rtpoe

• Old Fart
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #6780 on: April 30, 2018, 07:42:44 PM »
If I was doing it....

Good evening! It's great to be here at the White House Correspondents Dinner. I have to confess I wasn't particularly excited when I first saw the invitation - I thought I was being offered a job on the White House staff....

The WHCD is sort of like a combination of a Friar's Club roast and the Pulitzers. Though I suppose it's more like bastard offspring of the two, where neither one wants to admit they gave consent....

If I come across as a little nervous, it's because I am. All these famous and important people from the worlds of politics and journalism....And Kellyanne Conway, too! And the ICE agents checking papers at the doors aren't helping... (takes out stack of papers some two inches thick) Good thing I brought everything with me.

The President couldn't be here tonight; he's at a campaign rally in Michigan. I'm not sure if he's campaigning for 2020 or 2016.... I don't think even he knows...

A bit of friendly advice for him and his staff while they're in Michigan - don't drink the water.....

Fortunately, his personal mouthpiece is here. Sarah Huckabee Sanders. I have trouble with people who have more than one name. I don't know whether to call her that, or Sara Huckabee, or Sarah Sanders, or Baghdad Bob.... She's over on the Right of the dais. Of course from where I am, she's on my Left. I guess when you have to spin what the President says so often, after a while even you don't know where you stand. Relax, Sarah, you're not at the podium here. No one is expecting you to say anything. Can I get you something? A fifth of scotch? A better job?? We should be nice to her, after all. It can't be easy translating Donald's Tweets into English....

Oh, I see Chris Christie is here tonight. I guess it's too cold to be at the beach....

Okay, okay, that's a little unfair.... We all know that in New Jersey, it's The Shore....

rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6781 on: May 01, 2018, 10:27:24 PM »
The President couldn't be here tonight; he's at a campaign rally in Michigan. I'm not sure if he's campaigning for 2020 or 2016.... I don't think even he knows...

A bit of friendly advice for him and his staff while they're in Michigan - don't drink the water.....

Ouch! Too soon!

ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #6782 on: May 02, 2018, 02:55:32 PM »
According to the lawsuit, Michigan state fail to apply any measurement of prohibitory treatment for rust. They have proof of it! So I am doubting the article of Punditfact. I am questioning that.

As for Michelle Wolf, I am hearing that she went too far to comment on how ugly Sara H Sanders is. I tried to go thru it with a comb, and I dont think she implied that she looks like Aunt Lydia, but implied that she is a female version of Uncle Tom for the women's movement. Correct me if I am wrong , but I think Michelle said she burn fact, not fat to make ash for her eyeliner. SHS does apply heavy eye shadow!
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6783 on: May 02, 2018, 07:11:40 PM »

As for Michelle Wolf, I am hearing that she went too far to comment on how ugly Sara H Sanders is. I tried to go thru it with a comb, and I dont think she implied that she looks like Aunt Lydia, but implied that she is a female version of Uncle Tom for the women's movement. Correct me if I am wrong , but I think Michelle said she burn fact, not fat to make ash for her eyeliner. SHS does apply heavy eye shadow!

Here's what Michelle Wolf said on the night (starting at the 14:03 mark):

"I actually really like Sarah. I think she's very resourceful. Like, she burns facts and then she uses that ash to create a perfect smokey eye. Like 'Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies'...it's probably lies."

And the last sentence of the quote being a reference to the famous tagline used in the long-running Maybelline cosmetics commercial campaign.

Anyone who heard "fat" instead of "facts" has zero knowledge of chemistry; how can you burn fat to ashes (unless you're cremating someone maybe)?

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6784 on: May 02, 2018, 07:17:38 PM »

CNN: "Here's 4 reasons why Donald Trump faking a doctor's note actually matters"

Harold Bornstein, Donald Trump's longtime personal physician, is a comic character. From his long hair to his odd personal manner and pronouncements, he is someone that is hard to take seriously.

So when Bornstein told CNN on Tuesday that Trump had personally dictated a 2015 letter ostensibly from Bornstein touting the then-presidential candidate's historic good health, the first reaction of many people was to laugh.

Of course he did! The language was totally Trumpian! "His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary," "Bornstein" wrote of Trump. "If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."

But to dismiss this whole situation as a joke is to miss the broader points. And, yes, there are some broader points here. Here are four.

1. The President of the United States, as a candidate, faked a letter from his doctor to settle health and age questions.

2. Trump repeatedly attacked Hillary Clinton as not being healthy enough to be president.

3. Trump will say or do absolutely anything to win.

4. Trump eventually turns on everyone.

...In interviews on Tuesday, Bornstein clearly felt betrayed when Trump bodyguard Keith Schiller came and took the President's medical records from Bornstein's office. Bornstein shouldn't feel that way. This is what Trump does. It is who he is.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6785 on: May 02, 2018, 07:52:16 PM »
"Ty Cobb says there is still a path for Trump to sitdown with Mueller. Less than an hour later, he's off the Trump legal team."
-- CNN's Chris Cillizza

"Prestigious lawyers, like Trump Attorney Ty Cobb, don’t retire when they are on the brink of defeating the largest investigation in history. They do retire when they are in the middle of representing clients they know have no hope. Emmet Flood won’t last either. Just saying..."
-- Ed Krassenstein

"Granted he served more of a spokesperson role, but Ty Cobb was the only Trump lawyer with a clearance."
-- Natasha Bertrand

"Trump's lawyers in Russia probe:

6.12.17 - Jay Sekulow joins
7.14.17 - Ty Cobb joins
7.21.17 - Marc Kasowitz departs
3.19.18 - Joe diGenova joins
3.22.18 - John Dowd departs
3.2.18 - diGenova departs
4.19.18 - Rudy Giuliani, Jane Serene, Marty Raskin join
5.2.18 - Cobb departs"
-- David P. Gelles

"The revolving door of Trump lawyers continues to spin. The most recent casualty: Ty Cobb. New Trump lawyer, Emmet T. Flood, represented Bill Clinton in his...IMPEACHMENT proceedings. Trump is increasingly more nervous about the #MuellerInvestigation."
-- Katie Phang

"CNN is reporting Ty Cobb—who is being replaced by Clinton’s impeachment lawyer—tried to counsel Trump against attacking Robert Mueller and threatening the probe.

