• M Cup
    • www.bearchive.com/~blax12
Re: The british and the Americans
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2008, 04:44:28 AM »
Quote:

BarnacleBill said:

@Blax12
England = Duran Duran  
American = Metallica   (Metallica helped close down Napster, the greedy sons of bitches.  I hate Metallica)
Also, even with America's problems, I'd still probably live here than Italy.  Nothing against Italy... I can't speak Italian, and also, I don't think Italian women would like me... they seem to like the suave, thrilling macho men...  not dour, sarcastic cynics like me.  

Italian women love idiotic sons of a bitch, like any other women on this planet...  

Shara

• Cup Runneth O'er
  • version 1.337
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 07:26:57 AM »
mmmm... I'd prolly go with the US. although (in agreement with munch) OLD british tv-shows are way better than American.... However the crap they're putting forth nowadays ... the US only has one major downside to me and that is about to be resolved soon (go Hill-dog (or for as far as I care) go Obama). If I could pick any country to live it'd prolly be Canada
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers

Shara

• Cup Runneth O'er
  • version 1.337
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2008, 07:28:33 AM »
Quote:

The Post Modern Prometheus said:
"England = persecuted the Irish (I mean... c'mon, they obviously deserved a lot of that)"

Oh really?

Would you be so kind as to elaborate on that BarnacleBill?

I'm guessing it was a racist joke  , LET THE FIGHTS BEGIN
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2008, 09:14:12 AM »
Quote:

The Post Modern Prometheus said:
"England = persecuted the Irish (I mean... c'mon, they obviously deserved a lot of that)"
Oh really?

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to the Irish for the potato famine of 150 years ago.  

Sorry we didn't help.
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

MasterDragonfly

• Oh My God Cup
  • sponsor of collared_cherri's 1000cc implants
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 09:55:45 AM »
Quote:

Hiram said:
Yes, better than the Americans.  I still reckon Canadians (I know its a generalization) are too polite, compared to your average Aussie that is.

I'll buy that for a buck.

I had a former manager (in Kansas) who underscored that point.  I don't recall particulars, but he said something to the effect of "Canadians need to learn how to say 'Not just no, but fuck no.'"

Quote:

Quote:

I'll have to re-acclimatize myself with saying "thank you" instead of the more common American "uh-huh".

Or probably better, 'cheers mate' (depending on situation)

Good point.  And cherri has already been grooming me in that regard.    That and various other common expressions: moby, cozzers, slab (of beer), bottle-o, ....

Quote:

If you're right handed, you'll find driving on the left better.  

I actually am right handed.  And I love using my right hand to slam through the gears in a standard transmission.  I'll have to get used to awkwardly working my way through the gears with my left hand; my guess is I'll probably end up shoving it into reverse while cruising along.  My left hand is also well trained at finessing the steering wheel, turn signal, headlights, electric door lock, opening/closing the door.  In fact, my left hand rarely leaves the steering wheel, leaving my right (dominant) hand to do pretty much everything else: shift gears, operate wipers, adjust radio, juggle CDs, grab lip balm, operate GPS, ....

Quote:

90% of English houses are made of brick - heating systems are normally heated water.

What's normally used for air conditioning?

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2008, 11:32:23 AM »
Quote:

MasterDragonfly said:
What's normally used for air conditioning?

The windows

I have AC in my car - but in houses we're way backward.
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2008, 11:40:35 AM »
Quote:

MasterDragonfly said:
I actually am right handed.  And I love using my right hand to slam through the gears in a standard transmission.

I take your point on that.  We're both going to be conditioned by practice.

I've done both left and right handed manual transmissions.  

Either way is ok - but I favor left hand drive so my steering hand (my strongest) is my right hand.

CyberGump2

• B Cup
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2008, 01:17:45 PM »
Quote:

BarnacleBill said:
the British girls are cuter, funnier, and have bigger boobs.

Yes but they are much harder to approach and chat up... we are becoming a nation of singletons

Quote:

British music is always better than American crap.

Well I like a lot of American rock bands Green Day, foo fighters etc

Quote:

England hasn't been taken over by Spanish-speaking media and culture.

Yes but instead we have a lot of home bred Jihadis.

Quote:

English politians are held accountable (unlike American politicians).

don't you believe it  !! politics corrupts regardless of nationality

Quote:

English people are smarter and more civilized than Americans.

We have our fair share of CHAVs and pikeys (hicks)

Quote:

English patriotism = "we saved the world's ass in WWII by refusing to surrender to a bigger, stronger, better-financed Nazi German force"

TRUTH: we came close to losing: in 1940 we left most of ours tanks / vehicals / artillery at Dunkirk, The luftwaffe could have won the battle of britain if they had not changed tactic to bombing London.  
Without Americas help the Russians would have won and would have probably occupied western Europe.

Quote:

England = the Mini-cooper  
America = the Hummer (compensation for tiny penis syndrome)

Aston Martin, Jaguar, TVR , Nobel...shame we can no longer manufacture affordable cars!!

Quote:

England = persecuted the Irish (I mean... c'mon, they obviously deserved a lot of that)  
America = persecuted the Indians  

Never , Never , Never pick a fight with anyone Irish.... It took us 800 years to get away.
England also persecuted the Indians , I mean the ones in India!  

Quote:

England = universal healthcare
America = if you're rich, you live the good life... if you're poor, you die early or live out the rest of your life in bankruptcy from medical bills

It only comes free if your unemployed, the rest of us pay a tax called "National Insurance" which is deducted from our monthly pay packets.

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2008, 11:48:32 AM »
Quote:

CyberGump2 said:It only comes free if your unemployed, the rest of us pay a tax called "National Insurance" which is deducted from our monthly pay packets.

Good point, I forgot about NI.

Mind you, fuel duty pays for a lot of the NHS.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2008, 02:25:12 PM »
Hey, if it were not for the NI, the world would not have had the reggae group named after the unemployment benefits forms that you have to fill out to collect it...of course, I refer to UB40

-- TheZookie "There's a rat in mi kitchen, what am I gonna do?..." 007
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »
Quote:

BarnacleBill said:
@BillN
Oh wait... I do know some people who would rather stay in America.  One of my rich friends would hate to move to England because he's a greedy bastard who would rather die than pay higher taxes.  He is the classic "southern gentleman" who benefited from growing up rich and connected in the South and went to best schools, was groomed for upper level management at young age... he knows nothing of culture, politics, history or literature.  

I don't know how to break this to you, Bill, but growing up rich and well-connected most anywhere is a distinct advantage. On the other hand, someday it may help to have friends in trailer parks. That's when I'll take over the world. Yeah.

Quote:

I know some other people who have the same kneejerk patriotism in American that you do.  A patriotism that may once have been deserved, but that is now misplaced, as America has changed so fundamentally for the worse (i.e. controlled by Big Business and turned into a predatory capitalistic oligarchy where billionaires all get together and metaphorically drink the blood of the workers) that the America of today is NOT the America of even 25 years ago.

I'm so old I can remember when, in the aftermath of WW II, it was widely believed that invading another country was considered both evil and wrong. It's even in the UN Charter, somewhere.

Quote:

@pedonbio
I just cannot get on the Mexican bandwagon with you, Charlie.  The only Mexicans I know are either packs of 10 or more dirty adult men, who obviously travel in packs like hyenas, rudely staring at my girlfriend as we shop in Walmart late at night, or else they are building/repairing houses in my neighborhood... obviously underpaid illegals taking jobs/income away from legal Americans.  I just cannot stomach how all politicians are OWNED in America by Big Business and won't take a stand to truly shut down the migration from Mexico.  Lou Dobbs for President 2008!!

Hey, that's what happens when you have such a hot girlfriend!!
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2008, 06:16:27 PM »
Quote:

BarnacleBill said:
Everyone I know wishes they could leave America and move to England.

Why?  Mainly to get away from George W. Bush, but also, England is so much better in many ways...

the British girls are cuter, funnier, and have bigger boobs.

England hasn't been taken over by Spanish-speaking media and culture.

English politians are held accountable (unlike American politicians).

English people are smarter and more civilized than Americans.

English patriotism = "we saved the world's ass in WWII by refusing to surrender to a bigger, stronger, better-financed Nazi German force"

American patriotism = "let's go invade other countries under false pretenses and piss off every other country with our pretentious asshattery!"

England = Beatles  
America = The Monkees  

England = Monty Python  
America = Martin  

England = the Mini-cooper  
America = the Hummer (compensation for tiny penis syndrome)

England = persecuted the Irish (I mean... c'mon, they obviously deserved a lot of that)  
America = persecuted the Indians  

I wish I could move to England and renounce my American citizenship.

England = universal healthcare
America = if you're rich, you live the good life... if you're poor, you die early or live out the rest of your life in bankruptcy from medical bills

God save the Queen!!

England = "God Save the Queen" played by Queen, live at Wembley, 1986
America = "I'm Proud to be an American" played by Lee Greenwood, live at Dollywood, 1993

Though some of these are funny, they're of course generalizations/sterotypes... after all, Tony Blair was basically George Bush lite just like Italy's Silvio Berlusconi is George Bush on 'roids.

I lived and worked in the UK... enjoyed it very much for the most part. Back in the states for years now, I still enjoy BBC radio/tv and even a bit of Marmite now and again.

Inherency

• P Cup
    • Inorganic Orbs
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2008, 09:13:23 PM »
Quote:

BarnacleBill said:

AZWolf

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2008, 12:40:53 AM »
Quote:

Inherency said:
Quote:

BarnacleBill said:

Spice Girls?

It's such a rich vein of opportunity, but need I say more?
Dawn, n.  The time of day when men of reason go to bed.

Pray, v.  To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.

--  Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

ELESIS

• F Cup
  • United Kingdom
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2008, 08:20:54 AM »
Both English and American music is good, it just depends if the bands good or not.

how many of you like doctor who (david tenant/Christopher eccleson) or have seen the episode's

now thats british televison.
"Just Call ME E!" (Like My work, Make a Comment, It only takes a few Seconds)

"Be A Part Of The Forum, Why Not Contribute!."