TheZookie007

• L Cup
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #6570 on: January 29, 2018, 11:13:23 PM »
The difference between a free press and a propaganda outfit is that when the press gets it wrong (as they often do, since they are fallible human beings) they correct themselves, they issue retractions, and (if the error is really egregious) the journalists in question may even be fired. Propagandists, on the other hand, just shout louder, repeating and re-repeating and re-re-repeating the same lies, in the hopes that either the other person gives in just to shut them up already, or that enough gullible people fall for the lie and parrot it to others. (See "the Gish gallop".)

One of the biggest "tells" for a pathological liar (and those who enable them) is the constant repetition of phrases like "Believe me". And the current occupant of the Oval is a liar on a scale that even people who study liars for a living have never seen before.

And speaking of liars:

MSN.com: "Spicer: I Regret Embarrassing 'Myself, My Family, Friends' As Press Secretary"

“You made some mistakes,” MSNBC’s Craig Melvin said to Spicer, after playing a tape of Spicer’s “greatest hits,” including his inflation of attendance numbers at Trump’s inauguration, his dismissal of the roles that Michael Flynn and Paul Manafort played in Trump’s campaign and his claim that Adolf Hitler did not use chemical weapons.

“Yes,” Spicer responded.

“Do you regret taking the job?” Melvin asked.

“No,” Spicer said. “I think in terms of net-net, I enjoyed having a front row seat to history, was an opportunity of a lifetime. Did I make mistakes? Thank you for taking me down memory lane. Absolutely. Do I hope I grow as a person, as a friend, as a stranger to do better? Absolutely.”

A sampling of the responses to this:

• "Is he apologizing for embarrassing his friends and families by lying for the Trump Administration or is he apologizing for embarrassing them by not doing a better job of lying for the Trump Administration?"
  • "Not the first and certainly won't be the last person attempting to gain a modicum of self-respect after debasing themselves to serve Donald Trump. I expect to see countless mea culpas in the years to come. The encouraging point is there are Republicans in the country -- many of them in fact -- who see Trump as a fraud and would rather remain true to their country and themselves. Sadly, none of them are in Congress."
  • "Sean Spicer straight up gaslit the nation on that podium while covering up for Russian stooges in the white house. He's embarassed because it didn't work. Fuck these fascists and their enablers. They shouldn't be allowed to think enabling and actively participating in fascist subversion is "reconcilliable". It doesn't work. It didn't work after reconstruction, neither did it work after the passing of the civil right's act. Countless lives have been lost because American's keep rationalizing the actions of these confederate skin walkers. It's sick, and anyone still trying to play that "to be fair" with fascists is soft in the head.

All of them need to go, from fox to the main orangutantrum."

You should not be able to get away with constantly lying about things that are clearly easily provable to be false. If Mr. Spicer had an ounce of shame, he would be laying low for a decade or two so that people can have time to forget his American "Chemical Ali" routine. Same with the current Press Secretary. But they won't. Because they have no shame.

This is not normal.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:16:28 PM by TheZookie007 »
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

« Reply #6571 on: January 30, 2018, 10:53:05 AM »

This is not normal.

We know this is not normal. The insane don't know. They think this is normal.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6572 on: January 30, 2018, 10:16:44 PM »
I gather the State of the Uniom (sic) address was just two hours of jingoism and self-gratification for Trump and his GOP lackeys.

Here's the REAL State of the Union - and all this happened just this week.

1. FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was pressured into taking an earlier retirement than he anticipated, pretty much because he was tired of all the bullshit allegations against him and his agency coming from the WH. Things like how he personally could not be objective in the Russia Investigation because he's married to a Democrat....

2. Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) and the other Republicans on the House Select Committee on Intelligence have asked to release a memo which they claim will lay bare all the Derp State Secret Conspiracies against the Trump administration. Like how Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein committed a crime by re-authorizing surveillance of Trump campaign flunky Carter Page, whom the FBI had been keeping an eye on (with good reason) since at least 2015.

3. The Democrats on the committee wish to release their own counter-memo correcting those allegations, but the R's on the committee blocked them, saying that could compromise national security. Which is exactly what the DOJ said releasing the R's "memo" would do.

