movie to a real turd. The ending of the movie was completly retarted. One of the truely bad movies. Thumbs way down.

But the worst movie I paid money for and wanted to strangle someone over was  Highlander II (The Quickning). They took the idea from the original movie, a very good movie, and put it on its ear and flushed it. I can never remember being more displeased with a movie. Now they did put out a recut version that was much improved but it would be unable to crawl its way out of the gutter.

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: JigSaw ]

Could somebody help me pick up my pieces I seem to be falling apart!

Leviathan

• G Cup
    • www.angelfire.com/ms/LeViAtHaN
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2002, 01:32:00 AM »
whoa, hey you just reminded me. Did you go and see the newer Highlander movie with Adrian Paul & Chris. L. together? I had such _high_ hopes for that movie, and I can't ever remember coming out of a movie theatre so depressed in my life! ARGGG!!!!
Leviathan

JigSaw

• C Cup
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2002, 02:51:00 PM »
The second Highlander movie made me so sick that I waited to see all the others on vidio or cable. The others I would call one star movies, only the second would I rank as a bomb (a big old stink bomb).
Could somebody help me pick up my pieces I seem to be falling apart!

Chuck

• E Cup
  • Bow down.
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 09:47:53 PM »
...and you were right, Kung Pow is now a cult classic. I have it on DVD and watch it every once in awhile. Funny.

Odenkirk went on to write for Simpsons.