rtpoe

• Old Fart
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #6135 on: July 31, 2017, 06:44:41 PM »
BREAKING NEWS!

Anthony Scaramucci is out. A replacement has yet to be named. "Mr. Scaramucci felt it was best to give Chief of Staff John Kelly a clean slate and the ability to build his own team," White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said. "We wish him all the best." Apparently The Mooch and Gen. Kelly could not get along.

Yeah, riiiiiight.....

And of course, people are having fun at his expense:

Thank you Anthony Scaramucci for your service. I speak for a grateful nation when I say “has it really only been 11 days?!?” - Rep. Adam Schiff

Unfortunately for the Mooch, the minimum tenure to get invited to the annual WH Comms Directors Reunion is 3 weeks - Former Obama WH official Dan Pfeiffer

Funny thing, he left before his "official" hiring date. Does that mean he owes the gov't back pay?
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6136 on: July 31, 2017, 11:04:06 PM »

Funny thing, he left before his "official" hiring date. Does that mean he owes the gov't back pay?

Nope. He was expecting to be paid once he got permission to sell his hedge fund to the Chinese...so much for that great idea...
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #6137 on: August 01, 2017, 12:12:22 AM »
This is not normal.
Very true. It seems to be getting ridiculous now.
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

« Reply #6138 on: August 01, 2017, 12:35:09 AM »
BREAKING NEWS!

Anthony Scaramucci is out. A replacement has yet to be named. "Mr. Scaramucci felt it was best to give Chief of Staff John Kelly a clean slate and the ability to build his own team," White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said. "We wish him all the best." Apparently The Mooch and Gen. Kelly could not get along.

Yeah, riiiiiight.....

And of course, people are having fun at his expense:

Thank you Anthony Scaramucci for your service. I speak for a grateful nation when I say “has it really only been 11 days?!?” - Rep. Adam Schiff

Unfortunately for the Mooch, the minimum tenure to get invited to the annual WH Comms Directors Reunion is 3 weeks - Former Obama WH official Dan Pfeiffer

Well that's totally simple. Trumpel can't have some other guy running a dumb mouth better than himself. This hurts his ego too much that in his best discipline someone even better exists stealing him his show.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

« Reply #6139 on: August 01, 2017, 01:32:38 AM »
I think Hollywood should make a idiot-movie about Trumpel, his administrative minions, his ass crawling GOP supporters and his imbecile fans. Laugh him out of his job ...

And then take this laugher to the front of the white house day and night. Whenever a window opens someone goes in the white house garden the first thing they hear is scornful laughter.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:11:06 AM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

Cutter

• X Cup
« Reply #6140 on: August 01, 2017, 05:30:55 AM »
I think Comedy Central already has this in production.  I saw a promo for a series lampooning Trump.
Cutter

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!

My DVD   http://mightyo.site.aplus.net/ussclamagoretourdvd.com/

« Reply #6141 on: August 01, 2017, 08:25:37 AM »
I think Comedy Central already has this in production.  I saw a promo for a series lampooning Trump.

A single blockbuster would be better. The title: Trump and Trumper

But don't make the characters likeable that you finally bind with them. Let them being the idiots until the end of the movie nobody wants to be close to.

What Trumpel wants is that people laugh with him, but what his ego absolutely can't stand (for short time yes, for longer time definetely no) is that people laugh at him.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6142 on: August 01, 2017, 11:38:18 PM »

The show is called, predictably, The President Show. It stars one of the best impersonators of "the 45th and last President of the United States" (as they say at the beginning of every episode, Thursdays at 11:30 pm ET).

Mario Cantone was pitch-perfect as Anthony Scaramucci last week.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6143 on: August 02, 2017, 10:53:28 AM »

« Reply #6144 on: August 02, 2017, 04:26:52 PM »
I guess it's true: he will sign anything they put in front of him.

the biggest joke is he believed he could make far better deals.

Please help me to understand which? He is not even able to find competent staff he doesn't need to fire after a few months, weeks , no ... even days.

Who are the imbeciles who still believe he's a good dealmaker?

