SwitcherX

• Legend
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5520 on: December 20, 2016, 12:45:53 AM »
The electors voted.  Trump is officially president.

More Dem electors defected from Hillary than GOP electors defected from Trump.

There is no emoticon that can convey how funny that is.
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister

"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

luvdemwhoppers

• T Cup
  • Don Pauleboy
« Reply #5521 on: December 20, 2016, 02:46:23 AM »
a painful loss
I'm walkin' here

« Reply #5522 on: December 20, 2016, 05:35:05 AM »
This is already enough to lock him away for years - safely.

Then Hillary should be executed, her body cremated, and then her ashes shot into a black hole.

Look. I knew the altright in the different countries created political persecution lists, lists to chase people down and detach them from their jobs and elemenate everything they worked on.
But I didn't know they created death lists for executions. But I learned something new with your answer.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 06:22:10 AM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

StrikezOne

• In Need Now More Than Ever
    • Email
« Reply #5523 on: December 20, 2016, 04:34:49 PM »

Then Hillary should be executed, her body cremated, and then her ashes shot into a black hole.

Look. I knew the altright in the different countries created political persecution lists, lists to chase people down and detach them from their jobs and elemenate everything they worked on.
But I didn't know they created death lists for executions. But I learned something new with your answer.

Has anyone other than Politico noted that, even though now as President-Elect he is completely eligible for Secret Service protection (it's their job), Trump is still maintaining a private security detail, unlike every other modern President? And he intends to keep some of them on after he is inaugurated?

After the current assassination of the Russian Ambassador in Turkey (who killed him?) and  considering the fact that the secret service did NOT prevent 4 assassinations; Lincoln, Kennedy, McKinley, Garfield..... and their complete incompetence on 9/11...

Is it really a that much of a "bawmahgawd! Trump is unfit to be prez!" wonder why he chose professionals?
Dark Brandon quietly doing his job:

Highest Inflation in 40yrs
Highest Gas Prices Ever
Forced Vax on Millions of healthy Americans
Highest Mortgage rates in 15yrs
Most Illegal Border Crossings in US History
Loss of Energy Independence
High Taxes
High Crime
Afghanistan Disaster
Nordstream 2 Pipeline
Hunter Corruption/Treason
Vacations > Ohio Train Derailment, Maui Fires
WW3
America LAST

Robin_K2

• A Cup
« Reply #5524 on: December 20, 2016, 05:07:39 PM »
Reading upthread that "Hillary should be executed," and the last post which hints of the untimely death of our president-elect -- whom I despise -- I have requested moderator attention to this thread.

I am not a mod. But I believe that such discussion invites unwanted attention to the BEA. In fact, on any discussion board it is actionable.

CarlTL

• ZZZ Cup
  • King of the Avatars
« Reply #5525 on: December 20, 2016, 08:44:52 PM »

Has anyone other than Politico noted that, even though now as President-Elect he is completely eligible for Secret Service protection (it's their job), Trump is still maintaining a private security detail, unlike every other modern President? And he intends to keep some of them on after he is inaugurated?

After the current assassination of the Russian Ambassador in Turkey (who killed him?) and  considering the fact that the secret service did NOT prevent 4 assassinations; Lincoln, Kennedy, McKinley, Garfield..... and their complete incompetence on 9/11...

Is it really a that much of a "bawmahgawd! Trump is unfit to be prez!" wonder why he chose professionals?

The Secret Service wasn't assigned to protect the president until after the assassination of President McKinley in 1901.

Now how did the service screw up on 9/11?

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #5526 on: December 20, 2016, 10:10:50 PM »
One final look at the popular vote tally.

If you add the number of votes for third party candidates to Clinton's total, that means that more than half of the votes for president went to someone other than Trump. And if you take into account the low turnout of voters - and also note that in fourteen states, more people voted in "down-ballot" races than for president - the breakdown looks like the chart below (assuming 232 million eligible voters).

So what the 73% of America that did NOT vote for Trump needs to do is get up off their asses and actually work to stop him.

http://www.indivisibleguide.com/
INDIVISIBLE: A practical guide For resisting the Trump agenda
Former congressional staffers reveal best practices for making Congress listen.

And don't forget to bother your state governments, too. Else you could wind up like North Carolina.....
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

Cutter

• X Cup
« Reply #5527 on: December 21, 2016, 08:40:38 AM »
Wind up like NC in which way, there are so many.

Currently in the works.

1.  NC Legislature voted a literal surprise session to reduce and limit the power of the Governor. >  All the extra powers that they voted their Republican Gov they have now removed AND have placed extra restrictions on the office of Gov.

2. NC Legislature is also going about repealing HB2. (The Bathroom bill)

I know that there is more embarrassing things happening but I'm too tired and busy to look them up.
Cutter

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!

My DVD   http://mightyo.site.aplus.net/ussclamagoretourdvd.com/

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #5528 on: December 21, 2016, 08:42:06 PM »
A Republican state legislature drawing Congressional district boundaries to help keep the Republicans in power.

