Ricky

• D Cup
Re: Poser Pumpkins
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2001, 09:47:00 AM »
Mighty Lingster,

Beautiful work on BustyAsianRender and Showoff! As always, I like your settings. This time, the blue-and-white tiled bathroom brings out the voluptuous muscularity of your two models, and lends the scene a daily-life realism that makes your imagery more than just eye candy.

May I ask, did you build or assemble the bathroom yourself? I've downloaded a few bathroom objects from Renderosity, but the sink's and toilet's normals were turned inside out, so they didn't render properly. There's Sager's "Bathroom Construction Kit" in the Marketplace, but there's no mention of Poser, so no posability, and no textures are supplied either.

As for my issue with the size of Voluptuous Vicki's nipples, a Renderosity user named Jaager clued me into Mr. X's Morph Manager application. Long story short, I copied the left and right collar's NippleBig morph targets from V2 to VV2, and voila!

Speaking of Mr. X, are you all familiar with his illustrated SuperHeroine stories? He's done a huge body of lovingly-rendered erotica with Poser, with the latest ones using Vicki. Here's the site: http://www.superheroinecentral.com/mrx/xpage/xblm.htm

- Ricky

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2001, 01:10:00 AM »
I assembled it myself--look in my gallery on Renderosity, all components are listed.  I am familiar with Mr. X.  Also, you realize that you do not have to use the VV2 MODEL, right?  If you check your props category, you should find the VV2 magnets, which you can apply to any Victoria model.  

jayjay88

• L Cup
    • none
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2001, 05:04:00 PM »
Once again......great work guys!!
Loved the Santa babes, PE!

Keep 'em comin'.........jayjay

jayjay......
Once a bOOb man, always a BooB man...!

prinz

• Z Cup
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2001, 06:14:00 PM »
Thanks JJ much apreciated! He's right RJ...take Victoria 2.0 load Voluptious Viki magnet ..poof you have a dead ringer for VV with all of Victoria 2.0 morph targets still there!! Some of the Victoria 2.0 bodys can even work on Possette.. that Santa Babe of Possette has a Victoria 2.0 super model body...one click fixed those hips! cheers PE

Ricky

• D Cup
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2001, 08:26:00 PM »
I took your advice, Mighty Lingster, and visited your gallery on Renderosity. Besides the stunning visuals, I was struck by the consistently positive reactions you get from the non-BE crowd there, even if they kid you a bit about your models' bust weight. You certainly deserve the praise they heap on you there.

And thanks to both you and Prinz Eugen for the advice about combining the best of Vicki2 and Voluptuous Vicki2. I'll give it a try, since it has worked for both of you, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can from the experts here.

- Ricky

Ricky

• D Cup
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2001, 03:51:00 AM »
PC_Master,

When you posted your Grand Tetonesque PC_003C image, you asked "Same model I always use just bigger. How big can she go?"

I wonder that myself, since Poser allows us to morph things to the limit of credibility, and beyond. But judging from the range of sizes I see in the BEA galleries every day, your question seems to be one that many members of the audience ask themselves as well.

In my experience though, once the breasts head south of the girl's hips, the appeal factor drops off rapidly. IMHO, it's because we lose the sense of scale when only a pair of shapely legs are visible behind her super-sized tits.

So, the size you show is about as big as I usually go (though a guy can dream, right?). And I certainly enjoy a fellow Poser BE artist re-using and playing with a favorite model: I do that a lot myself. There's such a thing as loyalty, after all!

Also, Mighty Lingster, I think you should cross-post your charming "Marriage in Ancient Times" image to the BEA gallery. I'm sure everyone here will enjoy seeing it (and chuckling about it) as much as I do. What do you say?

- Ricky

StudioZ

• C Cup
    • none
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2001, 08:49:00 AM »
Great stuff here !!!

I am hoping to experiment with the Vik/Vic/VV/Daz/etc
(not sure of any of it yet) stuff pretty soon.
I am still pretty  low tech in the poser world.
For recent posting I have used the following;

Starting point-P4 nude female w/fixed bottom
(forget where the fixed bottom part came from).

Breasts-some magnets I made.  One magnet per breast.
The problem I am having is that if I go to large in scale
I start getting sharp polygon edges (visible in almost all
images I have posted).

Hair-from http://www.digitalbabes2.com
the best hair I have found
modified the trans maps and colors

Skin-from Anton Kisiel [email protected]
modified by adding some noise (helps make skin look more 'skinish')
modified colors, pubic regions, and aureola.

Shoes-from ?? I think it was PhilC but I checked there today
and no shoes.  Anyway I got them somewhere as wavefront obj
files (it took me forever to get them fitted).  I need to find some
other tall clunky platform heels that easily conform.

Body-Mainly is random scaling of body parts
but I do use morph targets for the abs I got from http://mercury.spaceports.com/~traveler

Processing-As much as possible in Poser.  I do use an Adobe Photoshop
plugin to add  'vertical grain noise'.  This does two things, it makes the
poser rendering a little more 'contrasty' and is just something that helps
identify any rendering I make (a style) and of course compression.  Occasionally
i will touch up a few things like sharp edges in using photoshop (I hope to get rid
of them in poser).

Thanks for the compliments of my meager work.
I thouroughly enjoy everone else's !

SZGreat stuff here !!!

I am hoping to experiment with the Vik/Vic/VV/Daz/etc
(not sure of any of it yet) stuff pretty soon.
I am still pretty  low tech in the poser world.
For recent posting I have used the following;

Starting point-P4 nude female w/fixed bottom
(forget where the fixed bottom part came from).

Breasts-some magnets I made.  One magnet per breast.
The problem I am having is that if I go to large in scale
I start getting sharp polygon edges (visible in almost all
images I have posted).

