Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #6255 on: September 09, 2017, 02:17:41 AM »
While we're distracted by the Arpaio pardon and problems with hurricane after hurricane and DACA, Betsy deVos decided to remove Title IX protections for female victims of sexual a ss ault on college campuses.

Did you even read your own link? The information in the article does not match your claim of what Betsy Devos is trying to do.

Please stop spreading fake news. Thank you.

Based on the article I agree to you.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6256 on: September 11, 2017, 06:46:13 PM »
Miss America contestants on the Trump administration:

Question 2, from judge Jess Cagle: “Last month, a demonstration of neo-Nazis, white supremacists and the KKK in Charlottesville, Va., turned violent and a counterprotester was killed. The president said there was shared blame with ‘very fine people’ on both sides. Were there? Tell me yes or no, and explain.”

Miss Texas, Margana Wood: “I think that the white supremacist issue, it was very obvious that it was a terrorist attack. And I think that President Donald Trump should have made a statement earlier addressing the fact, and making sure all American feel safe in this country, that is the No. 1 issue right now.”

Question 3, from judge Maria Menounos: “One hundred ninety-five countries signed the Paris agreement, in which each country sets nonbinding goals to reduce man-made climate change. The U.S. is withdrawing from the agreement, citing negligible environmental effects and negative economic impact. Good decision? Bad decision? Which is it and why?”

Miss North Dakota, Cara Mund: “I do believe it’s a bad decision. Once we reject that, we take ourselves out of the negotiation table. And that’s something that we really need to keep in mind. There is evidence that climate change is existing, so whether you believe it or not, we need to be at that table. And I think it’s just a bad decision on behalf of the United States.”

Remember, they don't really know what sort of questions are going to be asked. And they only have 20 seconds to answer.
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6257 on: September 11, 2017, 11:52:05 PM »
When a beauty pageant contestant speaks better on her feet and makes more sense than the sitting president.

Of course, it doesn't always turn out so well.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6258 on: September 12, 2017, 10:06:08 PM »
While we're all paying attention to Irma and Jose, it's coming out just how much Russia was "trolling" on Face book to spread pro-Trump items.

Last week Face book acknowledged for the first time that Russia used false identities and about 3,000 ads to spread politically divisive posts to Americans before and after the election. The content, according to an expert on Face book’s advertising system, was likely seen by between 23 and 70 million people, based on the $100,000 ad buy alone.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusive-russia-used-face book-events-to-organize-anti-immigrant-rallies-on-us-soil

This included promoting anti-immigrant events:

A Face book spokesperson confirmed to The Daily Beast that the social-media giant “shut down several promoted events as part of the takedown we described last week.” The company declined to elaborate, except to confirm that the events were promoted with paid ads. (This is the first time the social-media giant has publicly acknowledged the existence of such events.)

---

An 8.1 magnitude earthquake hit Mexico, killing nearly a hundred and leaving 2.5 million people in need of aid.

When Trump "forgot" to send a message of condolences or an offer of aid, Mexico withdrew their offer of aid for Harvey and Irma. They also pointedly did NOT mention Trump in their statement:

"The Mexican government takes this opportunity to thank the Governor of Texas Greg Abbott for his message of solidarity to our country on the occasion of the September 7 earthquake.

"The Mexican government also expresses its full solidarity with the State of Florida in the face of the severe impact of Hurricane Irma. Mexico will be attentive to the development of this phenomenon in the following days, and hopes that soon, both the State of Florida and the State of Texas and the State of Louisiana will recover from the damages caused by the hurricanes that have impacted them.

rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6259 on: September 13, 2017, 12:44:25 AM »

While we're all paying attention to Irma and Jose, it's coming out just how much Russia was "trolling" on Face book to spread pro-Trump items.

Last week Face book acknowledged for the first time that Russia used false identities and about 3,000 ads to spread politically divisive posts to Americans before and after the election. The content, according to an expert on Face book’s advertising system, was likely seen by between 23 and 70 million people, based on the $100,000 ad buy alone.

And still some people will be claiming this is all "nothingburger". SMDH

Speaking of September 11, Keith Olbermann's commentary on this year's anniversary is almost as poignant as the one he released five years after the evil day, especially since his GQ commentaries are recorded in the new 1 World Trade Center building (where Condé Nast is headquartered).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 12:46:10 AM by TheZookie007 »

« Reply #6260 on: September 13, 2017, 01:21:07 AM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusive-russia-used-face book-events-to-organize-anti-immigrant-rallies-on-us-soil

This included promoting anti-immigrant events:

A Face book spokesperson confirmed to The Daily Beast that the social-media giant “shut down several promoted events as part of the takedown we described last week.” The company declined to elaborate, except to confirm that the events were promoted with paid ads. (This is the first time the social-media giant has publicly acknowledged the existence of such events.)

