collage/morph help?
« on: August 18, 2001, 06:17:00 AM »
I'm in the process of learning photoshop 6, and I would REALLY appreciate some tips.  Specifically, what functions one would use for making good sw, gts, be, etc.  Also anything else you think it would be good to know.  Thanks to all who take the time to help.

Visit my hotline server at 24.131.76.227  login/password: altered/states

dev

• WebsterBoy
Re: collage/morph help?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2001, 01:14:00 PM »
Your question is too general. I don't think anyone has the time to run through everything, so I'll give a half-baked answer for starters.
1. Practice using layers and transparency.
2. Plan what you want and then try whatever tool you think of. This is not only good practice but it will help you narrow down the issues.

I don't use Photoshop but this should help you match the goal to the application.

The_Rocketeer

• D Cup
    • www.bearchive.com/~Rocketeer
Re: collage/morph help?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2001, 02:25:00 AM »
I've been a Photoshop user for about eight or nine years now and I can trace it all back to two things, the gorgeous and extremely talented young woman who first showed me the ropes, and a Macworld book. Since the first one isn't an option for anyone these days (she's married now and keeping a low profile) I can only recommend very strongly The Photoshop Bible by Deke McClelland. It is the single greatest influence on how I figured out what photoshop can do and how I can make it do what I want. Next, check out Adobe's web site for tips and tricks. Then, remember to have fun.