TRANSLATION: Donald Trump is paving the path to his own impeachment and the only person he has to blame is himself."
-- Ryan Knight

"Ty Cobb is out and @realDonaldTrump has hired Clinton's lawyer. I wonder how the optics of that will play with his base, associating him with someone they see as the biggest crook.Guess what guys, your boy is a way bigger crook! Like people have never seen such a crook!"
-- Ann-Marie Poli

"Ty Cobb is being replaced by Emmet Flood, Bill Clinton's lawyer during impeachment. Get your check books out again Trumpers. Your broke "billionaire" needs you to finance his criminal defense, and this guy doesn't come cheap."
-- Facts Do Matter

"Ty Cobb is out after he tells subpoena story. But why do they keep referring to Emmet T. Flood as Clinton lawyer when he represented Bush in 2nd term for firing all the lawyers and in private practice represents Cheney? Those are most recent characterizations than Clinton."
-- Kim Frederi

Maybe the New York Times will take him to court for defamation. Or maybe not. They will be too busy covering der Untergang.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6786 on: May 02, 2018, 08:33:26 PM »
I'm getting to the point where I'm ignoring any Trump news. There are no surprises anyone. Even with his cabinet. Like Scott Pruitt and his supervillain branch office....

http://www.cnn.com/2018/05/01/politics/scott-pruitt-epa-congress-democrats-gsa-hometown-office/index.html
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6787 on: May 02, 2018, 08:37:57 PM »
Someone needs to explain to me why the guy in charge of the EPA needs so much security, and why he needs his own personal Cone of Silence. Because I don't get it.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6788 on: May 02, 2018, 08:53:26 PM »
I'm getting to the point where I'm ignoring any Trump news. There are no surprises any [more].

I hear what you're saying and I understand where you're coming from, but ignoring this stuff is exactly what they'd want you to do ;)

But here's some other news not related to him that will cheer you up:

Gizmodo: "Cambridge Analytica Is Shutting Down"

On Wednesday, Cambridge Analytica employees learned that its parent company, the SCL Group, was shuttering the business, with American-based workers directed to return their keycards immediately, according to documentation reviewed by Gizmodo.

The news was announced during a conference call led by Julian Wheatland, the current chairman of the SCL Group who was reportedly tapped to take over as Cambridge Analytica’s next CEO. Both Cambridge Analytica and SCL Elections (the SCL Group subsidiary connected to Cambridge Analytica) will now close their doors.

During the call, Wheatland said that the board determined that rebranding the company’s offerings in the current environment is “futile.”

So, that's that. Justice has been served, and we can all go home now, and certainly all is now right in the world, and --

Oh, wait, what's that? There's more?

Business Insider: "The power players behind Cambridge Analytica have set up a mysterious new data company"

• The power players behind Cambridge Analytica have set up a new company — and the daughters of Donald Trump-supporting billionaire Robert Mercer have just joined as directors.
  • Rebekah and Jennifer Mercer joined Emerdata on March 16, but it is shrouded in mystery.
  • Alexander Nix, the suspended CEO of Cambridge Analytica, is also a director, as well as other executives from parent firm SCL Group.
  • Emerdata also lists Johnson Chun Shun Ko, a Chinese executive from Frontier Services Group, the military firm chaired by prominent Trump supporter [and brother of Education Secretary Betsy deVos] Erik Prince.
  • Cambridge Analytica is under scrutiny for the role it played in the US election after The Observer revealed the firm had illegitimately hoovered up F__eb__k user data.
[/size]

D'oh!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 08:54:57 PM by TheZookie007 »

CarlTL

• ZZZ Cup
  • King of the Avatars
« Reply #6789 on: May 03, 2018, 07:27:41 PM »
Someone needs to explain to me why the guy in charge of the EPA needs so much security, and why he needs his own personal Cone of Silence. Because I don't get it.
He might not say it but he's convinced that environmentalist "wackos" will kill him for what he's doing.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6790 on: May 03, 2018, 09:30:33 PM »

He might not say it but he's convinced that environmentalist "wackos" will kill him for what he's doing.

Yeah, I mean, why would anyone be angry about someone fucking up the environment for money? Totally, dude.

This is not normal.

« Reply #6791 on: May 05, 2018, 01:04:58 AM »
So the most corrupted liar president ever, Trumpelstilsken, doesn't want better weapon regulations. This was he just yesterday he offered to the NRA. More school shootings and Nazi terror attacks to US American citizens. He walks on mountains of dead bodies and as he himself explained would even randomly shoot someone on the streets without consequences for him.
This man learns nothing. He will never change. With all available legal forces he has now to be removed and imprisoned. It is the only solution as it seems.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

« Reply #6792 on: May 09, 2018, 02:29:52 PM »
Trumpelstilsken ist dumb, dumb like those voting and working for him. No wonder he got voted by them. Idiots vote for idiots.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

Pendejo

• A Cup
« Reply #6793 on: May 10, 2018, 02:48:01 PM »
^^^

« Reply #6794 on: May 10, 2018, 03:48:04 PM »
^^^

Actually since we know he lies with every word and sentence the WRONG = CORRECT