Imaginos

• Former BEA Webmaster
User / Member Gallery Forum FAQ.
« on: July 21, 2002, 12:19:48 AM »
HI there Everyone!

I thought I would write a simple guide to help people make more use of this forum along side browsing the user / member gallery.

Ok! Lets begin.

I find that a very easy way to use this forum for any question you may have about any image that has been uploaded by someone is to have the forum open in a new window while you browse the gallery.

There are at least 2 ways you can do this and both should be pretty easy for you to do.

• You can open a new browser window and type the basic link to get to this forum which is forum.bearchive.com

• You can right click on the link at the bottom of the **103** page to the user / member gallery (where you choose your viewing options) and choose Open in New Window.

You can also do the same right click if you are about to upload an image to ask a question. We want you to post stuff in this forum because posting an image will push others out.

Ok now you have an image you have found and have a question about.  You have a few options in the new post you are about to make with your question.

• You can attach the image to you post from the image you have just downloaded.

• You can right click on the images thumbnail and copy the link to the thumbnail.

Here is how you do both things.

To Attach an image to your post. You must first make a post :) Then make sure the little checkbox at the bottom entitled "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file" is checked.  Once you hit continue you will see the option to browse your hard drive and upload the picture as an attachment. Remember Attachments can only be 150k or less.

To Add an Thumbnail Link of an image to your post. You must first make a post :) Then while in the gallery find the thumbnail you want to link to and right click on the image and select properties. This will bring up a box that will show you the link to the image. Drag the mouse cursor over the link to select it and then paste it into your post using the [image] tags for ubb.

Here is a sample

[image]http://www.url_to_image.com/image_name.gif[/image]

Here is an actual link to a thumbnail in the usergallery

The reason we attach a link to the thumbnail instead of the image is that once the image goes into the members gallery the post will only be viewable by members. Yet thumbnails should always be available.

Hope this helps!

If you have any questions please post them here so I can add to this little FAQ.

~Imaginos

ThisIsNotMyName

• The Circle Squared
  • Or is it???
    • BEhavior
Now hold on just a dang minute there!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2002, 05:33:24 AM »
Quothe ye Imaginos:
Attachments can only be 150k or less.
Not quite correct: the limit is 150,000 bytes, which equates to 146.48 kilobytes. (For the numerically challenged, Me fail math? That's also unpossible! one kilobyte is 1024 bytes.) It's similar to the way the Users' Gallery once was, when it cut off entries at 100,000 bytes instead of 100K. Applying the same solution used on the UG would mean bumping the attachment limit up to 153,600 bytes; the alternative is to call the limit 146K and leave it at that. Hey, let them read the FAQ for once.

I'd prefer the first choice, for purely altruistic reasons. Really. No ulterior motives here. Nosirree, bob!
The One And Only-- Accept No [L]Imitations!Wonder if anyone still remembers where to find
my Hands On series from BEhavior.
I ain't telling. Phmeh!

Imaginos

• Former BEA Webmaster
Re: Now hold on just a dang minute there!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2002, 06:50:17 PM »
Your right its in bytes. Thanks for pointing that out.

Imaginos

zulluh

• X Cup
Re: User / Member Gallery Forum FAQ.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 11:15:52 AM »
If i want to post an anything image TOGETHER at my
question typed, not only as an ATTACH?

(Remember, i need translate this WHOLE post to PORTUGUESE..)  
...zulluh's cat - big tit hunter!
Enjoy my gallery here!

wcpope

• F Cup
    • www.wcpope.com
Re: User / Member Gallery Forum FAQ.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 04:49:32 AM »
hey just a question... I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and thought I was uploading a smaller jpg to the gallery and somehow I uploaded a 3MB illo!!!! Yikes!!! my question is how do I delete a illo from the gallery??? and I will put up the smaller correct jpg.
Boob Ink
"Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security
deserve neither security nor liberty." -- Benjamin Franklin

"let her breasts inebriate thee at all times"
--Proverbs 5:19

www.bearchive.com/~boob_ink
members.bearchive.com/~boob_ink/