Arc

Women of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
« on: December 03, 2004, 09:00:09 AM »
Ok, it'll take deceit and guile to lure Galvatron into the Morph Requests Forum, so I'm baiting the trap with a Girls of Buffy thread.  Please post your morphed or unmorphed Sarahs, Alysons, Charismas, Mercedes(es), Emmas, Ambers, Juliettes, Michelles, Kristines, Julies, and Elizas here.

I'll start 'er up with a Michelle Trachtenberg.  Shiny!

MunchWolf

• What Tagline?
Re: Girls of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 11:10:21 AM »
Woohoo .. this is just the kind of thing I was talking about in my Photoshop Themes thread ... glad to see someone enacting it ...

So ... first ... From the freaken photoshop contest ... lots of Buffy pics

and seconds ... here's mine from that contest .. done in gimp:

-Munch "I am so glad to have photoshop back" Wolf

Arc

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 12:35:46 PM »
Munch,

I was going to reply affirmatively to your thread about topical morph requests, but zulluh's post clouded my mind.  Then I realized that actions speak louder than words, and made this thread.  (Yes, I think in platitudes more often than can possibly be healthy.)

Your morph is Gimptastic!  (Which I guess is kind of like saying, "I'm impressed that you made it all the way here driving that Pinto."  I cringe at the thought of morphing in Gimp.)

@

mister_mystery

• P Cup
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 05:48:18 PM »
Someone enlighten me. Soon.
What's "gimp"?
I have this image of Munch in a rubber suit with a choker-ball tied in his mouth, sitting at a computer, and I've tried poking my mind's eye with a stick but it still won't go away.
Dear God, that can't be what he means when he says he morphs in gimp, can it?!?!?  
just passing thru

Arc

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 07:15:21 PM »
Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a free, open-source graphics program that's available for Windows, Mac, and Unix (to paraphrase their website).  Gimp was really limited at first, and although later releases are more powerful, it still isn't what you'd call an optimal morphing tool.  If you don't have the cash to buy PhotoShop, it's not bad.  If you do have the cash to buy PhotoShop, though, you drop Gimp like a hot potato and buy PhotoShop.

Oddly, Gimp's hardware requirements specify at least 256 MB of available RAM, a rubber suit, and a ball-gag.  

@  

zulluh

• X Cup
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 08:27:27 PM »

Quote:

I was going to reply affirmatively to your thread about topical morph requests, but zulluh's post clouded my mind  

What do you talk 'bout?
Well, i posted this pic a couple weeks in General forum, but looks like anyone never heard 'bout "Harvard Man" with SMG, so...  

...zulluh's cat - big tit hunter!
Enjoy my gallery here!

GALVATRON

• Z Cup
  • Obey Billy Zane
    • UndeadRobot
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 09:48:42 PM »
bwaahhhh!
Okay, I'll bite. I just love Sarah Michelle when she has her original darker hair.  

Arc

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 12:52:03 AM »
First, zulluh wrote:
What do you talk 'bout?
Hi, zulluh.  Thanks for adding your Harvard Man morph to this thread.  What I meant was that I was confused by your post in MunchWolf's PhotoShop Themes thread: are you worried that people will ask for morphs, but go away before the morphs get posted?

Then Galvatron entered the fray with his usual battle-cry and a remark that looks suspiciously like a pun:
bwaahhhh!  Okay, I'll bite.
I just love Sarah Michelle when she has her original darker hair.
Glad you could join us, Lord G, and thanks for the moody SMG morph.  If you're taking requests, is there a larger-sized version of the Buffy/Willow pic in your sig that you can post?  I started searching the Member Gallery for it, but lost hope when it didn't show up after about 50 screens.

@  

MunchWolf

• What Tagline?
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2004, 02:24:31 AM »
Quote:

<blockquote>First, zulluh wrote:
What do you talk 'bout?</font></blockquote>Hi, zulluh.  Thanks for adding your Harvard Man morph to this thread.  What I meant was that I was confused by your post in MunchWolf's PhotoShop Themes thread: are you worried that people will ask for morphs, but go away before the morphs get posted?
<font size="5" face="times new roman,times,serif">@</font>    

Well, alot of people post a pic, ask for a morph, and then we never hear from them again ... which is why I think themes will work better ...

It's not a singular pic, that will be morphed by others ... and so you feel you are comparing your quality to other morphers, or that your morph matters less since someone else will just morph it .. single pics are about making something you think someone else will like ... and they all tend to blend together (since it's the same pic)

themes is about taking suggestions and then making a pic that you want to make ... and you know it will be different enough from what everyone else is doing that it will stand out and be special

I don't see someone suggesting a theme if they aren't going to stay around for a while (since it would take a while for pics to come out .. and there is no end limit for when to stop morphing ... which with a single pic, there's not much point in morphing after someone has done the first morph) ...

-Munch "in theory" Wolf

Arc

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2004, 08:29:23 AM »
Late that night, MunchWolf staggered in and wrote:
...which is why I think themes will work better...
(and several very sensible paragraphs)
I agree.  I hope we'll get to a point where we have several continuing topical threads that interest us, so that whenever a morpher is looking around for something to do, there will be lots of choices available.

I also like the idea that it's less likely that I'll morph the same pic as another morpher.  I'm just morphing for my own amusement, and I'm not interested in competing.  (I'll make an exception when Danni's Hard Drive holds another expansion contest.  Those free 4-year HotBox subscriptions are hard to resist.)

1x1x1x1 rule aside, the BEA forums give us a rare opportunity to converse in pictures (even if the ideas exchanged are often no more complex than "Whoa, look at those.").  I'm sure there are message board purists out there who don't see any value in that, but I'm really fascinated by it.

So yeah, I think you had a great idea.  Let's have some fun with it.

@  

Arc

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2004, 09:28:06 AM »
(Man, 24 hours is a long time to wait when you're having a good time.)
Here's one of gonZo's old SMG morphs (of an image scanned off the back cover of a comic book)...

CarlTL

• ZZZ Cup
  • King of the Avatars
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2004, 10:13:42 AM »
Here is another one of Alyson Hannigan done by Galvatron which I like alot.

And speaking of themes how many of you checked out the contest in my sig? If I do another one (and if the current one ever finishes...) I think I will need to put it in this forum.  

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2004, 11:44:49 AM »
I never saw that AH BE by Lord Galvatron. It's great... thanks!

Fuzzy

• G Cup
    • http://members.bearchive.com/~Fuzzy/
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2004, 01:46:13 PM »
Well, this is a couple of months old, but...

Fuzzy

GALVATRON

• Z Cup
  • Obey Billy Zane
    • UndeadRobot
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2004, 08:06:00 PM »
Quote:

...If you're taking requests, is there a larger-sized version of the Buffy/Willow pic in your sig that you can post?  I started searching the Member Gallery for it, but lost hope when it didn't show up after about 50 screens.

bwaaahh!
Unfortunatley, I can not take credit for creating that Buffy/Willow picture which appears in my mighty signature. It's a fairly popular fake that can be found all over the internet. I would try Googling "Sara Michell Fakes.." or something similar. I'm sure it should pop soon.

Instead, I leave you with this paparazi photo of Sarah Michelle Gellar sunbathing; to the dismay of many on-lookers, she is quite the the Busty Vampire Slayer indeed.