Dick_Woods

• X Cup
    • http://www.unlearnnow.com
Re: Al-The-Editor - R & D - AoV
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2006, 05:21:09 AM »
Jane and I wanted to pay our respects...

Our best to freinds and family...

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
  • Morphs are updated each week!
    • Zorro" Zorromorphs @ Shutterfly
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2006, 07:18:42 AM »
I too wish to offer my condolences to Al's friends and family.

Today is the first time I read this thread and I now feel pretty bad because I didn't learn until today who Doggo was.  

He is and will be missed by all.
WHEN STARTING OR ANSWERING THREADS/POSTS, LINKS ARE SHOWN TO PROVIDE SOURCE INFORMATION INSTEAD OF JUST COPYING/PASTING PERSONAL OPINIONS.

DJPFC

• Z Cup
    • http://www.pinupfiles.com
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2006, 10:11:55 AM »
I was thinking to myself this morning "Man, I haven't seen a post from Doggo in a while" because he ALWAYS chimes in with some great stuff whenever a post about Lorna is brought up.  I had also just posted a new thread about Lorna  before the weekend and was thinking "surely Doggo with have some good stuff to say" and was surprised to see that he hadn't posted to it yet...

and then I looked up at the top of the thread board.  I am un-freakin-believably stunned.  I don't even know what to say.  He was not that old and this came on very suddenly.  He was SUCH a nice man and had so much passion for his work and for contributing to the BEA here.  I'm just so heartbroken and sad.  I always had great correspondence with him and he always made me smile.  Such a terrible, terrible loss  

The one thing that has not been mentioned in here is -- what exactly happened?  There's been mention of an "infection" but I don't know what that means and I'm having a hard time understanding how a man of his age who was perfectly healthy (at least I thought) just a couple short months ago and all of a sudden he can't eat or walk or anything.   Like I said, he was not that old.  What could possibly have done this?

I'm so sad.  My deepest, heartfelt condolences to everyone who loved him and was his friend.  
Check out our brand new, fully re-booted mega-site, PinupFiles/PinupGlam!  Featuring the best and hottest big boobed pinup gals on the web!

smiley

• X Cup
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2006, 10:31:42 AM »
From what I've read here and in the OT area I think it was cancer that took Al.
BrianM and Doggo himself only talked about 'an infection', but one of Notty's posts mentions him talking about a hip-op and planned radiotherapy treatments. Sounds like leukemia.

(Mods: if this isn't the appropriate place for this observation please delete.)
"Nobody's perfect...Well, there was this one guy, but we killed Him." -- Judas
"Yay! MunchWolf!" - behold his greatness!

DJPFC

• Z Cup
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2006, 10:42:59 AM »
thanks for the input.  It would just be nice to know -- makes for a proper obit, I think, and I don't believe it's inappropriate (at least in my opinion).
Check out our brand new, fully re-booted mega-site, PinupFiles/PinupGlam!  Featuring the best and hottest big boobed pinup gals on the web!

JSfdd

• A Cup
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2006, 10:47:11 AM »
I hope I don't tell anything too private and personal, but Al had been ill for nearly 3 years. As mentioned before, we planned to work together and we've already set up a contract, when Al suddenly cancelled the project end of 2003. He said he got ill, but it took a couple of months until he told me the truth about his prostate cancer. He said he didn't want to tell anyone "as it only embarrasses people and they start getting all solemn and sincere." And he was afraid "to fail after a very short time because my circumstances have changed so much in such a short time."

Once I asked him what he thinks about his future and he replied "there is a future, but it's just not quite as long as I thought it might have been."

This was back in March/April 2004.

DJPFC

• Z Cup
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2006, 11:05:59 AM »
I don't think that's too personal -- it puts context on things and makes it easier to cope with, I think.  It just scary to hear when someone dies suddenly and unexpectedly and you start to wonder "what could have happened" because sudden, unexpected deaths don't usually occur.  I guess it wasn't so sudden.

I had no idea he had been ill.  Obviously, he lived his life as fully as he could despite the illness and that's a great, commendable thing.  I'm not surprised by that in the least from him.

Thanks for sharing.

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2006, 10:01:45 PM »
Now that I know how he died I have more respect for him. With that hilarious and sometimes silly pancake thread I never guessed he had been under such duress. He had a serious condition yet he never burdened us nor did he feel self-pity for himself. That, in my opinion, takes a lot of courage and shows admirable character. We lost a fine man.

homevintner

• L Cup
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2006, 10:24:22 PM »
I haven't been in the forums for almost two weeks, so I only just found out today. I'm floored. My deepest condolences to his friends and family. He was a great man who will be greatly missed.

Home"a moment of silence"vintner
"All religions seem to dislike breasts, but it's just the opposite with me." - Eric Idle

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2006, 10:04:28 AM »
Quote:

Now that I know how he died I have more respect for him. With that hilarious and sometimes silly pancake thread I never guessed he had been under such duress. He had a serious condition yet he never burdened us nor did he feel self-pity for himself. That, in my opinion, takes a lot of courage and shows admirable character. We lost a fine man.