Hair-from http://www.digitalbabes2.com
the best hair I have found
modified the trans maps and colors

Skin-from Anton Kisiel [email protected]
modified by adding some noise (helps make skin look more 'skinish')
modified colors, pubic regions, and aureola.

Shoes-from ?? I think it was PhilC but I checked there today
and no shoes.  Anyway I got them somewhere as wavefront obj
files (it took me forever to get them fitted).  I need to find some
other tall clunky platform heels that easily conform.

Body-Mainly is random scaling of body parts
but I do use morph targets for the abs I got from http://mercury.spaceports.com/~traveler

Processing-As much as possible in Poser.  I do use an Adobe Photoshop
plugin to add  'vertical grain noise'.  This does two things, it makes the
poser rendering a little more 'contrasty' and is just something that helps
identify any rendering I make (a style) and of course compression.  Occasionally
i will touch up a few things like sharp edges in using photoshop (I hope to get rid
of them in poser).

Thanks for the compliments of my meager work.
I thouroughly enjoy everone else's !

SZ

Ricky

• D Cup
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2001, 05:37:00 PM »
StudioZ,

Thanks for posting all of the details and sources for your straightforward-but-powerful images. I think you'll enjoy making the jump to Vicki - I know you won't miss Posette's sharp polygon edges as you spin Voluptuous Vicki's BE dials.

But I can't believe you used the term "pretty low tech" to describe your work. You're being WAY too hard on yourself. It's true that you're still using Posette, but it's also true that your g1test.avi and g2test.avi are the best examples of BE Poser animation I've ever seen. I'm sure Shadowcom agrees with me, since he hopes that you'll offer CDs like Matrix's groundbreaking 3rd-Art. I would love to see you re-do them someday, with Vicki and her colleagues.

Mighty Lingster,

Thanks for posting your marvelous "Marriage in Ancient Times" render over here at the BEA. The only drawback is that its perfection of feminine pulchritude and Norman-Rockwellian textures, lighting, and humor make it hard for me to justify posting any more of my own relatively-primitive work. I'm still working on assembling a simple bathroom setting for my Voluptuous Milena figure.

I shouldn't do this, but I can't help it. ML, would you be willing to re-render your "Marriage..." image especially for us at BEA, after giving your beautiful, self-confident bride a bit more "oomph" in the chest department? I hope it would not be too difficult, though it may depend on whether her delicately-textured dress cooperates or not, and on whether you're interested in such an idea.

- Ricky

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2001, 05:40:00 PM »
I didn't keep the PZ3 file--that render was just a goof that turned out well.  

prinz

• Z Cup
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2001, 05:53:00 PM »
Great to hear from you Z. Your getting great milage out of P4.. As you have discovered she gets polgonal real fast when you push a morph target to far.. It has something to do with how texture maps wrap around her..Daz's Victoria line of posers have better hierarchy files built in..they handle morph targets better than a standard p4s.. you tend to get smoother renders with less clean up in photoshop.. I use standard textures either ones Ive purchased or in the free section at renderosity.. Daz's stuff isnt cheap but you do get what you paid for.. next texture im buying will be the "Asia" texture or "Noah"  those two are the gold standard for Victoria.. Im going to download the 30 day trial of bryce soon.. Looking forward to seeing more of your posers! cheers PE

Ricky

• D Cup
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2001, 06:20:00 PM »
Mighty Lingster,

I'm saddened to hear that the source PZ3 file for your Marriage rendering has been lost. You may think I'm a flattering sycophant, but I think that's a real loss for the world of BE 3D art. Not on the scale of the Colossus of Rhodes, of course, but still...

This may sound strange, but would you mind if I do a PhotoShop BE morph of Marriage and post it here, giving you the original credit, of course? I'm testing the idea now, and I believe it will serve as homage to your original inspiration, rather than an insult. If you prefer, I could send it to you for your perusal. Only with your okay will I post it.

Prinz Eugen,

I'm with you, bud. The Asia and Naomi textures look incredible on the Marketplace, don't they? And after seeing what ML has done with the Yuma texture, I'm tempted to buy her too.

I'm afraid Poser and Renderosity are starting to put some really nasty scorch marks on my VISA card!

- Ricky

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2001, 07:11:00 PM »
Morph away.

Ricky

• D Cup
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2001, 04:35:00 AM »
Mighty Lingster,

Thanks for permission to morph your Ancient Marriage. A little harmless fun, as it turned out. I'm looking forward to more of your beautifully-rendered work.

Prinz Eugen,

Very cool geisha girl! The lighting is cool, too, and ties everything together nicely. My only criticism is that the rose's green color/texture looks fake, especially in contrast with the dappled, natural coloring of her skin, the fan, the umbrella, and the carpet. Just my $0.02.

Of course, I'm a fine one to criticize, aren't I? I haven't posted any original work here in awhile.

Also, I see that DAZ's Michael 2.0 is out now, and I'm thinking about buying him. Anyone here into Poser PE as well as BE? Can PE be done with Michael with built-in morph targets, or should I buy WyrmMaster's Massive Mike, or...?

- Ricky

prinz

• Z Cup
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2001, 06:52:00 AM »
I agree about the rose, it was a free prop,,i should of modified it in photoshop.. Yes I see Michael 2.0 is out.. I will proably get him too... I dont have Massive Mike so I really dont know.. Been thinking of getting Michael for awhile now...cheers PE

jayjay88

• L Cup
    • none
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2001, 07:50:00 AM »
love your gisha, PE...subtle lighting and coloration...jayjay
jayjay......
Once a bOOb man, always a BooB man...!