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #6145 on: August 02, 2017, 05:46:56 PM »
I guess it's true: he will sign anything they put in front of him.

the biggest joke is he believed he could make far better deals.

Please help me to understand which? He is not even able to find competent staff he doesn't need to fire after a few months, weeks , no ... even days.

Who are the imbeciles who still believe he's a good dealmaker?

Scaramucci was fired before he was officially working. So I am more than curious of how he even got the job in the first place? John McCain first pick for VP was Joe Lieberman, and the GOP pick out Sara Palin for him and with very little vetting of who she was. I wonder if the same people pick out Scaramucci? Are they already setting him up to fail so Pence can take over?
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6146 on: August 03, 2017, 07:17:58 PM »
Well, then.

More details of Trump's conversations are leaking out. The full transcript of an interview with the Wall Street Journal, conversations with foreign leaders...

"I will say I hate it. Look, I spoke to Putin, Merkel, Abe of Japan, to France today, and this was my most unpleasant call because I will be honest with you. I hate taking these people. I guarantee you they are bad. That is why they are in prison right now. They are not going to be wonderful people who go on to work for the local milk people." - to Australia's Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull

He makes up calls from people praising him, then has to have his mouthpieces beat a hasty retreat when he's shown to be wrong.

David Frum at The Atlantic writes that some of these leaks aren't a good sign; presidents should be able to discuss matters with world leaders in strict confidence. But Trump has already shown that he doesn't care about secrecy and confidential information. I take the growing stream of leaks as a sign that more and more people in Washington are getting fed up with the Daily Embarrassment, and would very much like to see him gone.

His poll numbers don't look good: "Trump Drops To New Low, Close To 2-1 Disapproval, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; 71 Percent Say President Is Not Levelheaded"

Highlights:

American voters disapprove 61 - 33 percent of the job he is doing.
White voters with no college degree, a key part of the president's base, disapprove 50 - 43 percent.
American voters say 54 - 26 percent that they are embarrassed rather than proud to have Trump as president.
Voters say 57 - 40 percent he is abusing the powers of his office.
60 - 36 percent say that he believes he is above the law.
Voter opinions of most other Trump qualities drop to new lows

More not good news is coming. Robert Mueller has begun impaneling a grand jury in the Russian Affair.

This is very big. This means that there's criminal activity being investigated (one doesn't waste time doing this sort of thing for a mere counterespionage inquiry), and indictments should be expected. And a grand jury investigation has a LOT more power in getting evidence and compelling testimony. "You can dodge a congressional subpoena, or finagle your way past an FBI interview, but if a grand jury subpoena gets dropped on you, unless your lawyer is very, very good, your ass is going to be in a chair and Robert Mueller is going to be looking at you," says Esquire's Charlie Pierce.

The Wall Street Journal, which broke the story, is also reporting that a Federal Grand Jury in Brooklyn has issued subpoenas seeking evidence respecting the investment-for-visas program that Jared Kushner's family allegedly was involved in.

It's going to take a while for the dragnet to close in. But it's being built as we speak.
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6147 on: August 07, 2017, 12:45:12 AM »
Remember when he said he'd be too busy in the White House to either go golfing or go on vacation?

Guess who just started a 17-day vacation, where he will spend most of that time playing golf?

(Hint: it's not President Obama.)

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6148 on: August 07, 2017, 12:53:32 AM »

I take the growing stream of leaks as a sign that more and more people in Washington are getting fed up with the Daily Embarrassment, and would very much like to see him gone.

As long as Christian Dominionist Mike Pence, anti-semite/white supremacist Steve Bannon and white supremacist Stephen Miller are in or near the White House, this country will remain in serious danger. As bad as he is, I'd rather have a President Paul Ryan than any of these other nutjobs in the post.

Bramlet

« Reply #6149 on: August 08, 2017, 11:51:41 AM »
Twitter did not clean up Shahak Shapira's (young jewish artist who lives in Germany) account that was smeared with anti-semitic, xenophobic, anti-gay, holocaust-denial etc., shortly was smeared with genuine hate-speech.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:41:01 AM by gonZo »