JustMeMike

• F Cup
    • The Arts
The following was posted by doggo aka Al-The-Editor yesterday in a thread in the Off-Topic Forum:

Quote:

I've been in hospital for five days, after a complete loss of appetite. I'd eaten almost nothing for the previous ten days. They put me on a drip and took lots of bloods, then let me out today. I'm eating again but I feel totally knackered.

Trouble is, that's not the real trouble. I'm suffering excruciating pain in the hips so can hardly walk, and was expecting to go into hospital as an emergency so they could find out what it is and see if it is treatable. I suspect it's not; not completely. They may just patch me up and ship me out to make do as well as possible. It's bad, people. A week confined to bed has done no good at all for the stiffness and pain so until I get some treatment, it may simply be a struggle for the medics to find an effective and very powerful painkiller.

I've met some brave and very ill people this week, and some whingers, too. And some wonderful nurses to help me laugh.

--------------------
doggo - the original doggo. There'll never be another

Al and I have been partners in producing the AoV column in R & D since Nov of 1997. And he produced R & D for a bit more than two years before that on his own.

Thats a long stretch, and over the years I've come to realize what a terrific guy he is. We had intended a longish Intro page and announcement from Al nearly two weeks ago, but Al wasnt able to get it done. He's been through a very rough patch, and now you know why the May issue hasn't been put up on the R & D site for your enjoyment.

I know all of his fans and readers will want to send along their best wishes for his recovery.

I've been in touch with him by phone but not while he's been  laid up in the hospital. Now that he's home, I'll resume our conversations.

Best wishes mate -

JustMeMike

landrat

• C Cup
Re: Al-The-Editor - R & D - AoV
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 07:14:22 AM »
Consider this my get well-soon-card for Al. He will be in my thoughts and I hope the doctors do their best to help him - the right medicine can make all the difference, and hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

Get well Al-the-Editor! I look forward to you getting back to what you enjoy.

Thank you,
landrat

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 11:34:34 AM »
Yes, Al is the center of a large cyber-community, and we all wish for his quick and complete recovery. There aren't enough of us geezers around who remember when "vintage chicks" were just "chicks".
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

MunchWolf

• What Tagline?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 12:49:21 AM »
Quote:

Yes, Al is the center of a large cyber-community, and we all wish for his quick and complete recovery. There aren't enough of us geezers around who remember when "vintage chicks" were just "chicks".

Damn .. I didn't realize doggo was Al ... he is one of the biggest founders of the BE movement .. and one of the few people left who predate me ... I hope he gets better ...

-Munch "he still needs to get off my lawn " Wolf

Carter

• Video Tycoon
    • http://www.cheviotsplace.com
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 03:59:07 AM »
Doggo... Al....  

How did that get by me?

Get well soon Doggo!!
------------------------------------------------
If Natalie Portman in furry elephant costumes is what matters to you, as it does to most sensible people, the choice is clear.----From now on I'm solving all my problems with food tampering!----If someone serves you a dead dog for lunch you do not stick around for the pudding.----Is it because I'm Jewish? Because I'd kill my Rabbi with a pork chop

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 11:21:04 AM »
Quote:

Doggo... Al....  

How did that get by me?

Get well soon Doggo!!

Figuring it out took a bit of thought: Remember St Catherine's School? Remember "some kind of dog"? Note when "doggo" wasn't posting usually coincided with the times Flying Rabbits was doing a shoot? Things written by doggo were related to issues on R&D? Those, and some odd bits of info doggo posted about times and places and thoughts.

If Munch spent a few minutes doing cyber-detective work, he would know who I am in rl and where I live as well. But Munch is far too adult to waste his time doing that.

southy

• G Cup
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 11:39:46 AM »

Get well Al........Aov is,and always has been,one of the best features of the BEA.

MunchWolf

• What Tagline?
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 12:32:05 PM »
Quote:

If Munch spent a few minutes doing cyber-detective work, he would know who I am in rl and where I live as well. But Munch is far too adult to waste his time doing that.

Don't worry .. I'll keep your identity a secret ....

-Munch "See, I've obfuscated this picture of you so that no one will know who you are" Wolf

ZoD

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 02:36:27 AM »
Get well Doggo.  
«Zoneofdecay on the outside, tasty on the inside.»

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 01:29:19 PM »
Thank you, Munch. You're close: All of the geekiness, none of the money!

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 07:04:37 PM »
May all your nurses have huge breasts. Especially the female ones!

rtpoe
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

sheber

• Shasta'man
    • http://www.bearchive.com/~shasta/
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 01:11:15 PM »
Al, I have always appreciated your wry wit, even at my expense! Don't make me start missing you yet.
[Rent this space]

Juliekat

• BA's Muse
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 01:57:47 PM »
Feel better soon, Al.

*big hugs*

JK
"grOw" volumes #1-#4 and #5 (issue 1) as well as the grOw stOry Collections now available!: http://www.bustartist.com/

Wren

• E Cup
    • Body Inflation Fetish Fantasy Clips
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »
Ack!  I don't check this forum often and just noticed this thread.  I hope they fix you up soon, Al!  If you need new hips maybe Miss Gruntworthy can loan you some, 'cause she's got hips to spare!  Shameful...Shameful...

Wren
Body Inflation Fetish Fantasy Clips - http://clips4sale.com/studio/52559

notty

• Z Cup
  • Deflating egos since 2004
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 06:23:20 PM »
Who is this Al person?  I thought doggo was a typing, pancake-making dog?  

Anyway, where do I send the 'care package?'
To paraphrase Poul Anderson, "Intelligence is a wonderful thing. It provides us with reasons for doing what we were going to do anyway."

notty's breast augmentation thread