4. House Speaker Paul Ryan has basically declared war on the FBI, calling for a "cleansing" of the organization....

5. Oh, and remember early last year how Congress passed a bill by something like a total of 517-5 to place new sanctions on Russia for their interference in the 2016 presidential campaign? Yesterday was the legally required deadline for the sanctions to be put in place. Trump refused to do so. According to the WH, the mere "threat" of sanctions has caused the Russians to play nice now, so actual sanctions aren't needed at all.

6. And a Gallup poll found that in all but two states, Trump's approval rating now is less than the percent of the vote he won in those states in the election (see attachment).

The mid-terms can't come soon enough.

rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6573 on: February 01, 2018, 07:27:29 PM »
How's that swamp draining going?

Just this week:

Brenda Fitzgerald, appointed by Trump to be the director of the Centers for Disease Control, resigned after it was discovered that she had purchased stock in Merck & Co., Bayer, Humana, and a tobacco company after taking her post last June. Not good to have someone in charge of a significant part of the nation's health policy owning shares in drug and tobacco companies, is it.

The Washington Post reported that Ben Carson Jr., the son of the Secretary for Housing and Urban Development (HUD), had been essentially hanging around HUD, networking to drum up support for his own businesses, including inviting his business associates to HUD events.

Another report found that Trump’s infrastructure council is filled with business owners who stand to benefit from the policies Trump is advancing.

The Palm Beach Post reported that Trump Realty is expanding its holdings in Florida. And speaking of Palm Beach, for the FIFTH time, Trump is suing the Palm Beach County Property Appraiser, claiming that the assessment on the Trump National Golf Club is too high. The county valued it at $19.7 million, for a tax bill of almost $400,000. Trump sent them less than $300,000 and a "see you in court" letter. By the way, on his 2016 and 2017 financial disclosure forms, Trump said the resort was worth over $50 million......
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.

« Reply #6574 on: February 02, 2018, 12:15:51 AM »
How's that swamp draining going?

Just this week:

Brenda Fitzgerald, appointed by Trump to be the director of the Centers for Disease Control, resigned after it was discovered that she had purchased stock in Merck & Co., Bayer, Humana, and a tobacco company after taking her post last June. Not good to have someone in charge of a significant part of the nation's health policy owning shares in drug and tobacco companies, is it.

The Washington Post reported that Ben Carson Jr., the son of the Secretary for Housing and Urban Development (HUD), had been essentially hanging around HUD, networking to drum up support for his own businesses, including inviting his business associates to HUD events.

Another report found that Trump’s infrastructure council is filled with business owners who stand to benefit from the policies Trump is advancing.

The Palm Beach Post reported that Trump Realty is expanding its holdings in Florida. And speaking of Palm Beach, for the FIFTH time, Trump is suing the Palm Beach County Property Appraiser, claiming that the assessment on the Trump National Golf Club is too high. The county valued it at $19.7 million, for a tax bill of almost $400,000. Trump sent them less than $300,000 and a "see you in court" letter. By the way, on his 2016 and 2017 financial disclosure forms, Trump said the resort was worth over $50 million......

Only the dumbest of the dumbest (or lobotomized persons) would have expected that a billionaire business man and his business partners and friends taking admin jobs wouldn't be corrupt at all.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

StrikezOne

• In Need Now More Than Ever
    • Email
« Reply #6575 on: February 02, 2018, 09:24:50 PM »
So, what we have here is basically an opinion, a couple of tweets, an item subject to different interpretations, a couple of minor errors of fact (dates and the like), and a few really small "oopsies" resulting from being overeager to get a story out.

And you'll note that in each of them (except for the last, which is Donnie's wishful thinking), corrections were swiftly made and punishments given where appropriate. That's how REAL news works.

Has Donnie ever admitted being incorrect?

I dont even know where to start.

It must feel good to just brush away all this fake news as a big "whoopsy daisy!" It must be because it was negative coverage towards Trump. Notice how its never a positive "whoopsy daisy" on the part of leftist media?

I also want to say that a lot of these fake news anti-Trump stories were ran NON STOP for about a 48 hour news cycle across the spectrum. For example, Trump feeding the fish. They connected it to his mental fitness and all this crap. Casual liberal viewers believe all this because its forced so much down their throats that to this day, I would say a majority of liberals dont even know that these stories were fake.