---

An 8.1 magnitude earthquake hit Mexico, killing nearly a hundred and leaving 2.5 million people in need of aid.

When Trump "forgot" to send a message of condolences or an offer of aid, Mexico withdrew their offer of aid for Harvey and Irma. They also pointedly did NOT mention Trump in their statement:

"The Mexican government takes this opportunity to thank the Governor of Texas Greg Abbott for his message of solidarity to our country on the occasion of the September 7 earthquake.

"The Mexican government also expresses its full solidarity with the State of Florida in the face of the severe impact of Hurricane Irma. Mexico will be attentive to the development of this phenomenon in the following days, and hopes that soon, both the State of Florida and the State of Texas and the State of Louisiana will recover from the damages caused by the hurricanes that have impacted them.

Since about 2 weeks far right wing alt-right Nazi extremists are meddling with the German parliament election. The forum, boards and comments sections of the normal online news sources are full of trolls. They post fake news, wrong claims, faked election posters to discredit the normal democratic parties of Germany, and they create meme with faked statements of existing german politicans of democratic parties. They are acitve on FB, Reddit, 4Chan etc.

Everything inspired and organized by a US -Nazi Andrew (Weew) Auernheimer (who meddled for Trump with the election and in France, too) with his connections to Russia for financing it. They organize national and international right wing extremist Nazis to meddle with the German parliament election and communicate to each other through far right-wing alt-right Nazi IT infrastructure.

Dear US-Nazis ... stay out of our German election! I hope you all get arrested by police, get a law suit, get sentenced to prision and locked away. The same for the Putin trolls. It has to end here and now!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:46:36 AM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

« Reply #6261 on: September 14, 2017, 07:01:05 AM »
It looks like the member of US representatives Zoe Lofgren is trying to put back Trumpels dementia to the table. Good!

If you think about this. His simple sentences, the repetiveness of what he says, the jumping of what he says, etc. all signs of dementia. But he got elected as president because of this. It all was interpreted as his success factors. But what does it say about his voters? It seems they like no they need mental limitations because otherwise they can't follow themselves.

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #6262 on: September 14, 2017, 08:45:38 AM »
Very worried about the EU - just been reading President Juncker's speech, and it chills me to the bone.  Its going to be a Totalitarian state - it isn't going to be good at all.
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

« Reply #6263 on: September 14, 2017, 10:38:22 AM »
Very worried about the EU - just been reading President Juncker's speech, and it chills me to the bone.  Its going to be a Totalitarian state - it isn't going to be good at all.

What? Where do you see anything totalitarian? Can you please justify this claim? Very, very strange.

I don't agree to everything what Junckers said.

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #6264 on: September 14, 2017, 11:12:08 AM »
What? Where do you see anything totalitarian? Can you please justify this claim? Very, very strange.

Have a read of the speech.  He talked about one President instead of six - and at present you can't vote for the president in the EU. I have a feeling you wont be able to either if this comes in.  As you know, the EU commission are appointed not elected.

No opt out for currency - you're going to have to take the Euro. Part of Scotland's plans to join the EU if they get independence was to keep Sterling, but they'll have no choice if Junker gets his way.

He said, "The EU will take the big decisions and the member states will take the small ones". Basically subverting local democracy.

But not just that.

1. Expansions of the Schengen Area.
2. New finance minister to take control of member states finances.
3. Expansion of the banking union, to take all EU banks under EU control.
4. EU transaction tax
5. New agency to control and tax the Internet.
6. EU Army by 2025

Really worrying indeed.

But don't take my word for it - just read the speech.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 11:35:22 AM by Hiram »
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

« Reply #6265 on: September 14, 2017, 03:46:01 PM »

Have a read of the speech.  He talked about one President instead of six - and at present you can't vote for the president in the EU. I have a feeling you wont be able to either if this comes in.  As you know, the EU commission are appointed not elected.

No opt out for currency - you're going to have to take the Euro. Part of Scotland's plans to join the EU if they get independence was to keep Sterling, but they'll have no choice if Junker gets his way.

He said, "The EU will take the big decisions and the member states will take the small ones". Basically subverting local democracy.

