rtpoe

• Old Fart
A bit of whimsy
« on: September 12, 2001, 06:19:00 AM »
(I wanted the image to appear in the User's Gallery; evidently I goofed up.)For your bemusement (and to change the subject) I present Goya's "Nude Maja". The little addendum in the upper left just had to be placed there.

The painting was done around 1807. Goya followed it up with a clothed version that many feel is much sexier.

Soon after its "unveiling", Goya got in trouble with the Spanish Inquisition. More because he was helping France in the Napoleonic Wars than for a painting of a nude woman.

I understand that when (in the 1930's) Spain put the painting on a stamp, the U.S. wouldn't let mail with it into the country. Something about obscenity...

Anyway, anyone want to have a go at giving her bigger tits? Or perhaps one of the models who frequent these premises might want to duplicate the pose in a photo shoot.

rtpoe

rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie