StrikezOne

• In Need Now More Than Ever
    • Email
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #5655 on: February 12, 2017, 05:32:18 PM »
Your posts explain so much to me. so so much. It's an eye opener about the altright.

In western nations usually 25% of the people find postive things about the Nazi's.
So alt right is around 25% +/- something depending on the nation. And usually another 25% are collaborating because they see advantages for them. And the soon as the bigger part of the remaining 50% start to live in fear then you got the next Nazi-Nation being born.

your 1% is laughable trying to mislead.

My posts explain so much and eyeopener to the alt right? Such as what? Are you calling me alt right? What does alt right even mean? I think the number is actually at about 70% of Americans havent even HEARD of alt right.

25% of people are alt right? WOW. And pretty much 50% agrees with the alt right?

rtpoe, come on man. Talk to your friend here. I know you dislike Trump and everything but come on....

EDIT: Sorry. I apologize. I actually realized 5 seconds after replying that you were just trolling me. Good one, you got me. Sorry andrat.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 05:34:02 PM by StrikezOne »
Dark Brandon quietly doing his job:

Highest Inflation in 40yrs
Highest Gas Prices Ever
Forced Vax on Millions of healthy Americans
Highest Mortgage rates in 15yrs
Most Illegal Border Crossings in US History
Loss of Energy Independence
High Taxes
High Crime
Afghanistan Disaster
Nordstream 2 Pipeline
Hunter Corruption/Treason
Vacations > Ohio Train Derailment, Maui Fires
WW3
America LAST

« Reply #5656 on: February 13, 2017, 12:26:49 AM »
I'm not trolling you. A report from Germany of 2007 said this number, that 25% of people find things (not all) done in 3rd Reich good. That happens if people are undifferentiated about all right positions, when they start to believe there are some good things about it instead make clear it's evil. Look about what Bannon said about himself.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #5657 on: February 14, 2017, 09:57:08 PM »
Answer me this, Republicans.

Clinton had some e-mails with various Classified markers on a non-governmental server. For this, she was ripped a new one and eventually denied the culmination of her decades-long career in politics and public service.

Trump conducts a national security/foreign policy meeting/briefing/strategy session with the Prime Minister of Japan in the restaurant of his Mar-a-Lago resort, in full view of the other guests and staff.

What should his punishment be?
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

« Reply #5658 on: February 15, 2017, 06:49:13 AM »
Answer me this, Republicans.

Clinton had some e-mails with various Classified markers on a non-governmental server. For this, she was ripped a new one and eventually denied the culmination of her decades-long career in politics and public service.

Trump conducts a national security/foreign policy meeting/briefing/strategy session with the Prime Minister of Japan in the restaurant of his Mar-a-Lago resort, in full view of the other guests and staff.

What should his punishment be?

I already said. Lock him up!
And from his fans I only expect dishonest, bigoted answers.

I hope the people in the GOP are strong enough to end this now.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #5659 on: February 16, 2017, 10:33:11 PM »
As more revelations about Trump's Russian connection come to light, the chaos in the White House grows, and it becomes increasingly obvious that Trump cannot be made to care about even the simplest tasks of the job, Democrats in Congress start reminding their GOP fellows that the longer they stay tied to Trump, the less likely it will be that they will get re-elected.

Ryan and McConnell come around when they are reminded that A) impeachment means Pence becomes president, not Clinton, B) Pence really is a Republican, and C) he will be easy for them to control, especially given the circumstances in which he got the office.

President Pence turns out not to be the nightmare that some on the left fear, especially compared to Trump. Bannon, Conway, and the rest of that gang are told to take a hike. Democrats in Congress work to contain Pence's worst impulses; their task is made easier when they gain control of both the House and the Senate in 2018.

Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders become the "spiritual leaders" of the Democratic Party, and pull together the coalition that Obama had assembled. They go further, and manage to bring in some of the moderates on the right. Democratic power grows out in the Midwest as the GOP implodes.

Seeing that the party needs younger blood, both Warren and Sanders decline to run in 2020 (they'll be 70 and 78 respectively). Instead, they help rally the party around to get Tim Kaine nominated (Remember him? Clinton's VP candidate? Who was untouched by any of the mud slung at her? He'll be 61 in 2020....) The GOP nominates Pence for (re)election, but he simply doesn't have - and cannot get - the sort of broad national appeal you need to win.

The Democrats win it all in 2020, and restore sanity to the American government....

One can dream.....
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #5660 on: February 18, 2017, 11:11:24 PM »
As heard in Trump's press conference on Thursday:

On the leaks of information about Trump's campaign's contacts with Russia:

"Well, the leaks are real. You’re the one that wrote about them and reported them; I mean, the leaks are real. You know what they said, you saw it, and the leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake. So one thing that I felt it was very important to do — and I hope we can correct it. Because there’s nobody I have more respect for — well, maybe a little bit, but the reporters, good reporters."

To a reporter who asked him if he intends to meet with the Congressional Black Caucus:

"Let's go set up a meeting. I would love to meet with the Black Caucus. I think it's great, the Congressional Black Caucus. I think it's great."

To CNN's Jim Acosta:

"I mean, I watch CNN, it’s so much anger and hatred, and just the hatred. I don’t watch it anymore because it’s not very good. ... I think it should be straight. I think it should be — I think it would be frankly more interesting. I know how good everybody’s ratings are right now, but I think that actually — I think that’d actually be better. I don’t watch it any more because it’s very good — he’s saying no. It’s OK, Jim. It’s OK, Jim, you’ll have your chance. But I watch others too. You’re not the only one so don’t feel badly. But I think it should be straight. I think it should be — I think it would be frankly more interesting."

On whether or not he'd retaliate against Russian provocation:

"I'm not going to tell you anything about what I’m going to do. I'm not going to talk about military stuff. I will not say, “We are going to attack Mosul in four months. We are going to attack in one month. Next week, we are going to attack Mosul.” In the meantime, Mosul is very, very difficult — you know why? I don't talk about military and certain other things. You were going to be surprised to hear that, by the way, my whole campaign I said that. I don't have to tell you."

On the term "Fake News" undermining confidence in the media:

"Look, I want to see an honest press. When I started off today by saying that it's so important to the public to get an honest press. The press — the public doesn't believe you people anymore. Now, maybe I had something to do with that. I don't know. But they don't believe you. If you were straight and really told it like it is, as Howard Cosell used to say, right?"

On trying to convince the public that the leaks about Flynn and Russia were "fake news":

"By the way, it would be great if we could get along with Russia. Just so you understand that. Tomorrow, you will say, "Donald Trump wants to get along with Russia; this is terrible." It is not terrible. It is good. We had Hillary Clinton try to do a reset. We had Hillary Clinton give Russia 20 percent of the uranium in our country. You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things."

Note: The "20% of the uranium" and Clinton? That was a deal where Russia's nuclear power agency bought a controlling stake in a Canadian company that held what amounted to 20% of the US' *production capacity*, not uranium itself. And the deal was approved by eight federal agencies in addition to the State Dept., and several other state and independent agencies and regulators, and Russia still cannot export uranium from the US.

More on Russia:

"If Russia and the United States actually got together and got along — and don't forget, we're a very powerful nuclear country, and so are they. There's no upside. We're a very powerful nuclear country, and so are they. I have been briefed. And I can tell you one thing about a briefing that we're allowed to say because anybody that ever read the most basic book can say it: Nuclear holocaust would be like no other."

Does this sound like a man who is right in the head? Someone who has all his marbles? Is playing with a full deck?
rtpoe

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #5661 on: February 19, 2017, 12:30:42 AM »
I lit a bottle rocket inside the house once, and it went in about 50 different directions for 10 seconds and then exploded.

That press conference lasted 77 minutes, but it was basically the same thing.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #5662 on: February 21, 2017, 12:07:35 AM »
It's only "fake news" when they say anything that he doesn't like (i.e. that is true). Otherwise he not only believes it, he repeats it near-verbatim. Witness him talking about "what happened in Sweden", when nothing actually did happen. Turns out that the night before Faux News broadcast something accusing refugees in Sweden of causing an increase in crime. Turns out that, surprise surprise, that was a lie as well: since 2005, the crime rate of Sweden has been falling.

The ex-Swedish PM Carl Bildt couldn't hold back his befuddlement, tweeting in part: "what has he been smoking?" And he's not the only person wondering aloud if he is on drugs or is in full-blown dementia mode -- or both.

You know things are not looking good when even Faux News anchors like Chris Wallace and Shepard Smith are spitting nails over this.

This is far from normal.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #5663 on: February 21, 2017, 12:13:50 AM »
Denver Post, Feb. 20, 2017: "How to describe President Trump’s first 30 days? Sad.", by Greg Dobbs

People told me when I first panned our new president, give him a hundred days.

I’m sorry, I tried, but he has been so rash, so reckless, we don’t need a hundred days. Thirty has been enough. Thirty has felt like a hundred.

So where are we after just 30 days of President Donald Trump?

First, because he has shown such simplistic shortsightedness on overseas policy, he already has deepened the threats we face, not diminished them. Pulling out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership is sending hard-earned Pacific Rim allies flying from our economic embrace into China’s. Trade wars now in the works from China to Mexico can raise our prices, not reduce them. Signaling weaker support for NATO nations in Europe (while still inexplicably but consistently coddling Russian President Vladimir Putin) might increase Russian aggression against Western-leaning nations, not inhibit it. Irresponsible insults against long-established allies could discourage them from joining American campaigns when we need them, not draw them closer. And Trump’s still-likely Muslim travel ban? As a recruiting tool, it’s God’s gift to terrorists.

Domestically, we already are on course to be more poorly protected from industrial pollution and financial manipulation and religious politicization and maybe even racial justice. Trump has endeavored to undermine the indispensable independence of the judiciary and demonize the irreplaceable role of the media. His autocratic approach to jobs ultimately might make industry more automated and less competitive. The “wall,” according to Homeland Security, is up to $21 billion and now we’re the ones who’ll pay for it. And so far at least, millions who finally have health insurance face a return to the ranks of the uninsured.

Already, after just 30 days, that is the president’s legacy. As he himself might say, SAD.

But the problems with this president go beyond policy. Far beyond. They go to his personality. He promised he’d be presidential. That, too, proves to be an empty pledge. He still is petulant, pugnacious, petty and impetuous. Yes, the president of the United States. For whom the truth is a lie and a lie is the truth.

Releasing those tax returns to see if he’s really the bountiful benefactor he claims he is? Now he says, not gonna happen. Truly separating himself from the fate of his family’s fortune? One word: Nordstrom. Exhibiting esteem for federal law? Not from what Trump told us Thursday at his news conference, that Michael Flynn speaking about sanctions with the Russian ambassador before Trump took office “wasn’t wrong.” Yes it was.

He also declared, “This administration is running like a fine-tuned machine.” That’s especially scary against last week’s warning by the general running our military’s Special Ops Command that the government is in “unbelievable turmoil.” Our reality-TV president is divorced from reality, making his counterfeit claim in the wake of a week when his Muslim ban was rebuffed by four federal judges, and he had to fire his dishonest national security adviser, and his preferred successor for national security adviser turned him down, and he couldn’t get the votes to confirm his labor secretary-designate, and he resorted yet again to Twitter to trash American intelligence. That’s some “fine-tuned machine.”

Which leads to Team Trump. Forget Kellyanne Conway’s “alternative facts” (once defined as “fiction”) or Stephen Bannon’s mandate for the media to “keep its mouth shut” (once defined as “Russian”). Those almost pale next to senior adviser Stephen Miller’s proclamation on Face the Nation that “the powers of the president … will not be questioned.” As comedian Seth Meyers observed, “The only way that statement could be more terrifying is if he yelled it in German.”

After 30 days, we already know our president confuses his ego-fed feelings for facts. And still goes vindictively ballistic over small slights. And loves to shake things up without knowing where the pieces will fall. If we find ourselves in a real crisis and must rely on this president’s word and judgment, how will we know that this time he’s got it right?

« Reply #5664 on: February 21, 2017, 02:35:06 AM »
Maybe it should be mentioned that Mr. Trumpel did his first sane decission for announcing McMasters as replacement for Trumpels previous desaster decission no. 386 to have Micheal Flynn in his team.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #5665 on: February 21, 2017, 08:47:23 PM »
Hey, a broken clock is right at least twice a day :)

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #5666 on: February 21, 2017, 09:00:06 PM »
Hey, a broken clock is right at least twice a day :)

Only once if it's military time. ;)

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #5667 on: February 21, 2017, 09:28:55 PM »
More on Trump's First Month, by the numbers:

Hours spent playing golf: 25
Hours spent in national security briefings: 6
Hours spent on Twitter (estimated): 13
(source)

Estimated cost of travel and security for Trump's trips to Mar-a-Lago: $10 million
Estimated cost of all of President Obama's vacations over eight years: $97 million
(source)

Number of presidential appointments requiring Senate confirmation: 549
Number of nominees submitted by Trump: 34
Number confirmed: 14
(source)
rtpoe

StrikezOne

• In Need Now More Than Ever
    • Email
« Reply #5668 on: February 22, 2017, 04:19:52 PM »
Paraphrased.

Trump: Look at Sweden and whats happening there. Look at last night (referencing report on problems in Sweden due to migrants) and all those problems.

MSM: TRUMP IS A LIAR!!! THERE WAS NO TERRORIST ATTACK IN SWEDEN THE NIGHT BEFORE!!! THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY ZERO PROBLEMS IN SWEDEN WITH IMMIGRANTS!!!! ZERO!!!!!

The next day, in immigrant district in Sweden:

Even the beloved Snopes reported on it.

Car burning crisis in Sweden

Swedish media admits to censoring stories for the last five years on migrant crime

Whoops.
Dark Brandon quietly doing his job:

Highest Inflation in 40yrs
Highest Gas Prices Ever
Forced Vax on Millions of healthy Americans
Highest Mortgage rates in 15yrs
Most Illegal Border Crossings in US History
Loss of Energy Independence
High Taxes
High Crime
Afghanistan Disaster
Nordstream 2 Pipeline
Hunter Corruption/Treason
Vacations > Ohio Train Derailment, Maui Fires
WW3
America LAST

« Reply #5669 on: February 23, 2017, 12:32:22 PM »
Paraphrased.

Trump: Look at Sweden and whats happening there. Look at last night (referencing report on problems in Sweden due to migrants) and all those problems.

MSM: TRUMP IS A LIAR!!! THERE WAS NO TERRORIST ATTACK IN SWEDEN THE NIGHT BEFORE!!! THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY ZERO PROBLEMS IN SWEDEN WITH IMMIGRANTS!!!! ZERO!!!!!

The next day, in immigrant district in Sweden:

Even the beloved Snopes reported on it.

Car burning crisis in Sweden

Swedish media admits to censoring stories for the last five years on migrant crime

Whoops.

Crisis in Australia!!!
Because a sack of rice tilted in China the nation of Australia has now a crisis!

BTW: great picture source. Except that it is from Twitter, can anybody tell what's the source of the photo and what I see there?
There is a probability that I see this:

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:39:33 PM by andrat2000 »