gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
Re: Old Zorro - thoughts and such......
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 10:50:18 AM »
I`m sorry for your loss.

....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 12:28:22 PM »
Quote:

I`m sorry for your loss.

Yes Z, what goober said... please accept my condolences.  

DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
Re: Old Zorro - Aftermath.....
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 08:44:48 AM »
I salute Old Zorro -- and, having read this, I also take your advice to heart, about not taking one's own presumed "immortality" for granted.

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
  • Morphs are updated each week!
    • Zorro" Zorromorphs @ Shutterfly
Old Zorro - A year later
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 11:35:11 AM »
It is hard to believe that a year has passed since my dad's death.

My life has gone through many changes since that time a year ago.

I departed Florida and moved to Maryland where I had my own battle with chronic depression and PTSD. I could not find work there and eventually relocated again to Hampton, Virginia staying at the Salvation Army Transit Housing Unit for 6 months.

Due to the kindness and help of a lot of people, from my children and here on the BEA (Cheviot and Round & Heavy), I have bounced back!

One sad and disappointing thing though. My sister made sure she got my father's entire estate, cutting me out of everything.  

I am not bitter or angry though, because I have something her heroin drugged daughter will never give her and that is my grandchildren. She can't buy any, or steal any, and she will more than likely die a bitter and lonely person.

I am grateful for what little I do have though and will continue on with what I consider my family now.....just my ch1ldren and grandch1ldren.

I have learned no matter what life deals you, you just have to go on and make the best of what comes your way.  
WHEN STARTING OR ANSWERING THREADS/POSTS, LINKS ARE SHOWN TO PROVIDE SOURCE INFORMATION INSTEAD OF JUST COPYING/PASTING PERSONAL OPINIONS.

prinz

• Z Cup
Re: Old Zorro - A year later
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 10:24:45 AM »
good to hear life is getting a little better for you blackshoe...Its wonderful you have a good relationship with your children and now grandchildren...Bravo Zulu my friend..

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 10:01:09 PM »
It's been 3 years now.

Not much has changed.
I still get a bit sad when I think of how long it has been since I started this thread.

I realized that as time goes on the sadness is not that  much to dwell on.

One good thing is that my youngest grandson no longer has that pissed look.

However his older brother has the old man's temper.   :o

This is my uncle and my father in 1924. My dad is the one with the pissed off look in the sailor suit.

The exact same look he had in his casket.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:03:17 PM by Zorro »
WHEN STARTING OR ANSWERING THREADS/POSTS, LINKS ARE SHOWN TO PROVIDE SOURCE INFORMATION INSTEAD OF JUST COPYING/PASTING PERSONAL OPINIONS.

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
Re: Old Zorro - 4 years now
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 06:39:07 PM »
Another year has passed and a lot has happened since the old man died.

I am now living comfortably on my pension and feel pretty good.

Not having to go to work has it's advantages...... no putting up with egotistical idiots who have lived about a 6th of my lifespan and in most cases it is because they show cleavage and/or have huge boobs.

Not that I am complaining mind you, but even with the beautiful scenery it did not help my wallet at all.

As you can see, life goes on and I am dealing with it as best I am able to.

By the way here is a morph to cheer you up.

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 07:52:18 AM »
Yesterday my grandson turned 5!

Today marks 5 years since my dad died.

Nothing much has happened since last year's update and I am doing fine.

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 07:13:16 PM »
Zorro, I've gone through this thread several dozen times over the years, but I haven't thanked you (until now) for posting it. Thank you. Our fathers weren't very different. Mine grew up in Texas, lived thru the Depression, and took the opportunity provided by World War Two to get away from Texas, his family, and an ex-wife. During training at Camp Lewis (Now "Joint Base Lewis-McCord" or JBLM in militarese) he found a place where water was ample and trees grew, and returned here after being discharged.

Dad worked for various obscure federal agencies--The Army Tugboat Service, the dear old Navy BuShips--and retired at 62 and watched television for thirty years. He and I got to know each other when he discovered (thanks to an FBI visit) the extent of my invovement in the antiwar and antidraft movements. For about a year he and I talked about it, and agreed to disagree.

When Dad turned 90 in 1998, and Mom had been dead for ten years, he agreed to move into an assisted living facility. It was a memorable move because it took place during the WTO demonstrations, and we had to cross a bunch of police lines to get him moved. By then his dementia was kicking up; he had good days and bad days. On the good days we talked about a lot of things, including what medical interventions he didn't want. By the time doctors were asking me what he wanted, I was glad for those discussions.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 07:26:02 AM »
pedonbio, my dad was also born in Texas. in little town, just across the Rio Grande, called Mission.

I too was fortunate to see him just a few weeks before he died. He too would have good and bad hours instead of days mostly due to the morphine.

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 02:49:32 AM »
I almost forgot to update this thread.

Things are about the same with me and I am happy but not too content.

Thanks to all for their condolences offered over the years.

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 08:27:11 PM »
It appears that my father's death began the march of his siblings.

If I hadn't said it before my father had 4 sisters and one brother.

In the years since his passing 2 of his sisters and his only brother have joined him in to their final resting place.

It is sort of ironic that the 2 remaining sisters used to fight and argue all the time even to old age.

I found out a lot of this information from my Tia Maria tonight in chat on FB.

I hope to make a trip to Fort Wayne IN as well as my 45th high school reunion in Canonsburg PA this year.

Well that's it for now.

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2014, 10:33:27 PM »
My father will be turning 90 this coming October. He was born in old Mexico and was oldest of 13 brothers and sisters. His mind is sharp as a tack but his feet are crap which frustrate his mobility. He lives west of Toronto for the last 40 years and was telling me on the phone this is the worst, coldest winter since he moved there in 1973. So far he has lost two siblings to cancer. The rest are mostly in good heath. My father has taken good care of himself which explains his durability. Unlike him, I've treated my body badly and at 57 I look older than he did at 70. It is nobody's fault but mine. When I read your pappy was born in Mission, Texas I immediately thought of the most famous person who came from there, Tom Landry, legendary coach of the Dallas Cowboys from 1960 to 1989.

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 03:33:36 AM »
The majority of my father's side of the family stayed in Dallas, TX except for my aunt Maria who has lived in Ft Wayne, IN.

Way back in the 1960's both her and the other remaining sister as well as my grandparents lived there.

My mother's side of the family were from West Virginia and after WW2 ended up in Pennsylvania.

I believe if my mother had been latino I no doubt would have been a TexMex like all of my cousins!

Ahh these trips down memory lane are sometimes both painful and sad, but in a way it makes me feel better to remember those days.

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 06:02:45 PM »

I hope to make a trip to Fort Wayne IN as well as my 45th high school reunion in Canonsburg PA this year.

My 50th is coming up as well, and I keep getting emails awaiting my response. Oh, Gawd! The last one I went to was my 20th; the ex-wife from that class showed up with her then-current husband who, being from the East Coast, felt it was necessary to get snorting **92** and offer me his views of me as a human being. The young lady I had brought along happened to be a psychologist, who offered the opinion that the happy couple were probably on the rocks, so I wasn't surprised when they divorced a few years later.

So my excuse for not going will continue to be: I have too many ex-wives in that class.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.