Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
BANNED USERS
« on: July 30, 2004, 07:01:52 PM »
The user Pheonix_Chi26 has been banned for violations involving Rule #5: apparently sincere and serious threats directed towards another user. Though Pheonix_Chi26 subsequently made an unsolicited offer to voluntarily exile himself from this site, it was felt necessary to insure that the separation is permanent given the nature of the transgression. This decision was reached after consideration and discussion by all of the Moderators.  

St Stephan

Re: BANNED USERS
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 06:11:07 AM »
I sincerely hope this thread doesn't become a long one, but I thought it better to have one "banishment" thread with several entries, rather that multiple banishment notices clogging up the Site Issues Forum.

Obviously (and unfortunately) I'm taking this action now because I have another banning to announce: the moderators have decided, as a group, to ban the user Wizzard.  Reason (communicated to him, as it is to all those subject to banishment):
Quote:

Attempting to trade passwords and extremely insulting behavior, both flagrant violations of Forum rules.

$  
Avatar with the gracious approval of the lovely Vanessa Montagne.
BEA members will find the full-sized (1.12 MB) animation,
cleansed of clumsy clowning claptrap by cloddish clerics, here.
For the original pictures, and thousands more, visit Vanessa.

Palomine

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 10:49:56 AM »
The user Leon has been banned due to the fact that he is **08**.

Palomine

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »
The user Whink has been temporarily banned for making threats to another user, following which he appears to have vandalized other threads with defective HTML code (all of which have been removed temporarily and will be returned once they're repaired). Following consideration of his actions by all of the moderators, he will be contacted via email re: whatever decision is reached re: his behavior tonight.

Added 8/29/4:

As a group, the moderators have determined that while Whink's action (the posted threat) was serious enough to warrant consideration of a permanent ban, it has decided that the consequence of his action (taken in context) will be that the temporary ban currently in effect since 8/25/4 shall remain in effect until October 9 provided that Whink abides by this decision in it's entirety. That means that he will not access the forums in ANY way from any IP source during that period. Failure to do so will result in his ban being made permanent immediately and deletion of his forum acct.

Assuming that Whink wishes to do so and abides by this decision, he will be more than welcome to return to full and active participation in our community on Oct. 9 without any futher consequences or prejiduce on the part of the mods or site ownership/mgmt.

Whink has been informed of this decision via email, and as he will not be able to use forum PMs during the ban, it's suggested that those who wish to reach him do so via email.

A separate announcement regarding the practice of users attempting to moderate threads/other users will be made here in the site forum. Also, the site rules will be ammended to specifically prohibit this practice by any user for any reason. Please consult the rule thread and the announcement thread "Users May Not Moderate" for details.

Added 10/14/4:

Whink's temporary ban was lifted as scheduled (some days ago). He is welcome to return to the forums if he chooses to do so.

Palomine

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 09:00:43 PM »
Jett01 has been banned for intentionally posting a link to a source of pirated Photo Club Images of Chelsea. He did so in a thread that explicitly prohibited this act, regardless of the fact that such a post is also prohibited by overall forum policy.

MasterBlaster initiated this ban and the other mods are in complete agreement: users who choose to disregard site policy do so at risk of being banned from this community.

Edited by MasterBlaster (09/17/04 08:15 AM)  

Palomine

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 09:49:59 PM »
Due to excessive hurling of verbal abuse to and fro after having been warned to stop, MasterBlaster has put the follwing temporary bans into effect this evening:

Quote:

Still at it? No one wants to let this ugliness die - so you moved to another forum , another topic, but it is the same story. so I'm going to put a few of you on the shelf for awhile.  

Naming Names - Mammeister, ROBRAM89, Kanodin, and BElover.
Each of you just couldn't walk away and let things just cool down, could you? The rest of us don't want to hear this continuing whining, bickering, name-calling and absolutely utter waste of time and space. Find another sandbox for 30 days.

MB    

The other mods are in agreement... this action is necessary to put the brakes on a continuing downhill behaviorial slide on the part of some users... their actions are negatively impacting the entire forum. 30 days from now these bans will be lifted and the users may return to regular participation if they so wish, with the understanding that repeat performances from them will result in permanent bans.

added later:

To clarify for those users who have inquired: these bans (like all that preceded them) are being made by the mods as a group... although MB happens to have been the mod who pushed the button, the other mods and I wholly agree with this decision. Normally, MasterBlaster would have updated this thread himself (as we feel decisions of this sort should not be kept out of public view for the good of the site) but due to a firewall issue he is temporarily unable to orginate new posts (though he can edit existing posts) ...thus I have relayed his statements about these bans at his request. I hope this puts any budding conspiracy theories to rest. Let's all get back to boobs now, OK? -Palomine

From MasterBlaster circa 720PM Monday:
After corresponding with Kanodin, he has asked me temper my remarks with some clarification. Kanodin did not see the warnings posted elsewhere, and I accept his statement. Therefore it shall be stated that he did not continue to flame after being warned.

But of three available postures: Participant, Peacemaker, and Spectator in a verbal flame war, he chose to participate, and whether he added napalm to the flames or a few drops of lighter fluid, he still participated.

We Moderators should not have to issue warnings. Calling people names and being abusive is not an acceptable standard of behavior, and some of the statements made in those posts would never be said face to face.

This is the main context of what I said to Kanodin:
---------------------------------

What ever your intent: be it tongue-in-cheek, elbow in the ribs, or outright goading of Mammeister, at the end of the day - your statements contributed to and abetted the flames getting to an even greater height.

This is the reason for your temporary banning. I and the other mods have our hands full trying to keep the BEA a safe from copyright and legal issues, as well as keeping order in the forums. In this situation you did not make the right choice. Instead of watching from the sidelines, you chose to enter the fray.
-------------------------------

So, Kanodin was respectful in his remarks to me, so I am amending the original statement above published by Palomine but gleaned from my original remarks.

