Nimrod

• KC Strip Artist
10th Anniversary of the BEA
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:49:33 AM »
Significance of the BEA 10th Anniversary

In just under five months the BEA will hit the big 10th year anniversary.
Kithara and I have been here from day one, lurking obviously, and were curious if anyone else is planning on doing anything “special”.

For those not in the know, the agreed upon date is June 22nd, 1997 which is the closest thing to an exact date as we will ever get for the “start” of this zany place.  (Yes there is a whole thread about that too - just roll with it) Here.

We would like to toss into the ring the idea of having any like minded user of the forum to think about what the BEA is to them and how as a odd assortment of contributors we have collectively succeeded in keeping this place going.

All this could culminate in some sort of big June 22nd, 2007 10th Year Anniversary BEA On-Line Forum Extravaganza! With everyone contributing stories, artwork, songs, poems, special items, unique contributions, etc.

Here are just some ideas that Kithara and I had and we are sure there are other good ones:

1.  Both of us are planning to have a major KC Strip Forum comic strip run leading up to June 22nd with some major stuff to happen around that day. (Health allowing)

2. There could be a bit of a Retrospective with people digging deep into their personal stash and presenting old, unique or significant items from days-long-past here at the BEA. (Especially from before the big forum crash) - all posted to a single location in the Forum on in a special 10th Anniversary location.

3. The Writers could have a short story area about the history, impact, relevance, quirkiness, or simply the “experience” that is the BEA.

4. The Artists and Morphers could have a “10th Anniversary” congratulation art show, there could be contributions by the regulars, or perhaps by quasi-famous web artists. (Hey Lightfoot !)

5. The Classifieds people could have stuff for “free” or “barter” specifically for the anniversary.

6. Meetings and Events might be able to list local or regional meetings or just chance rendevous between forum participants.

7. Old posters could be encouraged to contribute to a “What ever happened to thread” just for the sake of the “good-old days”. I am sure some have interesting stories.

8. The moderators, both current and past, could contribute something from their unique perspective.

9. There could be other simply fun nostalgic posts, a week of scheduled chat room events with “special” people, an actual official post from “the Owner” about what 10years has been like, or other once-in-ten-years type stuff.

10. The fact that the BEA has been able to go 10 years is significant and being the bizarre place that it is makes the run that much more intriguing. It would be nice to acknowledge the accomplishments of all of the participants in this wild corner of the web and take a moment to take it all in - each on our own different ways.

Anyway, Kithara and I are working up to this and would enjoy to see anyone else contribute something.
Have fun with it!

Remember we have just under 5 months to go...

BE Together...

Images are (c) Nimrod unless noted otherwise

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Re: 10th Anniversary of the BEA
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 12:14:45 PM »
 A decade almost done, now on to the next one!  

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »
A couple of years back, for reasons I don't quite recall, I collected some "Why I Love the BEA" comments from assorted posts:

"WOW people. Thank you for the compliments! I'm more than happy that I came here now lol. I've been to a lot of forums and after hearing "you suck" or "you need to go back to drawing stick figures" It is more than refreshing to hear (or rather see) compliments of this caliber."

"thank you and you will see more of my work for sure! I've seen some great artwork here and I hope to contribute some helpful stuff here and there."

"Thanks again everyone. You are the sweetest bunch of boob lovers I've ever met. Take care and I will try to check in this week if I can."

"I just want to thank everyone for being so positive.
This is the best forum i've ever been on!"

"What a wonderful place to visit. I thought that I would have to want for heaven to be surrouned by so many cool huge boob fans."

"AND (last thougt for the thread) thanks for noticing I'm missing...stupid real life keeps getting in the way, I havent been **83** well for the past few weeks and I'm just way too overwhelmed to come here as often as I normally do. But you have no idea how incredible a feeling it is to have your absense noticed...I love belonging somewhere."

"Its cool that we can share this real-life breast enhancement story with the very nice folks on here."

