rtpoe

• Old Fart
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #6990 on: July 13, 2018, 07:41:53 PM »
Well, it's not been a good couple of days for the Trumpists.

First, Peter Strzok impressively handled the blatantly partisan assault from the House GOP as they attempted to discredit the Mueller investigation by proving that a couple of text messages from one person at the FBI prove that the entire investigation was BIASED. Gohmert, Gowdy, Goodlatte, et al. were made to look like complete assholes.

In Britain, Trump blathered on nonsensically - as usual - this time insulting his host, PM Teresa May. And then he called a report of an on-the-record (and recorded!) interview where he slammed her "fake news".

To finish up the work week, Robert Mueller dropped a bomb of indictments on a dozen Russian intelligence officers for crimes related to computer hacking of the DNC servers and Clinton's campaign.

One of the items in the indictment? Russian intelligence operatives tried to hack into email accounts used by Clinton’s personal office and her campaign on the same day—July 27, 2016—that Trump publicly said, "Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing." Coincidence????

It is worth keeping this in the forefront of the news from now on.

Russian agents illegally hacked servers and stole personal information. When they stole and posted John Podesta's e-mails, they published things like a risotto recipe. a birth announcement, and a job performance evaluation. Nothing earth shaking, but a blatant invasion of privacy.

And Trump and his cronies have praised the leakers during the campaign, and have continued to both actively and passively block investigations into the crimes. It's not just firing people like Comey in an attempt to obstruct justice, it's simply not taking the threat seriously.

One would think a president would publicly and loudly and frequently tell off the Russians about this, and encouraging improved cybersecurity in our elections.

Obviously it’s possible to be less generous in one’s interpretation of Trump: You could believe that he is trying to stymie the investigation because he is aware that he is, personally, guilty of serious crimes and he fears that a thorough investigation will expose those crimes. But even if that’s not the case and he’s merely reacting to partisan interest in the investigation with his own partisan reflexes, the misconduct involved is serious.

A president has obligations to the country and to its citizens, even those citizens who didn’t vote for him. Trump’s inability to even feign anger or outrage at the real crimes committed against real American citizens is remarkable relative to the context of what’s ordinarily considered acceptable presidential behavior.

Mueller’s new indictments remind us of 2 core truths about the Trump-Russia story
- Matt Yglesias, Vox
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/7/13/17568816/mueller-indictments-russia-gru-crime

Yet Trump and his acolytes have sought to draw notice away from this profound act of betrayal. Their mission: to prevent thorough consideration of the Russian attack and Trump’s role in the cover-up. After all, these are misdeeds that do raise questions about Trump’s legitimacy as president—or, at least, his ability and willingness to fulfill his No. 1 responsibility: protect the nation.

Mueller’s indictment, perfectly timed for Trump’s upcoming summit with Putin, inhibits Trump’s self-serving effort to make the Trump-Russia scandal vanish. It undercuts his attempts—and those of his amen chorus—to move past his treachery.  It places the Russian attack in the spotlight and rings a bell on Trump. In between the lines, the indictment presents a grave charge: Trump abetted a serious Russian operation to undermine an American election. It also conveys an important message: This story is not over yet.

How the Mueller News Is an Indictment of…Donald Trump and His GOP Enablers
-David Corn, Mother Jones
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/07/how-the-mueller-news-is-an-indictment-of-donald-trump-and-his-gop-enablers/
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6991 on: July 16, 2018, 02:46:25 PM »
"Wow oh wow. I’ve expected to see many things from Trump — but never did I think I’d see him standing beside the president of Russia and, as John King just reported on CNN, 'surrendering to him.' That Trump would reveal himself as a traitor on worldwide TV — well, that was a mind-blower.

Trump is asked, Who are you going to believe—the Russians or your own officers? And he refused to choose! Do you support your troops or Putin — and he wouldn’t choose! So my first thought goes out to those who serve this country— I’m so sorry the Commander-in-Chief is a traitor.

Trump: "They (my intelligence officers) said, ‘I think it is Russia.’ I have President Putin (standing here). He just said it is not Russia. I will say this: I do not see any reason why it would be (Russia).”

Arrest Trump when Air Force One lands. I want to see him in chains."

-- Michael Moore, director of Fahrenheit 11/9 (in theatres Sept. 21st)

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."
-- Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)

To every man and woman who honorably served in the Armed Forces in defense of this country, I offer my sincere apologies. Your Commander-in-Chief has betrayed you.