MasterBlaster  

Added 10/15/4: the temporary bans for Mammeister, ROBRAM89, Kanodin and BElover have been lifted. As before, I've emailed those whom I could obtain emails for to let them know that they're welcome to return if they choose to do so. -Palomine

Palomine

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2004, 10:30:51 PM »
the1_roadrunner has been temporarily banned for a period of 30 days for unacceptable verbal abuse and behavior. Following lifting of this ban, any repeat performance of this sort by him will result in permanent forfeiture of his forum privileges.

****UPDATED 11/22/04***********
The temp ban for this user has been made permanent due to his behavior and repeated attempts to thwart the temp ban.

- matt -

• Customer Care Manager - BEA
    • http://www.bearchive.com
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 12:36:41 PM »
El_Booberino has been banned (I do not know yet, but I think this will be a permanent action) as he stole stuff from our paid site for personal purposes to generate his own profits... bad bad bad...    
(¯`v´¯) Matt (¯`v´¯)
www.giantessclub.com

Palomine

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 11:22:47 PM »
The user CleavageFiend has been banned for ignoring both site policy AND a direct warning from MasterBlaster re: providing link(s) to excessive/current/high potential liability commercial content. It's one thing to provide a small sample (i.e.: a single image within the 1-1-1-1 rule, thereby limiting this site's liability) and it's totally another to do as CleavageFiend has done. The thread in question is  here.  

TrapJaw

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 07:06:52 PM »
User K_27 has been banned. User was a previously banned member going under a new name.

Added by Palomine: I'd like to mention that any violation serious enough to warrant a permanent banning IS taken seriously by this site... users who attempt to thwart bans do so at risk of consequences more significant than simply being banned here... under his previous handle, K_27's actions would earn him trouble with his ISP and possibly even an unpleasant visit from authorities to boot. If he (or any other banned user) attempts to get around a ban we WILL take all steps necessary to keep them from impacting our community. Thus, if a user gets banned here, consider it the LEAST severe consequence possible... it could easily become a lot worse.

The user Whink has been given a temporary (suspension) banning of 60 days. On 3/2/05 he posted a link to a Yahoo group that displayed images and video from the members only website, Overdeveloped Amateurs dot com.

The user GoCubsGo has been given a temporary (suspension) banning of 60 days. Last week, on 02/25/05 he posted a link to a Yahoo Group that displayed images and video from Teddi Barrett's members only section.

Teddi is a regular poster here at the BEA, so GoCubsGo's actions were egregious.

The suspensions of both Whink and GoCubsGo will run 60 days. They will be eligible to return to the BEA on May 2nd.

We are quite serious about this. Do not post links to pirated video. If you do, we will suspend or ban you.
Simply put, this is an activity which cannot be tolerated.

MasterBlaster

GoCubsGo has been unbanned and informed of this via the EM he provided earlier. If any users have contact with him, they may also wish to let him know that his temp ban was lifted in case the EM we have for him is out of date. Thanks. -Palomine
READ OUR RULES...

The RULES

Palomine

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2005, 09:30:11 PM »
User freebie has been banned for incessantly spamming threads with come-ons for pirated movies.

Carter

• Video Tycoon
    • http://www.cheviotsplace.com
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 05:10:14 PM »
User Whink's temporary ban has now been made permanent due to his attempts to thwart his temporary ban.
------------------------------------------------
If Natalie Portman in furry elephant costumes is what matters to you, as it does to most sensible people, the choice is clear.----From now on I'm solving all my problems with food tampering!----If someone serves you a dead dog for lunch you do not stick around for the pudding.----Is it because I'm Jewish? Because I'd kill my Rabbi with a pork chop

TrapJaw

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2005, 07:16:18 PM »
The user F_Cup_Fitzgerald has been banned for behavior counterproductive to the welfare of the forums and this community. This includes but is not limited to posting on subject matter that he was specifically forewarned not to post at this site.

F_Cup_Fitzgerald has been re-banned after a temporary unbanning. He was given a chance to continue posting at the site despite being banned earlier. After continued rule violations, he has now been banned permanently.
READ OUR RULES...

The RULES

Palomine

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005, 03:34:11 PM »
SickelCell and gruntsagain have received temporary bans of 30 days for violating sections of site rule #3: images of subjects that even appear to be underag* may NOT be posted at this website for any reason.

Added later: these temp bans have been lifted.

MasterBlaster

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 04:21:08 PM »
The Users Shadowcom and Tiggo have been banned permanently. This website will not tolerate ethnic, religious,or racial slurs of any kind.

The policy is ZERO TOLERANCE for such actions. There will be no warnings, no second chances, AND NO EXCEPTIONS.

Many of you read this recent post, and some of you even replied to this hateful post. Whether it was personal feelings or convictions, state or governmental ideology, or true belief - if the tone is hateful and worse, if racial, ethnic, or religious slurs like this are posted to this board...you will lose your right to participate here.

Our comment will be direct and swift:
Goodbye and good riddance.

And in case you were wondering if there is/was/will be a "RULE" to this effect - consider that people who voice such words are not wanted here, or anyplace else where thoughtful people congregate.

MasterBlaster

The user JJTHEDJ has been banned since he was a user that was previously banned... he returned to post content specifically prohibited by the Owner of the BEA in order to protect the site from liability issues arising from content of a potentially underag3 nature. If he returns again, he will be rebanned and further measures will be taken to dissuade him from endangering this community. After all, violating a ban as JJ did is basically hacking into a website to which you are not legally entitled to enter... doing so carries penalties more significant than banning. -Palomine    
MasterBlaster