"When I came to the BEA I never in a kazillion years anticipated the response and kindness that I've received from all of you! …..I sincerely mean it when I say THANK YOU for befriending me like you have....it means a GREAT deal to me!!"

"Thanks again all you FABULOUS BEA'rs!!! I'm so greatful to you folks for being the nicest bunch of people I've ever encountered on the net, no joke! Not a single negative comment among them! What wonderful people!!!!"

"...to everyone here at the BEA, please take care of yourselves and be good to one another. This community has been like a second family to me and I have loved almost every second of my time here."

"There have been quite a few BEA people come to visit me, the most recent this weekend. They have all been wonderful people - polite, charming and interesting and all perfect gentlemen. Apart from Jane who was a perfect lady. As any dancer will tell you - Pretty boys full of attitude are a pain but you always like the well-behaved guys who treat you with respect. To all those BEA people who have come to see me thanks so much and thanks for being a credit to the kind of people we have here. And for those who haven't been to see me yet, what are you waiting for?"

"Well, I'm just as grateful for how nice you guys are, the few times I've popped in over here. Too many other places, you get flamed just for saying hello."
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

Q_BE

• P Cup
  • Dreaming of a Scarlett Spring
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 09:27:10 PM »
Being the history buff that I am, I want to contribute. I don't know how, exactly, but I want to. Perhaps I'll write a story. I'll definitely contribute to the story side, but I'm not sure how.

I've been waiting for an event to push for a "history of BE" (Prophet and others at TOF can testify). I know I'm hardly the first to do so, but this anniversary seems as good a time as any for everyone to give it another good effort to collect and catalogue data/experiences about days gone by in order to ascertain the "old days" once again.

I may enlist in the effort to create a document containing said collected history should the opportunity arise. Of course, once the document is done, it will be forwarded to the appropriate Wikis...

Q-"It's the least I can do since I was a lurker forever, and I'm still not yet a full BEA member"-BE

MissChievous

• Finger Food
  • The Emprah Protects
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 10:05:51 AM »
I would LOVE to be a part of this.

I pretty much grew up with the BEA.
"She's like our own personal Harley Quinn, except Harley looks at her and says "boy is SHE fucking nuts!"" - Agent Dee

DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 02:02:13 PM »
No idea how to contribute myself, but it's on my calendar.

Angelus

• X Cup
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 05:46:59 PM »
Undead Robot may do something to comemorate the event.

With our current update schedule, we'll be celebrating the 10th anniversary some time in 2009.

TheHerald

• Ink & Paint Club Outcast
  • Ink & Paint Club Outcast
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 12:26:56 AM »
I thought of the perfect way for me to contribute. After some consideration, I've decided to leave it a secret, ..for now.

But, yes, it will involve, at least, one drawing with color added by me.  

BTW, I see that both Nimrod and I have marked the official Forum Calendar for the BEA Anniversary, but somebody should mark Kithara's birthday.  
Thank you for your patience as I indulge my need to share.

prinz

• Z Cup
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 08:07:08 PM »
hummm me thinks I will have to do something to mark the Anniversary..

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 03:24:09 PM »
I will hire a psychic and channel the spirit of doggo.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 03:39:46 AM »
If you can get Zasha too that'll be great.

Meanwhile, i wish we could locate Sofia ...

homevintner

• L Cup
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 06:32:39 AM »
I was thinking about Zasha too. Don't forget Stretcherr while you'e at it.
"All religions seem to dislike breasts, but it's just the opposite with me." - Eric Idle

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 08:12:42 PM »
Quote:

I was thinking about Zasha too. Don't forget Stretcherr while you'e at it.

God yes... I miss all of our friends. If you should manage to get in touch, please tell them that they're thought often and fondly.

MissChievous

• Finger Food
  • The Emprah Protects
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 08:34:51 AM »
I miss my Gilfoy
"She's like our own personal Harley Quinn, except Harley looks at her and says "boy is SHE fucking nuts!"" - Agent Dee

Tesseract

• G Cup
  • Not **94** the Kool-Aid
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 10:18:21 PM »
Ahh I remember the simpler times.