But not just that.

1. Expansions of the Schengen Area.
2. New finance minister to take control of member states finances.
3. Expansion of the banking union, to take all EU banks under EU control.
4. EU transaction tax
5. New agency to control and tax the Internet.
6. EU Army by 2025

Really worrying indeed.

But don't take my word for it - just read the speech.

1. Very Good. This is what is needed, cosmopolitan EU with open boarders and free travel. As an EU citizen that does also business travel or drives to vacation cossing 4 boarders I don't need more checkpoints and delays to satisfy controlitis of some national boarder control freaks
2. Very Good. Might even reduce financial chaos in Greece, Italy, Purtugal, etc.
3. Very Good. Same rules for every one. Reduces national exceptions that might protect bad banks, because of strange national interests.
4. Very Good. This was considered as one of the most important tools to fix finacial crisis of 2008. One of the things UK blocked and a few others.
5. Very Good. Finally avoid tax oasis in the internet. But basically this is already standard in many Euopean countries.
6. Very Good. Finally all under one command and every body contibutes and speaks in one.

One president instead of 6. Very Good. Why should I pay for 6? And why should we pay for 6 just to satisfy some countries controlitis that they always think they nreed to have a representative in every organization. Reduce bureaucracy in this case would be a good thing. Yes the president isn't elected. I would change this anyway. Less permissions for the president / commission, more power to the EU parliament. And have the EU commission more a job like the US Senate or the German Bundesrat or the UK House of Lords. But then it means it needs an own government that replaces the function of the current job of EU commission. I would let the EU parliament decide who they sent into the government.

Euro for everyone. Right now with the exception Denmark and UK every EU country that meets the criteria has to accept and introduce the Euro as currency - this is the rule already. Actually no big change. But I admit, countries that miss the criteria for longer should be able to leave. And honestly for weak countries the Euro is too strong and it favours strong countries.

Overall the sugestions of Juncker strengthen democracy in the EU and makes their acting more tranparent. Not a single counrty can block the whole EU like UK did for 4 decades or Poland and Hungary right now does. Or even Germany that sometimes said we pay the most in the EU we have the most people of any EU country either it goes our way or nothing. As I said it will strengthen democracy!

I am eagerly seeing forward what really can be changed in the EU.
By the way there were more very good suggestions and ideas.

My old text under my avatar here on the board once said: Proud European Citizen.
This is possible again. But only once the nay sayers and road blockers are eiher gone (UK) or they are overruled by a majority decision and don't have the damaging veto rights anymore.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:03:54 PM by andrat2000 »

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6266 on: September 14, 2017, 06:53:52 PM »
As much as I liked the drachma and as much as I like the pound sterling, I didn't see the point in Europe's two biggest economies (France and Germany) having to use the Euro, while Great Britain got to keep using the pound sterling like a spoiled brat or something :)

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6267 on: September 14, 2017, 09:58:17 PM »
One wonders how much of this new EU stuff is a response to Trump basically abdicating America's position as world leader.
rtpoe

« Reply #6268 on: September 14, 2017, 11:28:47 PM »
As much as I liked the drachma and as much as I like the pound sterling, I didn't see the point in Europe's two biggest economies (France and Germany) having to use the Euro, while Great Britain got to keep using the pound sterling like a spoiled brat or something :)

It's because the UK never understood the EU. They always needed their own way. Finally this kept the EU from evolving and making progress. Unfortunately they got these exceptions under Thatcher giving the believe this is the way to go.
I am glad they are soon out. Unfortunately this way made a good example for countries like Poland and Hungary. That's why it is so important to get rid of the veto possibilities. Just imagine ALL US states always need to agree. And it is also a possibility to limit Germany which is sometimes also needed.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 11:47:25 PM by andrat2000 »

« Reply #6269 on: September 14, 2017, 11:44:44 PM »
One wonders how much of this new EU stuff is a response to Trump basically abdicating America's position as world leader.

Basically not too much. All of the ideas where there. Some for decades. The only thing that has improved very much lately are the EU citizens agreement and approvement to the EU. They see how chaotic the British government does the BREXIT and what huge negative impact it has to economy today and in the future. Something national right wing populists where always lying about and generating alternative facts and news to support their lies. Now that it is happening the lies are busting.
That's what the majority now also start to see. And that with a Trumpel that isolation and nationalism the US will also sent in troubles, like it did for the UK. So the agreement to the EU grew.