Rafe

• Coito Ergo Sum
    • Digital Discipline
News of Zasha - 1970 to 2004
« on: April 13, 2004, 04:47:45 PM »
[this is from W / iSpork - I wanted to let everyone know]

Hello -

It has taken some time for me to collect addresses and write this email, so you will have to forgive me if it seems disjointed.  I am not much of an editor.

As you have probably surmised by the subject line of this email, I am bearing the worst news that can be imagined.

There is no good way to say it, so I will just get to it.  Zasha and her favorite motorcycle were struck by a severely intoxicated motorist on the freeway just east of Houston, Texas, on our way home from Bike Week in Florida.  She passed away in the ambulance, five miles from the wreck.

I have only now looked at her computer (I was forced to spend some time with Houston law enforcement due to my response to the other motorist, who, previous to my response, was uninjured), and have tried to make a list of those that she corresponded with on a personal and private level from the addresses listed in her "internet friends" list.  I have no way of knowing how many other friends online she has.

I know that she had developed friendships with many folks on line; and that she grew to care about many of you a great deal, perhaps more than a person is usually likely to.  But that was who she was.

I feel that I owe it to those of you that she considered her friends, that at least you know why you haven't heard from her.  I cannot tell you how much I wish there was another reason.

I thought that day was the worst in my life - I was wrong.  The following days have been and continue to be by far much more difficult.  She was and remains my one and only true love, the love of my life, my one and only wife.  There is no other with her grace, wit and charms.

Thank you for being her friends, and by extension, my friends.

ZK - 1970-2004

*sniffle*
<i>
Prince of Darkness seeks Willing Wench.
Flexible hours, shoddy pay.
Should possess improbable bustline and liquor store.</i>

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
  • Morphs are updated each week!
    • Zorro" Zorromorphs @ Shutterfly
Re: News of Z (bad)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 04:54:30 PM »
My condolences to you and your family on your terrible loss.

Thank you for letting me, along with all the others here at the BEA know this most saddening news. My prayers are with you and Zasha.

Zorro  
WHEN STARTING OR ANSWERING THREADS/POSTS, LINKS ARE SHOWN TO PROVIDE SOURCE INFORMATION INSTEAD OF JUST COPYING/PASTING PERSONAL OPINIONS.

RandomX

• ZZZ Cup
    • www.overflowingforum.com
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 04:55:54 PM »
*crying over here*

....I am so sorry iSpork. I wish I knew what to say. Though I never really knew Zasha well on here, I always hoped to. Its hard to think we'll never have a chance.
I wish you the best coping and living without her, though I'm sure she's watching over you...if there's anything I could possibly do to make it easier, dont hesitate to ask. ([email protected]).

*just stares ahead stunned*

Thank you for posting the email Rafe...
100% real woman, with notarized documents and witnesses to back this claim up.

zuraklo

• D Cup
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 04:56:04 PM »
horrible news, my best wishes are with every 1, her friends and family  

Catch

• Z Cup
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 05:02:48 PM »
I can't believe it. Thanks for letting us know, Rafe.

Zasha had been as true a friend as any that I've ever had. She was a tremendous help with my real estate challenges and in general. iSpork has my deepest concerns and prayers for his loss.

A brillant light is gone from our community and the net is  little dimmer with her passing.
Godspeed Zasha  
If only...

Kyrion

• D Cup
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »
What a tragedy. May you find comfort for your grief.

Dick_Woods

• X Cup
    • http://www.unlearnnow.com
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 06:22:13 PM »
.....don't know what to say......love you two....anything we can do ISpork.....Damnit  

GizmoWidget

• P Cup
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 06:44:19 PM »
How can words do justice to this kind of senseless tragedy that has taken someone so cool, nice, genuine... etc. etc. etc.  There's no point in trying to say much more about Z since words are insufficient...

All I can say is that I'm really, really saddened to hear this news.  We were fellow Mac-heads and I respected and liked Z.  We had many good conversations on here about all nature of things.

I send my condolences to Spork... I can only imagine the loss he must be experiencing.  I know that if I were ever to lose my wife so senselessly, so callously, my world would be totally shattered too.

Let's all hope that she knows our love and respect for her are still there, and that we'll miss her greatly.  Let's hope that she's gone to a better place than this world, and in that place she's found peace.

Put Buck O'Neal in the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame!!!

Pixeltiger

• G Cup
    • www.diveinthedark.com
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2004, 07:00:37 PM »
I am speechless. What a terrible loss of a fantastic lady. iSpork my sincere condolences.

Pixeltiger  

BillN

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2004, 07:16:06 PM »
Please tell me they threw the book at the bastard that did it.

God Bless.

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2004, 07:17:02 PM »
Like Rafe, I received the same email and of course my first hope was that this was some kind of sick joke. Unbelievably, this doesn't seem to be the case, and I am both devestated and outraged at the senseless loss of our dear sweet, bright and charmingly honest friend. Everyone who was fortunate to have had a chance to know her, even casually, was surely blessed to have had the opportunity, however brief. Along with everyone else here, let me express to W my deepest sympathies.  

Scotchman

• G Cup
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2004, 07:26:08 PM »
I'm so sorry iSpork.
"Every time you eat a steak, a hippy's hacky-sack goes in the gutter."
~ Patton Oswalt

100ProofBE

• G Cup
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2004, 07:44:26 PM »
Wow... just wow. I'm speechless.

We've lost a dear friend. My sincerest condolensces to Z's family and those close to her.

Proof out.

Bostonian

• F Cup
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2004, 07:54:20 PM »
This is terrible. I sincerly hope someone is held responsible for this senseless act.

I never knew Zasha, but always appreciated her comments and insight on these forums. I am very saddened in knowing that such a person whom we've all come to know, at least in passing, will no longer grace us with her presence.

Ispork, if you ever get around to reading this. We all offer our condolences, and I hope that in some way we can ease your pain.  
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius

Saint_Weapon

• E Cup
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2004, 08:00:34 PM »
I didn't know Zasha, and now I never will. I'm shocked, and not sure what to say except my condolences.