Craig_Mercer

• P cup
It just occured to me that:

a. Comrade Tux has an affinity for Japanese snackfood Pocky.

b. Comrade Chestnut brought attention to the Miller Lite ad.

But, are you aware that the Miller Lite commercial is a ripoff of an award winning Japanese Pocky commercial?

In the Pocky original, a mousy secretary keeps eyeing her bosses Pocky supply, kept on a shelf over the photocopier, he leaves the office, she mounts the copier to get to the Pocky, inadvertantly hitting the start button and producing a few shots of her drawers, when uh-oh bossman enters unexpectedly etc.

See, I can notice other things in life beside you know what.
E N O R M O U S B R E A S T S
S O U S E M O N S T E R B R A
O R B S M E A S U R E T O N S

jat470

• E Cup
Re: Pocky and Miller Lite: Incredible (Kinda Off Topic) Coincedence
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 01:20:58 PM »
Happens quite a bit actually, with us none the wiser because how often do you get to see these foreign commercials in this country? Take for example a certain shampoo commercial that promises an organic experience: it's a ripoff of an English commercial for ice cream where a woman cries like she's having an orgasm while eating it. Incidently, the shampoo commercial downplayed this element quite a bit for while the sexual overtones are kinda hinted at in the American version, the English version was much more blatant (and a helluva lot more convincing).  

steveo

• L Cup
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2002, 02:16:03 PM »
On a side note, I am so sick of that shampoo commercial I could just barf!
So, do you like big tits, or huge tits? ... U.S. Marshal Quigley

Tux

• X Cup
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2002, 08:05:37 AM »
Ah, I forgot about that Japanese commercial—I think I saw it on iFilm or something.  Damn funny too (oh and the look on the girl's face is about as priceless as the one in the Miller commercial).
...still trying to cut down his Pocky habit to 2 packs a day.