jkf

• A Cup
Morphs of Morphs
« on: August 15, 2006, 01:48:10 PM »
What are the rules for doing morphs of morphs?

I have done improvements and variations on many pictures that I have collected from this and other sites.  Many of these are probably worthy of sharing with others, but I don't know the rules, and certainly would wish to be supportive of the original artists and not violate any implied ownership or copyrights if I post some of these.

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
Re: Morphs of Morphs
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 01:54:34 PM »
It would be best to check with the morphers before posting doctored versions of their morphs.  Some won't object to it, but some will.  Also bear in mind that they may not agree with you about what you consider to be "improvements."

In general, all the trouble can be avoided if you just do your own morphs, rather than altering other people's.
-
g

Blax12

• M Cup
    • www.bearchive.com/~blax12
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 03:21:12 AM »
  As a morpher, I'll tell you my opinion.

When I take a pic in the net and I work on it, I consider that pic not to be any longer what it was before. It becomes "my" morph. I worked on it (both on the breast measure and on colors, lights, etc...). So if you take my morph and work on it, it is no longer "my" morph, it is your re-edit. Delete my logo if you changed the morph very much, or make it clear that this is your re-edit and not my original morph. As well as I do when I stick my logo on a morph, to sign that this is not the original pic.

Now the point could be: how much are you retouching my morph? I mean, if you only work a "little, little, little" on lights or colors, or you enhance the girl by a mere centimeter...then you claim that it is your work....well, that's cheating and stealing. If you do so, please stick your logo but leave mine there so people could know that probably great part of the effort was mine. If, on the contrary, you are working a lot to change what I did, as I said before, that's your work, that becomes your morph, and you decide either to leave my logo on (but making clear that you passed it under your hands) or you cancel it.

Blax12

Eyeguy

• E Cup
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 07:20:31 AM »
In my opinion, you should find the original pic- email the morpher and ask him for a copy, if nothing else.  After you have the original, do your own morph.  
"Re-morphs", in my opinion, are very rude.
People should not fear their government, a Government should fear its people.

TANSTAAFL: There ain't no such thing as a free lunch

I am a confirmed vag-itarian.

Benji Dude

• G Cup
    • Yahoo groups - archive of my work
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 03:54:45 PM »
Personally I feel that "re-morphing" is akin to slapping the original morpher around the face with a wet fish.  One would hope that you wouldn't do that in real life, so why do it on the net?  By all means use the same base imagry as other morphers, but don't use their own work.

I do however think it's ok to use "**27** fakes" and effectivly "re-morph" them but that might just be me, I don't know thinking about it, I guess what I just said kinda falls under what Blax said, seeing as you're taking a "realistic" (I use the term loosely) representation of a **27** and making drastic changes to them, it'd be ok.

I personally just donn't do anything with morphs that have come from morphers that I know, either here or on other forums, not even "boob transplants" if it has a morphers logo on it (or is obviously a morph) then I move on untill I find something else that would work.

Benji "shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" Dude

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
  • Morphs are updated each week!
    • Zorro" Zorromorphs @ Shutterfly
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 03:05:13 PM »
As a "violator" of this particular thing all I can say is for the original morpher to try to add in some sort of logo etc. to indicate that it is a morph and/or a way to indentify the morpher.

What happened with me was that Sako did such an excellent job of a subtle morph, that I did not realize that the picture uploaded was a morph.

I immediately apologized to Sako both publicly and in a P.M. and suggested the "logo" option to him.

No one is perfect (Even though I have crossed paths with some who think they are) and mistakes happen so for the most part I agree with all that has already been said.

WHEN STARTING OR ANSWERING THREADS/POSTS, LINKS ARE SHOWN TO PROVIDE SOURCE INFORMATION INSTEAD OF JUST COPYING/PASTING PERSONAL OPINIONS.