Thats because these stories consume the liberal viewer for 48 hours, it sinks in as the absolute truth (despite people on forums trying to convince them otherwise), and they never even hear about the retractions and corrections. Its not like they run a 48 hour cycle of how they just duped liberals on anti trump news.

What ever happend to verifying what you are reporting? Is that so much to ask? We excuse these ppl as "overly eager"? Give me a break.

I also noticed that no one corrected a post in the Funny Politics thread about a brietbart story with that jet ski, because YES, they offer retractions and corrections as well. But thats not looked at as a big whoopsy or overly eager now is it?

Theres clearly an incentive to undermine and blast negativity towards Trump by the radical extremist leftist communist terrorist news outlets. Idiots swallow it all up because the corrections and retractions only happen when they are caught or in a 5 second spot at 1:03pm on CNN.
Dark Brandon quietly doing his job:

Highest Inflation in 40yrs
Highest Gas Prices Ever
Forced Vax on Millions of healthy Americans
Highest Mortgage rates in 15yrs
Most Illegal Border Crossings in US History
Loss of Energy Independence
High Taxes
High Crime
Afghanistan Disaster
Nordstream 2 Pipeline
Hunter Corruption/Treason
Vacations > Ohio Train Derailment, Maui Fires
WW3
America LAST

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #6576 on: February 02, 2018, 09:57:42 PM »
The only way you know what the left are saying is go to a left wing site, not to what the right is saying what the left is saying.
Otherwise I have no idea what you are talking about?!?!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 10:01:02 PM by 3deroticer »
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

« Reply #6577 on: February 03, 2018, 02:26:50 PM »
Gosh.  ... I lost 50 points of IQ by just watching 30 min. of Faux News in a Hilton Hotel last night. Now I know why Faux News watchers argue and sound like they are lobotomized. Can't understand how someone wants to watch something biased like that crap.

And the biggest fun is Faux News has the channel directly beside Russia today.

Yeah. Now everything starts to make sense.

StrikezOne

• In Need Now More Than Ever
    • Email
« Reply #6578 on: February 03, 2018, 02:42:39 PM »
If someone says Fox News is biased but says CNN is the center of democracy, there's no way they even have an IQ of 50 to begin with.

Both Fox News and CNN are biased. They both push their own narratives. They both publish fake news. Plain and simple.

Those that only see Fox News as biased are just radical extremist leftist communist terrorists.
Dark Brandon quietly doing his job:

Highest Inflation in 40yrs
Highest Gas Prices Ever
Forced Vax on Millions of healthy Americans
Highest Mortgage rates in 15yrs
Most Illegal Border Crossings in US History
Loss of Energy Independence
High Taxes
High Crime
Afghanistan Disaster
Nordstream 2 Pipeline
Hunter Corruption/Treason
Vacations > Ohio Train Derailment, Maui Fires
WW3
America LAST

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #6579 on: February 03, 2018, 04:05:22 PM »
Meanwhile FOXnews still refuse to list themselves as a news show in order to avoid to adhere strict guideline for the industry standards for news.
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6580 on: February 03, 2018, 10:38:57 PM »
OK, now that the Memo Of DOOM! is out, what does it have to say?

1. Carter Page was being watched by the FBI WELL BEFORE the "Steele Dossier" was even a thing.
2. Robert Mueller's investigation started BEFORE the Steele Dossier was known to the FBI.

And furthermore, when it comes to FISA warrants:

1. They are NEVER based on a single factor or single source.
2. Renewal is approved IF AND ONLY IF the investigation is considered productive, AND they are approved by several high-level staffers in the FBI AND a panel of four judges.

So basically, Nunes not only failed to prove what he said he was going to, he actually did the exact opposite!

And, as MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace commented:

“How stupid are they? Do any of them read? What they just revealed — I’m sorry if I’m getting this wrong — they just revealed the Trump campaign hired an agent of a foreign power as their senior foreign policy advisor to the president’s campaign…That’s what happens when you rely on Devin Nunes as your strategist, I guess.”
rtpoe

Pendejo

• A Cup
« Reply #6581 on: February 03, 2018, 10:58:21 PM »
 ;D

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6582 on: February 06, 2018, 12:08:13 AM »
The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 666 points on Friday, February 2nd.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 1,600 points on Monday, February 5th, ending down by 1,175 points. This is the biggest point decline in history during a trading day.

