3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #6465 on: December 13, 2017, 09:43:56 PM »
The news pundent are really crediting the African-Americans for winning it for Jones. I think there was many aspect of how Jones won so narrowly, that if any one of them didn't go thru it would have cost Jones the election. I do however think it was a significant turn out and solidarity from the African-Americans that was spur on to their survival instinct to not let Moore's bigotry win this election. Everyone else was focus on Moore's sex scandal, but I they were more concern about Moore's racial comments of slavery being the best time for when America was great. I think the recount vote would err on the favor of Jones side, and I am sure they know it, but its a great way to delay the proceeding of letting Jones be sworn in the seat before the tax vote.

Keeping Jones from voting on the new tax bill seems like "Taxation without Representation" to me!
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

« Reply #6466 on: December 14, 2017, 11:29:37 AM »
The NYT examined how many times Trumpelstilsken with proof has been a liar with public statements since begin of his presidency:

NYT also examined how many times Obama lied:

Fun Fact: Obama lied 18 times in 2 full presidential periods.

If Trumpelstilsken continues like this and he really get 2 full periods because of the nazi extremist voters that like him so much, but he will face hard times that causes him to lie a bit more, he might be able to reach:

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:31:19 AM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6468 on: December 14, 2017, 01:40:02 PM »
https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/14/16776154/fcc-net-neutrality-vote-results-rules-repealed

They killed it!

Does he think this is a game? Fuck Ajit Pai in particular for doing this, for deliberately ignoring the voices of the people, and fucking over ALL of us.

FUCK AJIT PAI TO HELL.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #6469 on: December 14, 2017, 09:27:50 PM »
So I hear that we can still fight it in Congress to over turn it. If we can keep the pressure on them to change it back. If we don't then I think we are truly fuck!

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6470 on: December 14, 2017, 10:27:02 PM »
Don't give up just yet.

NY's AG Eric Schneiderman is leading a multi-state (12 the last time I checked) lawsuit to block the FCC from removing the Net Neutrality (NN) rules. His key point is that by his analysis, over two million of the pro-repeal comments received by the FCC were bogus - either coming from obvious bot sites, or using stolen identities.

Some examples of the cases Schneiderman's collected:

“This comment was made on July 11th, 2017. This is a fake comment... I am her son, and can confirm it was not her. [She] died of cancer on June 8th, 2017.” – Albany, NY

“I am a service member in the United States Navy. I was… on a flight from Bahrain to Boston at the time the comments were submitted.” – Florida

“My LATE husband’s name was fraudulently used after a valiant battle with cancer. This unlawful act adds to my pain that someone would violate his good name.” – Los Angeles, CA

“My 96 year old World War Two veteran father…was offended by ‘the theft of [his] good name and honor.’ Someone used his name and address without his consent.” – Thousand Oaks, CA

“As a disabled Veteran and who owned his own computer repair shop and is involved in the IT community…I find this egregious.” – Old Saybrook, CT

“This fake comment is purportedly from my father. The problem is…the comment was posted more than a year AFTER HIS DEATH!!! Good luck in prosecuting whoever desecrated the memory of a Navy reservist and Seabee.” – Stratford, CT

http://ag.ny.gov/press-release/ag-schneiderman-releases-new-details-investigation-fake-net-neutrality-comments

California and Washington are preparing state legislation to insure NN as best they can in their states.

If they can persuade whatever court gets the case(s) to put a stay on the removal of the rules while the cases are being argued, we have a good chance at coming out of it OK. If not....

---

Meanwhile....

"It’s become a grim ritual in Washington foreign-policy circles to assess the chances that the United States and North Korea stumble into war. But on Wednesday [Senator] Lindsey Graham (R-SC) did something different: He estimated the odds that the Trump administration deliberately strikes North Korea first, to stop it from acquiring the capability to target the U.S. mainland with a long-range, nuclear-tipped missile. And the senator’s numbers were remarkably high.

“I would say there’s a three in 10 chance we use the military option,” Graham predicted in an interview. If the North Koreans conduct an additional test of a nuclear bomb—their seventh—“I would say 70 percent.”

Graham said that the issue of North Korea came up during a round of golf he played with the president on Sunday. “It comes up all the time,” he said.

“War with North Korea is an all-out war against the regime,” he said. “There is no surgical strike option. Their [nuclear-weapons] program is too redundant, it’s too hardened, and you gotta assume the worst, not the best. So if you ever use the military option, it’s not to just neutralize their nuclear facilities—you gotta be willing to take the regime completely down.”

“We’re not to the tipping point yet,” he noted, but “if they test another [nuclear] weapon, then all bets are off.”

