gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
Re: I sense two points needing connecting here...
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2007, 08:07:36 AM »
Quote:

ThisIsNotMyName said:
Since I prefer straight lines:
(etc)

Nothin' to do today, huh?

Added later: Gabe said he'd be back "in December".

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2007, 01:10:39 AM »
I have been lock out from the member site and cant update my site, and once my user name showed my real name on the forum. I don't know what is happening to the BEA. I have requested to have Matt fix my link to the free site for which I updated them with the tutorial video, and have about 200 more 3d picture to put up. My main site been moved to a different section, which is not accessible now. I have heard that you had a major funk with the server.

So when is Matt coming back to fix it?
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

gonZo

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 06:49:16 AM »
Far as I know, Matt is still here.  He's very busy, so you probably need to write to him again.

zesk

• A Cup
I sense two points needing connecting here...
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 03:16:50 PM »
Might of been mentioned somewhere but more BE games? there has always been a shortage of them?

Goldeneye

• The Midas Look
  • The Midas Look
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2007, 01:39:42 AM »
Any idea when we might finally see improvement re: the attachment-saving thing? That's been going on for years now and my earlier post hasn't been addressed so I wanted to follow up.

Dr_Fashizzle

• Fizzle Cup
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2007, 06:55:09 PM »
The feature you are looking for is in a newer version of the UBB.threads system.

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is with the 3 step process we have now. A minor annoyance at best. Also, I kinda appreciate the chance to check my morph "in the wild" before everyone else can directly see it, and the chance to edit my post for free.

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2007, 09:15:22 PM »
Quote:

Dr_Fashizzle said:
The feature you are looking for is in a newer version of the UBB.threads system.

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is with the 3 step process we have now. A minor annoyance at best. Also, I kinda appreciate the chance to check my morph "in the wild" before everyone else can directly see it, and the chance to edit my post for free.

Agreed... though perhaps a bit troublesome, the extra step required to display an attachment in a post is hardly a major issue (to me). In any case, if you KNOW that such a feature has been added to a new version of the UBB forum software, you are welcome to inform Matt and Gabe and explain to them why you think the upgrade is justified. If they agree, or hear the same request from enough folks, they'll surely move up (the eventual upgrade) on their priority list for the sysadmins.

gonZo

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2007, 08:29:06 AM »
Quote:

Palomine said:
(the eventual upgrade)

(...and ensuing pandemonium...)

Palomine

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2007, 02:04:10 PM »
Quote:

gonZo said:
Quote:

Palomine said:
(the eventual upgrade)

(...and ensuing pandemonium...)

and subsequent sigh of jaded disappointment.  

ROUNDandHEAVY

• Rookie of the Year
  • My name is Bob, Round is just my favorite shape. ;
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2007, 02:34:11 AM »
last time i checked the forum was filled with oversized boobies...so what's the problem again??

Call me Bob.

Goldeneye

• The Midas Look
  • The Midas Look
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2007, 03:00:51 AM »
Quote:

Dr_Fashizzle said:

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I have absolutely no problem with the way attachments are added here and in fact like it compared to some other forums' methods. I'm talking about the problem with SAVING attachments.

Palomine

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2007, 02:34:33 PM »
 Ah, I misunderstood... sorry. You mean you don't like the string of digits that precede the filename?  

LurkingWolfen

• F Cup
  • HHmmm
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2007, 02:45:38 AM »
I think Goldeneye is referring to IE saving images as a bmp file...

If refreshing IE no longer works you can still get the pic from your temp files.

C: > Documents and Settings > Username > Local Settings > Temporary Internet Files

If you're going to be saving a lot of images you might want to  create a shortcut
to your Temporary Internet Files folder by right clicking > Send to > Desktop

After looking at the image and deciding you want to save it, simply find it in the
Temporary Internet Files
folder. Right click > copy the file, navigate to the
folder you want to put it in, and paste it in.

Here are some Caps that show what I did.

The first one is creating the shortcut, the second is copying the file, and the third is pasting it in.

Firefox has issues as well. (save as download.php)  I don't remember you using it, but if you are...

Select Tools > Page Info.

Highlight > Right click > Copy the file name of the image.

Right click image, select Save Image As...

Paste file name into File Name box and Save.

Lurking "Me like Opera" Wolfen

Dr_Fashizzle

• Fizzle Cup
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2007, 05:36:23 PM »
FYI. Dragging an image to your desktop (or folder) usually works better than "save as".

Some browsers require you to click on the BEA Forum image/link so that only the image appears on the browser before you can drag the image to your disk.

However, i have noticed recently that some uploaded images are suddenly not draggable, no matter what.  I don't know why the server/browser thinks these are different, but these particular images oddly require a "save as". This only started in the last month AFAIK.

I never experienced this before at the BEA forum. It's as if the server tells the browser not to cache a small percentage of the uploaded pics. I can't find an explanation by simply eyeballing it. :/

AgentDee

• Boob, James Boob
  • I LOVE GIANT TITS!
    • AgentDee's Youtube Page
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2008, 07:24:32 PM »
i have another suggestion to the forum, how about a 'who's online' icon?  i see some forum software has this feature.  and the ability to embed you tube videos would be a nice idea too instead of just having the link.  on some forums its a code like the IMG but it is [yt] or [youtube].  just some ideas that i had on the back of my head.

Want a custom avatar?

"Well gosh, breast men are the best men, you know, *giggles* I love you all."
"You know your boobs are too big when a guy stands up to let u thru to your seat and despite him leaning back I boobed him back in his seat."
Chelsea Charms

Special Agent: Dee
MiB; Division 6, NYC