solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
Re: We Are All So Adult Now - but Remember When We Weren't
« Reply #255 on: September 16, 2015, 09:49:49 PM »
Anyone remember what this is?

That is a push button automatic transmission from the 1960's used in various Chrysler products of the time. My maternal grandfather had a Chrysler Imperial with that similar set up. I remember thinking what a gigantic car it was.

SwitcherX

• Legend
« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2015, 08:32:34 PM »
I remember riding my bike to the gas station when I was 5 for cigarettes for whatever adult asked me to get them.

Now I think it's a class X felony with 10 years automatic to sell them to a minor.   :-\
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister

"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2015, 10:58:08 PM »
I remember riding my bike to the gas station when I was 5 for cigarettes for whatever adult asked me to get them.

Now I think it's a class X felony with 10 years automatic to sell them to a minor.   :-\

I remember buying glue for  my model kits when I was a k1d and then one day the lady on the counter told me I could not buy it. This was like late 1970. I asked her why not and she gave me that look of  " Ya gotta be kidding " and she rolled her eyes and she told me I needed my father to get it.  When I was a k1d from the time I was four I had a Mechano set and I bought a lot of Revell model kits and I was 14 when the lady wouldn't sell it to me. Yup, I was very naïve as I had no idea k1ds sniffed glue to get high. It never crossed my mind. I just wanted to build that Gearing class US Navy destroyer model kit.  I found it humiliating to ask my dad to do something I had been doing on my own since I was four so I lost interest in model kits. After my parents divorce soon afterwards, there was no more money for luxuries so I just did without.

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #258 on: September 18, 2015, 02:05:17 AM »
I bought a lot of Revell model kits
I used to cycle to a small local convenience store that had not only Revell but Airfix on the back wall. Happy days.
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

KBTs

• B Cup
« Reply #259 on: September 20, 2015, 12:45:21 PM »
About the time the solvent-smelling orange-top tube of Testor's model cement became a crime, a blue-topped lemon-scented tube appeared that was legal.  While it smelled better, it did not work worth a damn: the active principle was gone and it required far more clamping time, making it useless on small or awkward parts.  I was as "naive" as Sol in that I neither liked the smell nor knew anyone could, or would be stupid enough to, get high on the stuff as it literally made me sick to work on my models for too long.  A small Revell model was $2.10 ($2.00 + 5% sales tax) and I could earn that by recycling 8 2-quart glass soda bottles at the local supermarket for a quarter each, and I usually had a dime or two around.  Now the models are closer to $10 with 10% tax and there is no bounty for glass.

gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
« Reply #260 on: September 21, 2015, 09:17:00 PM »
 ::)
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

Shara

• Cup Runneth O'er
  • version 1.337
« Reply #261 on: September 24, 2015, 05:01:13 PM »
I refer to the mighty long gone year of 2007 when I say: STEAMED MEERKATS AND PANCAKES
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers

Robin_K2

• A Cup
« Reply #262 on: September 24, 2015, 06:59:45 PM »
About the time the solvent-smelling orange-top tube of Testor's model cement became a crime, a blue-topped lemon-scented tube appeared that was legal. 

Having gone through three U.S.S. Enterprise models in short order (those damn breakable struts! ) I verify this remembrance. The earlier glue also could make polystyrene malleable -- good for showing gouges from Klingon or Romulan blasts!

gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
« Reply #263 on: October 06, 2015, 11:18:11 AM »
 :)

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #264 on: October 06, 2015, 11:29:39 AM »

" Well, would you believe ... "  ;D

gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
« Reply #265 on: October 06, 2015, 11:49:21 AM »
" Well, would you believe ... "  ;D
Missed it by THAT much....

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #266 on: October 06, 2015, 12:05:46 PM »
" Oh , Max ! "  ::)  What Agent 99 ( Barbara Feldon ) would say pretty much on every episode in exasperation.  ;D

gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
« Reply #267 on: October 11, 2015, 01:37:21 PM »

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #268 on: October 11, 2015, 10:42:46 PM »

I remember. When in the 3rd or 4th grade, I don't remember specifically, one of the lessons we were taught was how to find and check out books at the library. I remember I found it tedious and frankly I haven't checked out a book from the public library since .... high school over forty years ago.

KBTs

• B Cup
« Reply #269 on: October 16, 2015, 09:27:18 AM »
Me, too.  Had to check them out all through University, too, although a computer-based "card catalog" system was preparing to replace the real thing even back then (early 1980s).  Now I buy books I want to keep, and some of them are ex-library books complete with the card-holder.