When the DJIA was hitting a high or two, the current occupant of the White House claimed all the credit. Now that it's declined by close to 2000 points in two trading days, bupkiss.

The debt ceiling is going to be breached a full month earlier than expected, in part because of the huge tax windfall that this current Congress has given to billionaires and billion-dollar corporations. ExxonMobil is slated to get a $6 billion windfall for example. More than a year into this "administration", the United States Government still does not have a budget, and the second government shutdown in as many months looms -- all while every branch of government is being held by the same party.

This is not normal.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

Cutter

• X Cup
« Reply #6583 on: February 06, 2018, 05:31:06 AM »
Regretfully, this IS the normal now. 

Actually do the job required by the US Constitution and submit a yearly budget has not been normal for almost 16 years now.  There was an abnormal year about 3 years ago when they did submit a budget, however that was an aberration.
Cutter

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!

My DVD   http://mightyo.site.aplus.net/ussclamagoretourdvd.com/

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6584 on: February 06, 2018, 10:17:45 PM »
BOYCOTT THE REPUBLICAN PARTY
Jonathan Rauch and Benjamin Wittes
The Atlantic, March 2018 issue

If conservatives want to save the GOP from itself, they need to vote mindlessly and mechanically against its nominees.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/03/boycott-the-gop/550907/

This, then, is the article we thought we would never write: a frank statement that a certain form of partisanship is now a moral necessity. The Republican Party, as an institution, has become a danger to the rule of law and the integrity of our democracy. The problem is not just Donald Trump; it’s the larger political apparatus that made a conscious decision to enable him. In a two-party system, nonpartisanship works only if both parties are consistent democratic actors. If one of them is not predictably so, the space for nonpartisans evaporates. We’re thus driven to believe that the best hope of defending the country from Trump’s Republican enablers, and of saving the Republican Party from itself, is to do as Toren Beasley did: vote mindlessly and mechanically against Republicans at every opportunity, until the party either rights itself or implodes (very preferably the former).

We’re proposing something different. We’re suggesting that in today’s situation, people should vote a straight Democratic ticket even if they are not partisan, and despite their policy views. They should vote against Republicans in a spirit that is, if you will, prepartisan and prepolitical. Their attitude should be: The rule of law is a threshold value in American politics, and a party that endangers this value disqualifies itself, period. In other words, under certain peculiar and deeply regrettable circumstances, sophisticated, independent-minded voters need to act as if they were dumb-ass partisans.

Even now, erosion is visible. Republican partisans and policy makers routinely accept insults to constitutional norms that, under Barack Obama, they would have condemned as outrageous. When Trump tweeted about taking “NBC and the Networks” off the air (“Network news has become so partisan, distorted and fake that licenses must be challenged and, if appropriate, revoked”), congressional Republicans were quick to repudiate … left-wing media bias. In a poll by the Cato Institute, almost two-thirds of Republican respondents agreed with the president that journalists are “an enemy of the American people.” How much damage can Trump do in the next three years? We don’t know, but we see no grounds to be complacent.

So we arrive at a syllogism:

(1) The GOP has become the party of Trumpism.
    (2) Trumpism is a threat to democratic values and the rule of law.
    (3) The Republican Party is a threat to democratic values and the rule of law.

If the syllogism holds, then the most-important tasks in U.S. politics right now are to change the Republicans’ trajectory and to deprive them of power in the meantime. In our two-party system, the surest way to accomplish these things is to support the other party, in every race from president to dogcatcher. The goal is to make the Republican Party answerable at every level, exacting a political price so stinging as to force the party back into the democratic fold.

We understand why Republicans, even moderate ones, are reluctant to cross party lines. Party, today, is identity. But in the through-the-looking-glass era of Donald Trump, the best thing Republicans can do for their party is vote against it.

We understand, too, the many imperfections of the Democratic Party. Its left is extreme, its center is confused, and it has its share of bad apples. But the Democratic Party is not a threat to our democratic order. That is why we are rising above our independent predilections and behaving like dumb-ass partisans. It’s why we hope many smart people will do the same.

(empahses mine)
rtpoe