That same legislature getting caught trying to restrict voting access in direct violation of the Voting Rights Act. They basically took a study showing what things were most popular in African-American areas (early voting, easy registration, etc.) and came up with a set of restrictions that specifically ("Surgical precision", said the judge who struck down the proposed laws) targeted those things.

Basically, it's the GOP doing everything possible - other than appeal to the majority of voters - to stay in power.
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

Cutter

• X Cup
« Reply #5529 on: December 22, 2016, 05:34:50 AM »
And of no surprise, the repeal of the bathroom bill has failed.

NC just told corporations that they can keep their money and spend it in other states.
Cutter

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!

My DVD   http://mightyo.site.aplus.net/ussclamagoretourdvd.com/

Robin_K2

• A Cup
« Reply #5530 on: December 23, 2016, 04:27:17 PM »
And of no surprise, the repeal of the bathroom bill has failed.

NC just told corporations that they can keep their money and spend it in other states.

Quoted for truth.

StrikezOne

• In Need Now More Than Ever
    • Email
« Reply #5531 on: December 23, 2016, 10:33:34 PM »
The Secret Service wasn't assigned to protect the president until after the assassination of President McKinley in 1901.

Now how did the service screw up on 9/11?

Is that so? Okay, I will take your word for it. Thank you for that.

As far as 9/11 goes... Well, I guess I was referring to the whole US gov in general. Total incompetence. But lets not go down that rabbit hole.

One final look at the popular vote tally.

If you add the number of votes for third party candidates to Clinton's total, that means that more than half of the votes for president went to someone other than Trump. And if you take into account the low turnout of voters - and also note that in fourteen states, more people voted in "down-ballot" races than for president - the breakdown looks like the chart below (assuming 232 million eligible voters).

So what the 73% of America that did NOT vote for Trump needs to do is get up off their asses and actually work to stop him.

Annnnd what % of America did NOT vote for Hillary if we add the number of third party candidates to Trumps total?

Trump has also mentioned that if it were a popular vote race, he would have campaigned very differently - which is true.

In other words..... *yawn*

In other news...

Vladimir Putin praised U.S. President-elect Donald Trump on Friday, saying he had his finger on the pulse of U.S. society, and launched a scathing attack on the Democrats, saying they had forgotten the meaning of their own name and were sore losers.

Speaking at his annual news conference in Moscow, Russia's president said that only Russia had believed that Trump would become the next president of the United States, but that did not mean the Democrats had the right to blame him for their defeat.

"The current administration and the leadership of the Democratic Party are trying to blame all their failures on external factors," Putin told reporters.

"(We are talking about) a party which has clearly forgotten the original meaning of its own name," Putin said, accusing the Democrats of "shamelessly" abusing their status as the ruling party to try to influence public opinion.

"Outstanding figures in American history from the ranks of the Democratic Party would likely be turning in their graves. Roosevelt certainly would be," he said.
Dark Brandon quietly doing his job:

Highest Inflation in 40yrs
Highest Gas Prices Ever
Forced Vax on Millions of healthy Americans
Highest Mortgage rates in 15yrs
Most Illegal Border Crossings in US History
Loss of Energy Independence
High Taxes
High Crime
Afghanistan Disaster
Nordstream 2 Pipeline
Hunter Corruption/Treason
Vacations > Ohio Train Derailment, Maui Fires
WW3
America LAST

moobs

• A Cup
« Reply #5532 on: December 25, 2016, 02:33:57 AM »
If you add the number of votes for third party candidates to Clinton's total, that means that more than half of the votes for president went to someone other than Trump.

And if you add the number of votes for third party candidates to Trump's total, that means that more than half of the votes for president went to someone other than Hillary. See, two can play that game.

Face it, Hillary lost. She didn't campaign in Wisconsin, where she lost to Bernie in the primaries, during the general. She did it to herself and have her to thank for president Trump. I think supporters like you need some introspection to get your head out of your you-know-what and think about why you lost otherwise, you're just gonna give yourself another 4 years of Trump.

Oh and Obama "the constitutional scholar" just signed Big Brother into law: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-24/obama-signs-countering-disinformation-and-propaganda-act-law

Happy f*cking Christmas America.

Ninjaturtle

• XXX Cup
« Reply #5533 on: December 25, 2016, 01:15:56 PM »
what the 73% of America that did NOT vote for Trump needs to do is get up off their asses and actually work to stop him.

http://www.indivisibleguide.com/
INDIVISIBLE: A practical guide For resisting the Trump agenda
Former congressional staffers reveal best practices for making Congress listen.

And don't forget to bother your state governments, too. Else you could wind up like North Carolina.....

This I can get behind. The American people need to band together to stop our own leader.

SwitcherX

• Legend
« Reply #5534 on: December 27, 2016, 01:40:25 AM »
Stop him before it's too late.
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister

"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty