rtpoe

• Old Fart
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5580 on: January 19, 2017, 10:00:46 PM »
It's said that the White House is haunted by the ghosts of its former residents...

One hopes that Theodore Roosevelt will stop by to give Donnie Boy many sleepless nights:

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." - Editorial in the Kansas City Star, 5/7/1918

Harry Truman also has reason to give him a talking-to. When Truman left office, it was before Congress had approved any sort of pension for former presidents. He had to get by on little more than his old Army pension of $112.56 a month. He got many offers to serve on assorted corporate boards, but as he wrote in his 1960 book "Mr. Citizen":

"I turned down all of those offers. I knew that they were not interested in hiring Harry Truman, the person, but what they wanted to hire was the former President of the United States. I could never lend myself to any transaction, however respectable, that would commercialize on the prestige and the dignity of the office of the Presidency."

Truman even declined a special Congressional Medal of Honor later in life, telling Congress that he didn't think he'd done anything to deserve it.
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

StrikezOne

• In Need Now More Than Ever
    • Email
« Reply #5581 on: January 20, 2017, 03:51:38 PM »
Will Obama go down as one of, if not the worst president ever in the history of the United States? He used more time than Reagan, Bush, and Clinton combined in his farewell address talking about himself but libs say Trump is full of himself. Remember, you had to vote to secure "his legacy!"

Die hard social justice warriors and radical liberals dont think hes the worst, they may think hes the best, but lets look at the top 10 reasons why Obama was the worst president ever!

1. Race relations.
Majority of Americans agree that its way worse right now. Only what fitted the narrative was driven home. Hands up, dont shoot!

2. Economy.
He rewarded failure. The US is $9,330,000,000,000.00 more in debt. Obamanomics in a nutshell = buy jeans for $150 that are $200 off and you say "hey, i made $200 today!"

3. Healthcare.
Heathcare.gov, how much did that cost? Are more people covered? Yeah, because it was made illegal if your not. Catastrophe insurance.

4. Energy Independence.
How much money spent fighting "global warming?" Canada has oil and can send a pipeline down but instead US continues war for oil in countries in the Middle east.

5. Foreign Policy.
Syria "red line." Iran deal. Lybia, Benghazi. Refugees. Isis. 26,000 drone strikes in 2016. Enough said.

6. Scandals.
IRS target scandal, Fast and Furious gun running. This whole list.

7. Destroyed the DNC
Losing Congress. Congratulations.

8. Education
Common Core. Spending that leads to nothing, fracturing the black community. Incentivizing single moms. Charter Schools.

9. Ignoring Islamic Terrorism.
"theyre mad because of the Crusades!" ... really Barack?

10. Made America Politically Correct.
Enable purple haired morons getting people fired. 8 years of the victim culture.

BYE OBAMA!!!

Dark Brandon quietly doing his job:

Highest Inflation in 40yrs
Highest Gas Prices Ever
Forced Vax on Millions of healthy Americans
Highest Mortgage rates in 15yrs
Most Illegal Border Crossings in US History
Loss of Energy Independence
High Taxes
High Crime
Afghanistan Disaster
Nordstream 2 Pipeline
Hunter Corruption/Treason
Vacations > Ohio Train Derailment, Maui Fires
WW3
America LAST

Cutter

• X Cup
« Reply #5582 on: January 20, 2017, 05:03:07 PM »
Common Core was state driven not federal;  That is according to Common Cores own website.  Can't lob that to Obama.

The DNC killed themselves just like the Republicans have cut their own wrists,  seems like it's a race to see which party will die faster.

Much of the Muslim world is still actually mad about the crusades.  It is actually a rally cry when they reference ' Western Crusaders '

The 'Un'Affordable Care Act, well yes that pile of waste does belong to him and the Democrats. For the love of your country READ a bill before you send it in.  NOT : 'We have to pass this bill so we can find out what's in it.'

Cutter

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!

My DVD   http://mightyo.site.aplus.net/ussclamagoretourdvd.com/

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #5583 on: January 21, 2017, 12:20:41 AM »
I'm not clear on something. You mention "26,000 drone strikes in 2016", and then claim he ignored Islamic terrorism. So, who were those strikes against? If they weren't to target ISIS and other terrorist organizations, what was the point?

And while the Bush administration decided to ignore the mastermind behind the plot that killed 3,000 Americans in a few hours and instead lie so they could get us into a pointless war that cost tens of thousands of lives, Obama gave the go-ahead for the mission that finally killed Osama bin Laden.

(Cool Obama Fact #237: When he met the members of Seal Team Six at the White House to congratulate them in person, he found out there was a dog involved in the mission as well. He insisted on meeting the dog....)

Who ignored Islamic Terrorism again?

And on the Economy, there's the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau that helps ordinary consumers fight back against predatory banks. It's just one part of the Dodd-Frank financial reform package, proposed by the Obama administration in June 2009. By the way, how's the stock market doing? How's the unemployment rate? Especially compared to what they were when Obama took office?

With regards to the Iran deal, would you rather Iran DID have nuclear weapons?

There's also the matter of "Soft Power". No, it doesn't mean you're "soft" and get pushed around in diplomacy. It refers to things other than military might that play a role in international affairs. How well you are seen to live up to the values you profess. Moral persuasion. Cultural influence. Being the "shining city on the hill" that others want to emulate.

"A country may obtain the outcomes it wants in world politics because other countries – admiring its values, emulating its example, aspiring to its level of prosperity and openness – want to follow it. In this sense, it is also important to set the agenda and attract others in world politics, and not only to force them to change by threatening military force or economic sanctions. This soft power – getting others to want the outcomes that you want – co-opts people rather than coerces them." - Joseph Nye,  Soft Power: The Means to Success in World Politics (New York: Public Affairs, 2004).

That's where America's REAL strength lies, and that's what Obama understood.

I'm not so sure Trump gets it.

(Cool Obama Fact #2: Since pretty much his first day in office, and right up until the very end, Obama had his staff present him EVERY DAY with ten letters out of the thousands he received. He'd always personally respond to a few of them.)

Something else worthwhile? The First Amendment allows for the right "to petition the Government for a redress of grievances". In September 2011, the Obama administration launched the "We the People" website, where anyone could take advantage of that right. A petition needed 100,000 signatures to attract official attention and get a response. Some of them, like the one started in November, 2014, asking the government to "Secure resources and funding, and begin construction of a Death Star by 2016", were clearly frivolous (but that one, since it met the threshold, got a response from Paul Showcross, a White House Science and Technology advisor: "The Administration does not support blowing up planets," he wrote. "Why would we spend countless taxpayer dollars on a Death Star with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship?"). But the one from early 2013 - to "Make Unlocking Cell Phones Legal" - was just one that actually led to legislation.

I'd call that a pretty good legacy......
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.

« Reply #5584 on: January 21, 2017, 09:13:37 AM »
We already know Trumpel says what he means and he means what he says and he does (tries) what he says.

Now the question to this speech. If he doesn't use in his inauguration speech the buzz words:
- democracy
- parliament (or in US-case congress and senate)
- constitution

What does this mean?

So my opinion is, now Europe should be more than willing to provide asylum to US citizens. But I can only recommend that we in Europe have a clear eye on who we let enter our countries, to prevent right extremists do enter and todo their decaying work here, too.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 09:16:36 AM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

StrikezOne

• Email
« Reply #5585 on: January 21, 2017, 03:58:03 PM »
Common Core was state driven not federal;  That is according to Common Cores own website.  Can't lob that to Obama.

Well if that is the case, he could have vetoed that communist-like curriculum.

I'm not clear on something. You mention "26,000 drone strikes in 2016", and then claim he ignored Islamic terrorism. So, who were those strikes against? If they weren't to target ISIS and other terrorist organizations, what was the point?

Thats easy. There is a difference between counter terrorism and US imperialism. I mean, do you really think Obama was targeting ISIS or what the US calls "terrorists" in Lybia and Syria? They said they were arming the "moderates" to help fight Syrian president. And thats what it has always been about. ISIS was no coincidence my fellow boob lover.

And while the Bush administration decided to ignore the mastermind behind the plot that killed 3,000 Americans in a few hours and instead lie so they could get us into a pointless war that cost tens of thousands of lives, Obama gave the go-ahead for the mission that finally killed Osama bin Laden.

No argument here when it comes to that guy George W. But as far as Obama being the guy to "finally kill Osama bin Laden".... I am not buying that one. This is just my opinion but I believe he was dead long before that "Hey look at me! I killed bin Laden" charade. I mean, was there ANY evidence provided?

(Very hidden fact #211: Shortly after the "mission" that got "bin Laden killed," more than half the Seal Team Six that carried out that mission mysteriously died in a helicopter accident. The families demanding answers and not getting them with pretty much ZERO news coverage. One member who was not killed in that accident came out with a book to tell you all about that "mission!")

By the way, how's the stock market doing? How's the unemployment rate? Especially compared to what they were when Obama took office?

Obama did not save the auto industry, he saved the UAW. Unemployment rate? Well he actually presided over the loss of manufacturing jobs. What jobs are you talking about? Solyndra misled. The unemployment rate story you have been spoonfed is not as great as you want to think it is. %18 growth of Americans not in the labor force. Maybe you didnt understand my Obamanomics in a nutshell example.

How about you do all of us a favor and give Barack Obama one harsh criticism? Just really dig into him about something on a grand scale. None of that "he didnt walk his dog enough" BS.

Highest Gas Prices Ever
High Taxes
High Crime
Afghanistan Disaster
Nordstream 2 Pipeline
WW3
America LAST

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #5586 on: January 21, 2017, 11:40:33 PM »
I'm worried.

In a speech at the CIA, Trump blathered on about how the "media" lied about how many people were at his Inauguration. He also had his press secretary claim that the crowd there was the biggest ever.

Even given that estimating the size of a crowd is an inexact science, no sane person can agree with him. Any reasonable estimate, from Metro ridership figures to aerial photos of the Mall, show that Obama's first inauguration had around twice the attendance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/21/on-day-two-of-his-presidency-trump-wages-war-with-the-media-over-the-size-of-his-inauguration-crowd/?utm_term=.af3e87ec9778

What worries me is that someone who is that delusional cannot possibly be of sound mind. We've got rules and procedures in place for dealing with a physical illness in the President, but not when he is insane.....

On a more pleasant matter of crowds, anyone catch any of the many Women's Marches? The main one in DC had about twice as many people as the Inauguration - and as far as is known, not a single arrest. Not one. Or at least none related to the March that I've read of.

Marches took place around the world. Auckland, New Zealand. Barcelona, Spain. Accra, Ghana. Berlin, Germany. Prague, Czechia.

Some photos showing the size of the crowds (yes, the snow in Boise ID didn't keep people away. And the crowd in Chicago was so huge that they actually had to call off the "march" portion of it because they couldn't move):
rtpoe

StrikezOne

• Email
« Reply #5587 on: January 22, 2017, 01:15:58 AM »
Can you please stop fearmongering?

Obama said race relations are better now than they were 10 years ago. But you kept quiet on that. Was that insane?

Jesus Christ. Now can you answer me this question:

How about you do all of us a favor and give Barack Obama one harsh criticism? Just really dig into him about something on a grand scale. None of that "he didnt walk his dog enough" BS.

Highest Gas Prices Ever
High Taxes
High Crime
Afghanistan Disaster
Nordstream 2 Pipeline
WW3
America LAST

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #5588 on: January 22, 2017, 02:41:02 AM »
I'm worried.
Not sure why.  What Trump says and what he does maybe a different thing.  He isn't a politician in the recent sense - he's a businessman.  I bet it wont be half as bad as the lefties say it will be.

He has said and done some very inappropriate things, but then who of us haven't.  But I kinda like the blunt speaking. 

As for the women's march - everyone has the right to a peaceful protest.  But I don't get why people in London and other places abroad have been protesting - not really anything to do with them.
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

« Reply #5589 on: January 22, 2017, 06:02:43 AM »
I'm worried.
Not sure why.  What Trump says and what he does maybe a different thing.  He isn't a politician in the recent sense - he's a businessman.  I bet it wont be half as bad as the lefties say it will be.

He has said and done some very inappropriate things, but then who of us haven't.  But I kinda like the blunt speaking. 

As for the women's march - everyone has the right to a peaceful protest.  But I don't get why people in London and other places abroad have been protesting - not really anything to do with them.

So you tell me a potential new fachist leader could rise in another country and it isn't allowed to protest?
That austrian guy should have known this before, he could have insisted on this assumption and that nobody interfere with him.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #5590 on: January 22, 2017, 09:45:20 AM »
So you tell me a potential new fachist leader could rise in another country and it isn't allowed to protest?
That austrian guy should have known this before, he could have insisted on this assumption and that nobody interfere with him.
No, I didn't say people couldn't protest, but my point is; if something is in another country it isn't any of their concern unless it is going to directly them. Nothing has happened yet - just rhetoric.

As for interfering in other countries. It is my understanding war wasn't declared until Hitler invaded Poland.  He'd already invaded and Austria before that.  So if Trump wants to invade Canada or wage war in any other way, I'll be first to protest.  But that hasn't happened yet has it.

And, I'd like to point out - interfering in the Middle East hasn't gone too well has it.
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

« Reply #5591 on: January 22, 2017, 11:36:22 AM »
No, I didn't say people couldn't protest, but my point is; if something is in another country it isn't any of their concern unless it is going to directly them. Nothing has happened yet - just rhetoric.

As for interfering in other countries. It is my understanding war wasn't declared until Hitler invaded Poland.  He'd already invaded and Austria before that.  So if Trump wants to invade Canada or wage war in any other way, I'll be first to protest.  But that hasn't happened yet has it.

And, I'd like to point out - interfering in the Middle East hasn't gone too well has it.

Well for that austrian guy who wanted to rule Germany for 1000 years it would have been helpful if very early internationally strong consequences would have happened. Instead the world came to olypic games. They were watching how he annected Austria, the regions Böhmen and Mähren in former Tschekosolvak republic ... etc.

This was called appeasement. And it didn't work.

After WWII the western countries decided appeasement was wrong. I don't see this should be changed.

Ninjaturtle

• XXX Cup
« Reply #5592 on: January 22, 2017, 04:13:30 PM »
I'm worried.

In a speech at the CIA, Trump blathered on about how the "media" lied about how many people were at his Inauguration. He also had his press secretary claim that the crowd there was the biggest ever.

Even given that estimating the size of a crowd is an inexact science, no sane person can agree with him. Any reasonable estimate, from Metro ridership figures to aerial photos of the Mall, show that Obama's first inauguration had around twice the attendance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/21/on-day-two-of-his-presidency-trump-wages-war-with-the-media-over-the-size-of-his-inauguration-crowd/?utm_term=.af3e87ec9778

What worries me is that someone who is that delusional cannot possibly be of sound mind. We've got rules and procedures in place for dealing with a physical illness in the President, but not when he is insane.....

On a more pleasant matter of crowds, anyone catch any of the many Women's Marches? The main one in DC had about twice as many people as the Inauguration - and as far as is known, not a single arrest. Not one. Or at least none related to the March that I've read of.

Marches took place around the world. Auckland, New Zealand. Barcelona, Spain. Accra, Ghana. Berlin, Germany. Prague, Czechia.

Some photos showing the size of the crowds (yes, the snow in Boise ID didn't keep people away. And the crowd in Chicago was so huge that they actually had to call off the "march" portion of it because they couldn't move):
We also had a huge march here in MN yesterday. It was really empowering. :)

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #5593 on: January 23, 2017, 01:36:44 AM »
This was called appeasement. And it didn't work
Although, in the Middle East I think you'd agree we should have done less.  It could be argued that if Saddam was still there many French people would still be alive today.

I think I'm right in saying after WWII the Japanese constitution banned their military from operating overseas.  And we never saw German military outside Deutschland either have we.   
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 01:49:36 AM by Hiram »

« Reply #5594 on: January 23, 2017, 01:54:45 AM »
This was called appeasement. And it didn't work.Although, in the Middle East I think you'd agree we should have done less.  It could be argued that if Saddam was still there many French people would still be alive.

The problem is that the things in middle east were done wrong since decades. The opposite tactics of appeasement doesn't mean necessarily to declare a war.