TheZookie007

• L Cup
Re: The New Doctor Who
« Reply #600 on: April 10, 2017, 02:19:08 AM »
I got a lot of catching up to do myself!
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

salem

« Reply #601 on: May 02, 2017, 05:55:57 PM »
Really enjoying the new series so far. Shame we only got to see a very brief glimpse of the Movellans. Looking forward to the rest of the series now. Especially the two-part season finale.

Rumour has it that David Bradley will be returning as the first Doctor in the Christmas special...

salem

« Reply #602 on: May 21, 2017, 07:09:37 PM »
Halway through season 10 and I have to say that this is the best season of Doctor Who since its return in 2005. The last two episodes have been nothing short of outstanding.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #603 on: July 04, 2017, 09:12:02 PM »
Have you gotten to the Monk "trilogy" yet? The first part was pretty good, the other two......

"The Pyramid at the End of the World": You know, when you're watching the show, and you come up with a better solution to the problem faced by the characters before the show is over....

"Bill, I can't see the numbers."
"OK, Doctor, can you use your glasses to send me a picture of the dial?"
"Sure, coming right up!"
"OK, the dial is at 9867 right now, the numbers decrease as you go down."
"Got it! Thanks, Bill!" (turns dials, unlocks door)

"The Lie of the Land" was a mess. Nice acting, but what the script was asking us to believe about The Doctor..... wrong. And that godawful sappy ending with Bill's mom. Why couldn't you have had BOTH The Doctor and Bill place their hands on the alien device to break the transmission? Teamwork is good, you know....
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

salem

« Reply #604 on: July 16, 2017, 07:01:44 AM »
As a whole, I loved series 10, best of the new Who seasons, even better than season 4 (my previous favourite). Enjoyed the finale too, good to see John Simm back in fine form as the Master.

The new Doctor Who is announced today after the Wimbledon Men's final on the BBC. Jodie Whittaker is now apparently the favourite among the bookies with Kris Marshall in second place.

Then we have the Christmas special to look forward to, Doctor 1 and Doctor 12!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 07:04:14 AM by salem »

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #605 on: July 16, 2017, 12:22:17 PM »
The new Doctor Who is announced today
He's a woman.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 03:11:31 PM by Hiram »
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #606 on: July 16, 2017, 02:14:13 PM »
If the Beeb really wanted to troll us, they should have made the announcement to this song.

By the way, Jodie Whittaker is not the first woman to play the Doctor on TV. That would be Joanna Lumley, in the Stephen Moffat-penned segment of Comic Relief 1999, called "Doctor Who and the Curse of Fatal Death".

salem

« Reply #607 on: July 16, 2017, 04:18:24 PM »
If the Beeb really wanted to troll us, they should have made the announcement to this song.

By the way, Jodie Whittaker is not the first woman to play the Doctor on TV. That would be Joanna Lumley, in the Stephen Moffat-penned segment of Comic Relief 1999, called "Doctor Who and the Curse of Fatal Death".

I have The Curse of Fatal Death on video. Hugh Grant, Richard E Grant, Jim Broadbent and Rowan Atkinson played the other Doctors in that.

As for today's announcement

Doctor Who
Born 23rd November 1963
Died 16th July 2017
R.I.P.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:55:14 AM by salem »

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #608 on: July 16, 2017, 05:58:44 PM »
I wouldn't go so far as to say that the show is dead.

Although, isn't the Doctor only supposed to be able to have 14 regenerations? And if you don't include The War Doctor, this would be regen #13?

So, maybe you have something there.

Or not.

CarlTL

• ZZZ Cup
  • King of the Avatars
« Reply #609 on: July 16, 2017, 06:45:58 PM »

Although, isn't the Doctor only supposed to be able to have 14 regenerations? And if you don't include The War Doctor, this would be regen #13?

Or not.

The Doctor got a new batch of regenerations in the Day of the Doctor. He was dying of old age in it because he had used up all his regenerations - doctors 1-11, the war doctor, and the meta-crisis doctor (where the 10th doctor was shot by a dalek and regenerated into himself and directed the excess energy into his severed hand which in turn regenerated into a second 10th doctor (with out any regenerations of his own).

TheBoobGuy

• The Definitive Article
« Reply #610 on: July 16, 2017, 08:14:06 PM »
Wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

Basically we now have no idea how many regenerations the Doctor has any more.

Regardless, the Doctor being female this time means not a damn thing. Time Lords are not male by default and we have seen several times that they can change to a different gender as they like. By all accounts the actress is very talented, and with a new show runner to shake things up I don't see why it can't still be enjoyable.
BustiBobbi and Serena_38N are all(c)TBG in addition to their respective owners.

Cutter

• X Cup
« Reply #611 on: July 16, 2017, 09:40:46 PM »
The new Doctor will need to run into River Song.
Cutter

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!

My DVD   http://mightyo.site.aplus.net/ussclamagoretourdvd.com/

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #612 on: July 16, 2017, 09:48:18 PM »
The new Doctor will need to run into River Song.

That will definitely bring back all the male nerds who were angry over this casting choice...

The Doctor is a genderfluid pansexual alien with two hearts who could be killed by a single pill of aspirin and who travels through time in a fucking police box. Deal with it :)

salem

« Reply #613 on: July 17, 2017, 02:04:37 AM »

Or not.

The Doctor got a new batch of regenerations in the Day of the Doctor. He was dying of old age in it because he had used up all his regenerations - doctors 1-11, the war doctor, and the meta-crisis doctor (where the 10th doctor was shot by a dalek and regenerated into himself and directed the excess energy into his severed hand which in turn regenerated into a second 10th doctor (with out any regenerations of his own).

It was in 'The Time of the Doctor' not 'The Day of the Doctor'

CarlTL

• ZZZ Cup
  • King of the Avatars
« Reply #614 on: July 17, 2017, 06:26:16 PM »
Damn, flipped the names of the 50th Anniversary special and the Christmas Special.