This is not normal.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6992 on: July 16, 2018, 07:23:21 PM »
The reviews are in:

There is no question that Russia interfered in our election and continues attempts to undermine democracy here and around the world. That is not just the finding of the American intelligence community but also the House Committee on Intelligence. The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally. There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals. The United States must be focused on holding Russia accountable and putting an end to its vile attacks on democracy. - Rep. Paul Ryan (R-TX)

That's what made it disgusting. That's what made his performance disgusting. I'm sorry, it's just the only way I feel. It's not a right or left thing to me, it's just wrong. A US president on foreign soil talking to our biggest enemy [...] is essentially letting the guy get away with this and not even offering a mild criticism. That sets us back a lot. - Neil Cavuto, FOX News

Today's press conference in Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory. The damage inflicted by President Trump's naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate. But it is clear that the summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake. President Trump proved not only unable, but **86** to stand up to Putin. He and Putin seemed to be speaking from the same script as the president made a conscious choice to defend a tyrant against the fair questions of a free press, and to grant Putin an uncontested platform to spew propaganda and lies to the world. - Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)

No negotiation is worth throwing your own people and country under the bus. - Abby Huntsman, FOX News

Congressional Republicans need to decide whether or not they stand with the American people against the Russian threat. If they don't speak up today, we know they're not with us. They're against us. - Renato Marotti, CNN

Donald Trump’s press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of “high crimes & misdemeanors.” It was nothing short of treasonous. Not only were Trump’s comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you??? - John O. Brennan, former CIA Director (2013-17)

You have been watching perhaps one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president at a summit in front of a Russian leader certainly than I've ever seen. - Anderson Cooper, CNN

For the president of the United States to side with President Putin against American law enforcement, American defense officials, and American intelligence agencies is thoughtless, dangerous, and weak. The president is putting himself over our country. Millions of Americans will continue to wonder if the only possible explanation for this dangerous behavior is the possibility that President Putin holds damaging information over President Trump. - Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY)

I never thought I would see the day when our American President would stand on the stage with the Russian President and place blame on the United States for Russian aggression. This is shameful. - Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ)

President Trump just attacked our intelligence agencies and law enforcement for doing their jobs while standing next to a dictator who intervened in our election to help elect Trump. Putin will take this as a green light to interfere in 2018, and it is. Cowardly and shameful. - Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA)

This may be the worst moment in US foreign policy history that does not directly involve a war or another act of violence. - David Corn, Mother Jones

Missed opportunity by President Trump to firmly hold Russia accountable for 2016 meddling and deliver a strong warning regarding future elections. This answer by President Trump will be seen by Russia as a sign of weakness and create far more problems than it solves.... Finally, if it were me, I’d check the soccer ball for listening devices and never allow it in the White House. - Sen Lindsey Graham (R-SC)

Republicans in Congress cannot continue to turn a blind eye towards the very real possibility that Vladimir Putin has compromised our commander in chief and turned him, perhaps without his knowledge, into a Russian asset. - Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL)

Everyone is numb and in shock. We can’t believe what we just witnessed, but for me it’s this simple: The President of the United States openly colluded with Putin to undermine our democracy. - Ryan Lizza, CNN

I’ve seen Russian intelligence manipulate many people in my career, and I never thought the U.S. President would be one of them. - Rep. Will Hurd (R-TX) (former CIA officer)

rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.

« Reply #6993 on: July 17, 2018, 12:04:34 AM »
So how was the meeting of Trumpelstilsken with his boss?
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #6994 on: July 17, 2018, 12:10:46 AM »
What also blows my mind is that Trump thought it was a good idea of Putin to allow Russia to interrogate our intelligence agency that indicted the 12 Russian agent. There is no way that will happen, but interesting that Trump would be willing to put our agency in harms way.

There is no way to know if he was sharing our agency finding and who got them to Putin during that private meeting.
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

« Reply #6995 on: July 17, 2018, 12:26:36 AM »
Well. What has North-Korea, the US and Russia in common?
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

« Reply #6996 on: July 17, 2018, 04:11:32 AM »
What also blows my mind is that Trump thought it was a good idea of Putin to allow Russia to interrogate our intelligence agency that indicted the 12 Russian agent. There is no way that will happen, but interesting that Trump would be willing to put our agency in harms way.

There is no way to know if he was sharing our agency finding and who got them to Putin during that private meeting.

Hey!

No. Everything is fine. Nothing happened! As long as the far right wing extremist nazi terrorist idiots support hime everything is fine!

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6997 on: July 17, 2018, 12:27:14 PM »
The reporter asked Putin pointblank if he wanted the current occupant of the Oval Office to win and if he directed his officials to help him. And Putin answered "Yes, I did. Yes, I did." Forgive me, but isn't that the textbook definition of "meddling in our elections" and of "collusion"??!??

This is not normal.

« Reply #6998 on: July 18, 2018, 11:51:01 AM »
Here comes another explanation why for me far right wing extremist terrorist idiots are nazis. People that believe these people are nowadays only critical people towards the muslims and they shouldn't earn the Nazi name are wrong. Totally wrong.

Example Austria: The birth land of Adolf Hitler where he socialized his hate on jews has a party of far right wing extremist nazi terrorist idiots that are in the government. These party and counter part party in Germany and their dumb supporters always say they are friends of Israel and the Jews. But let's see what comes ...
Now while they wanted to hit muslims with the rules of complicating buying halal butchered meat by require to register muslim buyers of such meat and getting permission they also require jewish meat buyers to register shehitah / kosher butchered meat, because it is quite similar produced like the halal meat ...

The last time jews had to register in countries with German as state language was before or when they got deported to concentration camps and terminated.

