to all Flash Experts
« on: January 28, 2002, 06:15:00 AM »
Here’s the low down…

I was thinking that it sure would be great to create some animated BE scenes using Macromedia Flash Player…

I was quite impressed with The Bust Artists cool new Navi girl…

But now after dropping 400++$$$ I wonder if I’m over my head.

For anyone who has used it can you give me a little insight on how this program works?

many thanks...

Breasts grow - that's BE... what happens after that is irrelevant.
--Prophet Tenebrae---

Byz

• E Cup
Re: to all Flash Experts
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2002, 12:02:00 PM »
Hey Blake.

There are few people in this world that can truly be called Flash experts. I'm always using the program professionally and there's always something new that pops up. If you're animating with the program, you need a basic knowledge of traditional animation techniques. If you're creating web presentations, you need a knowledge of internet publication. If you're using it for broadcast, you have to have a working knowledge of television issues.

This program is incredibly diverse. The best place to go for help is Flashkit, and get a book or two on the program.

Hope this helps,

Byz

mrmethane

• D Cup
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2002, 02:43:00 PM »
Byzogiz,
Thanks for the tip on Flashkit. Like Blake, I'm trying to animate some still pics and am going nuts with motion tweening! If I set up the animation there is no smooth action that simulates growth, just a pop to the final frame. I've tried motion tweening and shape tweening with the same results. Do I have to make the breasts a separate object to show the movement?
Hey Blake, does this thing make you crazy or what? It does me.

MM

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2002, 07:01:00 PM »
Hey Mr Methane,

I will learn how to use this program.
But heck it be stupid to do this alone. If you want send me an e-mail at [email protected]...

--Prophet Tenebrae---

Imaginos

• Former BEA Webmaster
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2002, 08:10:00 PM »
Let me find some links late tonight and i will post them.

They are "how to flash" links

Imaginos

Kanodin

• Banned User
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2002, 12:56:00 AM »
If you need any help with programming recursion, assembly language, IC circuit logic, or distilled algorithms (native language is c++; thats before English  ), come over here and chat... otherwise, go away; you will end up diffusing your skills to me for my lack of any visual artistic talent.    

[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: Kanodin ]

Imaginos

• Former BEA Webmaster

Aussie_Air

• C Cup
    • Coming Soon
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2002, 04:05:00 AM »
Great to see people getting into the wonderfull world of flash

Blake: just keep trying and you will get there. Best of luck to you

Mr Methane: i think it is better to have as many seperate parts as you can and animate them with motion tween. and yes flash make you go crazy  

Imaginos: i was just wondering why you have not decided to make a flash web page? it is a great tool if used well.

And heres a cool little link http://www.shockanime.com/tutorials/
they have some neat stuff and their animation is THE BEST (if a little gory). Check it out.

Aussie Air

"Huh. Radio...whats going on with that radio"
Harry, Silent Hill

"Do not feed the animal cos its stone dead!"

Byz

• E Cup
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2002, 02:30:00 PM »
Flashers,

It all depends on what you're trying to tween. If it was created in photoshop, Flash can't tween it. If It was created in Flash, or another vector program, Flash will have no problem. For BE (of a Flash object), you'd probably look at 'shape tweening' (found in the frame properties).

Hope this helps,

Byz

mrmethane

• D Cup
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2002, 04:07:00 PM »
So should I import the images to Imageready? Would that fix the tweening problem? Or should I just dissect all of the moving parts and create a different object for each piece? I'm looking at Dr. Quatro's animations of Izerman's art(if you're familiar with his stuff) and trying to do similar things with photographs.

Byz

• E Cup
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2002, 11:21:00 AM »
Mr. Meth,

Dr. Q didn't use Flash. It looks like he used some sort of morph program. For scanned in images, I suggest you use the program he uses (not sure what...) Post an image with your next message; maybe I can help you more. Once again, Flash doesn't tween raster/bitmaped images. It tweens vector/eps images. Vectors can be built in programs like Flash, Illustrator, or Freehand. Post a picture of what your trying to animate here and I may be able to help you more.

Byz

mrmethane

• D Cup
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2002, 02:09:00 PM »
Byz,
I just use source JPEGs from the net like most morphers do. Nothing fancy, just pick any one from the gallery and that's an example. I tried converting with Streamline but it just leaves the pencil outline, no color. The response I got at Flashkit was "it can't be done" but I think we've all seen examples on the web of animated stuff that started as a JPEG. They claim it must be drawn!
By the way, thanks for jumping in to help!
Hey Blake, are you just sitting back shaking your head? Or is this all too familiar to you.

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2002, 06:37:00 PM »
Nope...just slack...

I think I shall install the program right now...

--Prophet Tenebrae---

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2002, 09:00:00 PM »
WOW! Is this program fun to use...

I've just pondered over some of the help lessions and I LIKe IT.

Now what I'm gonna try to do is set up some kinda frame by using layers and maybe draw a nice womans butt..

Lets just hope my mind's eyes not bigger than my ability...

--Prophet Tenebrae---

mrmethane

• D Cup
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2002, 09:51:00 PM »
Show off!