Had I known I could have altered those silly pancake thread discussion with him. I would have been embarass maybe to engage him in a debate. I don't know but I might of. So I do admire his courage going on about with his life as usual.

He would make light of my passion during these discussion, but now I think I am understanding his POV as he took a different angle and turning my passion into silly pancakes. perhaps he was trying to remind me that "life is short" but did so with tremendous courage. He never told me that HIS life was short and moved on. Some of you saw him at his best, while I saw him at our worst and he still came out shining in the end. I think that side was worth mentioning  as it really shows his courage. It's easy to be nice, but to be nice while under fire??? Well.......Doggo did it!

He said that both of his parents were liberals, and yet he didn't agree with them. He allowed me to voice my thoughts, even at odds with his own and yet doing so showed compassion and still more courage. I am floored by that and I see that and even though he is not here to engage in another discussion of life, I am still hearing him Shouting "life is too short" enjoy the pancakes!

As I am hearing what you all experience of him. I think there is a peice of him still living among those who got to know him, because I still hear him speaking. Everytime I see another post of your experience of Doggo, I thank you for the gift you bring!
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

• E Cup
    • http://www.flyingrabbits.tv/
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2006, 11:09:17 AM »
Hello All,

Just passing on a message from Al's daughter:-

"Hello, Al’s daughter here, Jo. Al/Doggo etc will hereafter be referred to as Dad.

Thank you all so much for your words. Some made me laugh and some made me cry. Unfortunately I have not inherited his writing talent and my thoughts may be disjointed so please bear with me.

I have learnt more about my Dad in the last week than I did throughout his life. We had a childlike relationship which avoided serious conversation and embarrassing issues, we did not discuss anything even vaguely rude and swearing was taboo. However he did once make a list of nearly 100 words for “pissed”. (I may be exaggerating but I was quite young). Life was based around jokes and silly words and names. My nicknames from Dad varied from Ho, Hoanne and my least favourite, Rattus-Rattus, why??!!??

Anyway, finding out what he has been doing for the last 10? years came initially as a shock followed by amusement. I didn’t realize he had been writing so much, traveling so much, filming so much!! or become so involved in forums, etc. He was very straight laced but now I know not when it came to boobs. I have not read any of his work and don’t know that I want to (definitely not yet anyway)

He also loved cricket. In his day he was 1st XI captain and would open the batting, score 100 not out and then bowl out the opposition too. As the youngsters came on he moved to umpiring but always, and still does have his kit in the car, just in case. His last game was 2 years ago, just about the oldest player I knew, and still got a ridiculous amount of wickets. I was immensely proud.

With regards to his illness, I wasn’t aware of the seriousness. Maybe having already lost my Mum to cancer he wanted to spare my brother and I the pain and hope he recovered so he didn’t let on. About 2 years ago he had an operation but I only know now it was cancer, obviously this came back. Knowing the outcome was inevitable I am now only thankful his pain is over but it came as a massive shock. I visited every day to do what I could and my ignorance meant these visits were easy for both of us. I then saw him off in an ambulance on Wednesday. He had terrible jaundice but still I had no inkling. My intention was to visit on Saturday but Friday evening I had 2 phone calls, the first to tell me how bad he was and may only have a few days and the second 4 hours later to say he had passed away. I am thankful I didn’t have to visit on Saturday knowing it would be to say goodbye.

He leaves his son, Tim, myself (and partner Richard), a fellow cricketer and West Ham fan! and our 2 children.

I loved him so much; I wish we had more hugs. Writing this has helped and may or may not help those who read it.

He was indeed a legend in everything he did.

With much love, Jo

PS.
(My thanks to Brian for the CD containing all the pictures etc)"
I am Albert Brennerman.

http://www.flyingrabbits.tv

• E Cup
    • http://www.flyingrabbits.tv/
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2006, 12:36:42 PM »
"He was indeed a legend in everything he did."

I think that describes Al perfectly!  
I am Albert Brennerman.

Martin_Solo

• D Cup
    • http://www.flyingrabbits.tv
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2006, 02:45:03 AM »
I couldn't agree with that more!  

notty

• Z Cup
  • Deflating egos since 2004
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2006, 02:24:29 AM »
A fascinating character, was Al.  Thank you, Jo, for sharing a bit more about him.  It tickles me to know that the quintessential boob man was a picture of propriety out in the world.  But I expected nothing less from my most complicated of friends.  Boobs, cricket, pancakes: the three points of a slice of the good life.

This video of 'Pete Small' and the ladies, can it be got?
To paraphrase Poul Anderson, "Intelligence is a wonderful thing. It provides us with reasons for doing what we were going to do anyway."

notty's breast augmentation thread

smiley

• X Cup
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2006, 10:50:18 AM »
http://www.flyingrabbits.tv/story.htm and related pages might be a good place to start. Watch out for an appearance by infamously bad Dutch(?) actor Bob de Bilder.  
"Nobody's perfect...Well, there was this one guy, but we killed Him." -- Judas
"Yay! MunchWolf!" - behold his greatness!