This is why I call out far right wing extremist terrorist idiots as nazis.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 01:32:11 PM by andrat2000 »

« Reply #6999 on: July 19, 2018, 11:22:05 AM »
Unbelievable this asshole Trumpelstilsken.

Montenegro is a NATO member. It has about 660 000 citizens and thus only a few thousand soldiers.

It seems like this asshole Trumpelstilsken who is supposed to be the US president said about this NATO partner Montenegro in an interview. I summarize:
"Montenegro is a tiny nation with aggressive people that the NATO partners would have to defend then which could lead to a 3rd world war."

This man is really an idiot ... and he has not only one complex, he has a lot of them. The worst a human being can have. But hey, everything is fine as long as his dumb asshole voters support him and would elect him again ... because it feels so good to humilate the weaklings ....

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #7000 on: July 19, 2018, 07:57:40 PM »
With all the spinning and twisting and walking-back that Trump and the White House have been doing these past few days....

How can we ever again trust them to be honest with us?

And by the way, as reported in the NY Times:

"Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election. The evidence included texts and emails from Russian military officers and information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation....

Ultimately, several human sources had confirmed Mr. Putin’s own role. That included one particularly valuable source, who was considered so sensitive that Mr. Brennan had declined to refer to it in any way in the Presidential Daily Brief during the final months of the Obama administration, as the Russia investigation intensified. Instead, to keep the information from being shared widely, Mr. Brennan sent reports from the source to Mr. Obama and a small group of top national security aides in a separate, white envelope to assure its security."

Trump knew all along that Russia and Putin were screwing with our election campaign.

http://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/world/europe/trump-intelligence-russian-election-meddling-.html
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 08:03:03 PM by rtpoe »
rtpoe

« Reply #7001 on: July 19, 2018, 11:16:07 PM »
With all the spinning and twisting and walking-back that Trump and the White House have been doing these past few days....

And by the way, as reported in the NY Times:

"Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election. The evidence included texts and emails from Russian military officers and information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation....

Ultimately, several human sources had confirmed Mr. Putin’s own role. That included one particularly valuable source, who was considered so sensitive that Mr. Brennan had declined to refer to it in any way in the Presidential Daily Brief during the final months of the Obama administration, as the Russia investigation intensified. Instead, to keep the information from being shared widely, Mr. Brennan sent reports from the source to Mr. Obama and a small group of top national security aides in a separate, white envelope to assure its security."

Trump knew all along that Russia and Putin were screwing with our election campaign.

http://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/world/europe/trump-intelligence-russian-election-meddling-.html

We have to say it again, again and again. It doesn't matter and he doesn't care!

Trumpelstilsken knows and said his far right wing extremist terrorist Nazi idiot voters would always support him no matter what, even when he goes out to the street and shot someone down just for fun!

Why shouldn't he permanently lie? It has no consequences because of his lobotomized far right wing extremist terrorist Nazi idiot voters ...

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #7002 on: July 20, 2018, 05:10:45 PM »
I will be surprise if anyone will care that he lied about paying for sex with any of the playmates even with allegedly campaign money.
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #7003 on: July 21, 2018, 04:00:30 AM »
If you have any doubts that the current incarnation of the Republican Party is as anti-American as any other faction or nation that has ever attacked us, this video from C-SPAN should put those doubts to rest.

Fox News: "Dems erupt into 'USA' chant on House floor after Hoyer gives fiery anti-Putin speech"

They began chanting “USA, USA, USA”-- but it wasn't a Trump rally.

House Democrats on Thursday erupted into the chants on the floor of the House of Representatives after House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer, D-Md., delivered a fiery speech condemning Russian President Vladimir Putin for election meddling and accusing Republicans of not doing enough to ensure security of future elections.

“Surely, we can rise above pandering to party and Putin to act on behalf of our freedom and our security,” Hoyer said to applause from Democrats, over the bangs of the gavel as the House was called to order by the speaker.

Democrats then began chanting. Republicans didn’t join in.

It came as the House moved forward with a spending bill that eliminates new funding for election security grants to states, amid protests by Democrats who say Republicans are not doing enough to prevent Russian meddling in U.S. elections.

“We have sworn an oath to defend our constitution and our liberty against all enemies foreign and domestic,” Hoyer said.

Congress approved $380 million in the current budget for a grant program overseen by the federal Election Assistance Commission. Democrats want to continue funding through 2019, but Republicans say money is still available to states and new spending is not needed.

A Democratic amendment to extend funding was defeated, 182-232.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #7004 on: July 21, 2018, 04:20:53 AM »

You see, that's your problem right there: that you ever trusted them in the first place ;)

In a report from the 1940s, the U.S. Office of Strategic Studies defined Goebbels' propaganda technique and the imprint it left on the German people:

"Never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; and never accept blame.

Concentrate on one enemy at a time, and blame him for everything that goes wrong; People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one -- and if you repeat it often enough, people will sooner or later believe it."

A substantial portion of the voting population has successfully been gaslit by Faux News. This is beyond Goebbels' most enthusiastic fever dream.