Lindsey Graham: There's a 30 Percent Chance Trump Attacks North Korea - Uri Friedman, The Atlantic, 12/14/17

---

Also worrisome is how El Presidente's self-delusion about Russia is interfering with foreign policy and national security. A lengthy piece of outstanding reportage in the Washington Post shows how bad it is in the White House:

Nearly a year into his presidency, Trump continues to reject the evidence that Russia waged an assault on a pillar of American democracy and supported his run for the White House.

The result is without obvious parallel in U.S. history, a situation in which the personal insecurities of the president — and his refusal to accept what even many in his administration regard as objective reality — have impaired the government’s response to a national security threat. The repercussions radiate across the government....

Rather than search for ways to deter Kremlin attacks or safeguard U.S. elections, Trump has waged his own campaign to discredit the case that Russia poses any threat and he has resisted or attempted to roll back efforts to hold Moscow to account.

“Putin has to believe this was the most successful intelligence operation in the history of Russian or Soviet intelligence,” said Andrew Weiss, a former adviser on Russia in the George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton administrations who is now at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. “It has driven the American political system into a crisis that will last years.”

U.S. officials declined to discuss whether the stream of recent intelligence on Russia has been shared with Trump. Current and former officials said that his daily intelligence update — known as the president’s daily brief, or PDB — is often structured to avoid upsetting him.

Russia-related intelligence that might draw Trump’s ire is in some cases included only in the written assessment and not raised orally, said a former senior intelligence official familiar with the matter. In other cases, Trump’s main briefer — a veteran CIA analyst — adjusts the order of his presentation and text, aiming to soften the impact.

“If you talk about Russia, meddling, interference — that takes the PDB off the rails,” said a second former senior U.S. intelligence official....

U.S. officials said that a stream of intelligence from sources inside the Russian government indicates that Putin and his lieutenants regard the 2016 “active measures” campaign — as the Russians describe such covert propaganda operations — as a resounding, if incomplete, success....

But overall, U.S. officials said, the Kremlin believes it got a staggering return on an operation that by some estimates cost less than $500,000 to execute and was organized around two main objectives — destabilizing U.S. democracy and preventing Hillary Clinton, who is despised by Putin, from reaching the White House.

The bottom line for Putin, said one U.S. official briefed on the stream of post-election intelligence, is that the operation was “more than worth the effort...."

“This makes me pissed because we’re letting these guys win,” a senior administration official said of the Russians. Referring to the disputed Florida tallies in the 2000 presidential election, the official said: “What if the Russians had created the hanging chads? How would that have been for George Bush?”

Doubting the intelligence, Trump pursues Putin and leaves a Russian threat unchecked
By Greg Miller, Greg Jaffe and Philip Rucker
Dec. 14, 2017
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6471 on: December 15, 2017, 02:41:26 AM »
The news earlier today of Disney intending to acquire a boatload of the assets of 21st Century Fox may not at first seem to merit being discussed in the "Politics" thread -- after all, that means that now we can finally get a non-shitty Fantastic Four movie! hurray! -- but there is this to consider:

Boing Boing: "Disney buys Fox in all-stock deal, making Rupert Murdoch the largest shareholder in the company"

Most of 21st Century Fox's assets now belong to Disney, a company that is famous for its liberal messaging and blockbuster movies that stress social justice themes, from Star Wars to Coco to Frozen, and Rupert Murdoch, the architect of the right-wing takeover of nations on several continents, is now the single largest shareholder in Disney.

Murdoch has a long history of mixing business and politics: his newspapers are a vehicle for laundering political bribes, paying right-wing politicians farcical sums to write inconsequential columns, vastly enriching them and making them beholden to Murdoch in the process; his publisher Harpercollins likewise pays massive advances to right-wing politicians for flimsy, ghost-written memoirs and nonfiction titles which are mostly pulped when they fail to sell in a way that could possibly justify the advance, which the likes of Sarah Palin get to hang on to, all without any direct transfer from Murdoch to her or her campaign.

This is only possible because of the frankly bizarre structure of Murdoch's companies, in which the majority of shares are not entitled to votes, meaning that Murdoch's minority stake gives him a majority say in terms of spending his shareholder's money, and he's never been shy about raiding the corporate piggybank for his personal projects, including blowing £415m on his daughter's do-nothing company Shine, as a kind of nest-egg for one of his many awful children -- his sons were hip-deep in the UK's newspaper surveillance scandal, with tabloids spying on the families of murdered chi!dren by hacking into their voicemails.

Murdoch is a curious figure in the 21st Century world of financialized business, in which financial engineering to benefit "activist investors" are the order of the day. He is a political and ideological oligarch, someone who wants to use his money to change the world -- imagine [the current occupant of the Oval], except with ambitions to shape nations, rather than making reality TV shows and building shitty skyscrapers and lying about how tall they are.

Disney, meanwhile, is another curiosity in of 21st century business -- on the one hand thoroughly financialized and acting like any other vehicle for converting accounting practices into dividends; on the other hand, publicly and internally beholden to high-profile artists whose political views are on display in the products the company makes. These views only shape the message of the business, but not its practices: it's a company that still lobbies (through its industry associations) for GOP-style tax-breaks, against Net Neutrality, and who happily expands into markets that lack democratic fundamentals and is perfectly comfortable with manufacturing its social-justice merchandise in Dickensian overseas sweatshops.

The marriage of these two firms, activist in their own way, financialized in their own way, will be a curious phenomenon to consider...

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #6472 on: December 15, 2017, 12:05:56 PM »
Disney liberal social justice theme movie?!?!?!?
I would take issue on that! Disney corporation was one of the founder of taking over Argentina public media that manufacture fake news for the people until they revolted and took back their country. Disney is kind of like a country within the country in Florida. I do agree that mixing these together one place could be a devastating force!

« Reply #6473 on: December 16, 2017, 03:19:37 AM »
So? The repeal of health care is now hidden in the tax reform?
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

« Reply #6474 on: December 16, 2017, 10:25:21 AM »
So? The right-wing-extremist-nazi-terrorist lovers in the US government can't deal with their simple minds with these words, which are now forbidden:
The forbidden words are “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based” and “science-based.”

It looks like this is the new political correctness. Compared to the previous political correctness this new one is plain sick!

I thought the right wing extremists wanted that everything speaking is allowed?
Obviously it isn't. That's how totalitarism works.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 10:28:36 AM by andrat2000 »

« Reply #6475 on: December 17, 2017, 09:37:46 AM »
How sick-minded is this?

Hillary's e-Mails get hacked and right wing extremits Trumpelstilsken, GOP and their fanatic followers want to use them against Hillary (and did use it). They totally find it fine that these e-mails hacked by Russia are used to bring her to the electrical chair.

Now Mr. Mueller got hands on several 10k of e-mails from Trumpelstilsken transition team derived from GSA.

Now the right wing extremists around Trumpelstilsken, GOP and the following goons are now intensifying the intrigues against Mueller.

How dumb are these Trumpel-Followers?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:40:32 AM by andrat2000 »

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6476 on: December 18, 2017, 07:36:39 PM »
Super-dumb.

It's right in the Terms of Service that e-mails sent over the PTT.GOV server (PTT = Presidential Transition Team) - say, for example, [email protected] - are official e-mails, and have all the same access rights as official government documents - BECAUSE THEY ARE.
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6477 on: December 18, 2017, 10:16:34 PM »

International Business Times: "Republican Senators Will Save Millions With Special Real-Estate Tax Break"

When the U.S. Senate takes up the final tax bill this week, more than a quarter of all GOP senators will be voting on a bill that includes a special provision that could give them a new tax cut through their real estate shell companies, according to federal records reviewed by International Business Times.

The provision was not in the original bill passed by the Senate on Dec. 1. It was embedded in the final bill by Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, who is among the lawmakers that stand to personally benefit from the provision.

In response to Democratic lawmakers who have slammed the provision as a lobbyist-sculpted giveaway to the rich, Republican Majority Whip John Cornyn promoted on Twitter a column by Ryan Ellis, a registered bank lobbyist who has been working to influence the tax legislation and who has defended the provision.

In all, 14 Republican senators (see list below) hold financial interests in 26 income-generating real-estate partnerships — worth as much as $105 million in total. Those holdings together produced between $2.4 million and $14.1 million in rent and interest income in 2016, according to federal records.

Asked for comment on this from IBT, Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN), who owns $35,000,000 in real estate LLCs, contradicted himself by claiming both that he didn't know about the last-minute provision and that he has not read the final tax bill he's already announced he will support.

And guess who else stands to gain from this tax scam? None other than a man who made his bones in gaudy New York real estate.

« Reply #6478 on: December 20, 2017, 04:15:22 PM »
So Trumpelstilsken want to note down every name of a person in the UNO voting against his decision moving the US embassy to Jerusalem.

What is his scope? Usually when someone says this he want to wait behind a corner in a dark alley waiting for the noted person to step out of a building and then either beat to death or sniping to death.
A typical method of extremist right wing nazi terrorists doings. Is this what he want to tell us?

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6479 on: December 20, 2017, 06:22:16 PM »
Savannah Guthrie, NBC News: "Are you saying that the growth you’re going to get from this tax cut will equal the amount it would cost on the deficit side so that it’s a wash, so that you’re not adding to the deficit at all because of this?"

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan: "Nobody knows the answer to that question because that’s in the future. But what we do know, this will increase economic growth."

So, in the exact same breath, he guarantees the future ("what we do know is that this will increase economic growth") and he doesn't guarantee the future ("nobody knows the answer to that question because that’s in the future"). Then he says that he's going to work on dismantling the rest of the social safety net in 2018.

And yet he claims to be a Catholic???

Such a thoroughly repugnant "human" he is. He disgusts me even more than Ted Cruz does.