rtpoe

• Old Fart
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #6675 on: March 14, 2018, 09:20:32 PM »
Thousands of students walked out and marched today to honor the 17 killed in Florida.

Best sign seen (so far):

I have seen the 'deadliest mass shooting in US history' 1 2 3 times. I am 18 years old. #Enough.

Oh, and with regards to arming teachers?

2 “good guys with guns” accidentally fired them in schools on Tuesday

By Emily Stewart, Vox, Mar 14, 2018

In Alexandria, Virginia, on Tuesday, a school resource officer — a five-year veteran of the Alexandria Police Department — accidentally discharged his weapon while inside George Washington Middle School. No one, including the officer, was injured.

A teacher who is also a reserve police officer trained to use a gun accidentally discharged a firearm at Seaside High School in Monterey County, California, on Tuesday. According to the local outlet KSBW, Dennis Alexander’s gun went off around 1 pm while he was teaching a course about gun safety. He was pointing his gun at the ceiling when it went off, and pieces of the ceiling hit the ground.

The local police department said no one suffered serious injuries, but one 17-year-old boy was harmed when fragments from the bullet hit his neck, the boy’s father, Fermin Gonzales, told KSBW. The boy’s parents only figured out what had happened when he returned home from school with blood on his shirt and bullet fragments on his neck.

Note that both people were trained in the use of firearms.....
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6676 on: March 16, 2018, 10:20:52 PM »
In an act of unmitigated pettiness, Andrew McCabe has been fired as Deputy Director of the FBI - just 26 hours before he was scheduled to retire. AG Jeff Sessions did the dirty deed, but we all know that El Presidente was behind it.

For it was the Trumpster who made a HYUUUUUGE deal out of the fact that McCabe's wife once ran for office in Virginia as a Democrat, and she received campaign funding from an ally of the Clinton's. Obviously, he could not be trusted to be unbiased (i.e. loyal to Trump)!!!

“I am being singled out and treated this way because of the role I played, the actions I took, and the events I witnessed in the aftermath of the firing of James Comey,” McCabe said in a statement released minutes after the firing was announced. “This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally.”

Sessions announced McCabe’s firing in a statement, in which he said the Justice Department and FBI had determined “that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor—including under oath—on multiple occasions,” according to the Washington Post.

The New York Times reported on Wednesday that the Justice Department’s inspector general had determined that McCabe hadn’t been forthcoming during a review of the DOJ and FBI’s handling of the Clinton investigation. It’s not clear what McCabe may not have been forthcoming about.

Even if you agree that McCabe had to go, it's the timing issue that shows just how petty the thing is. If you had enough justification to fire him, why wait until the day before he's set to retire to do it? On just let him retire without a fuss? Unless your real goal is to make him ineligible for his pension... And if that's the situation, he's got grounds to fight it.

And by the way, it seems that McCabe found out about his firing when a reporter called him to ask about it. Yep, can't even fire someone to his face anymore......

assholes.
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.

« Reply #6677 on: March 17, 2018, 04:15:46 AM »
In an act of unmitigated pettiness, Andrew McCabe has been fired as Deputy Director of the FBI - just 26 hours before he was scheduled to retire. AG Jeff Sessions did the dirty deed, but we all know that El Presidente was behind it.

For it was the Trumpster who made a HYUUUUUGE deal out of the fact that McCabe's wife once ran for office in Virginia as a Democrat, and she received campaign funding from an ally of the Clinton's. Obviously, he could not be trusted to be unbiased (i.e. loyal to Trump)!!!

“I am being singled out and treated this way because of the role I played, the actions I took, and the events I witnessed in the aftermath of the firing of James Comey,” McCabe said in a statement released minutes after the firing was announced. “This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally.”

Sessions announced McCabe’s firing in a statement, in which he said the Justice Department and FBI had determined “that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor—including under oath—on multiple occasions,” according to the Washington Post.

The New York Times reported on Wednesday that the Justice Department’s inspector general had determined that McCabe hadn’t been forthcoming during a review of the DOJ and FBI’s handling of the Clinton investigation. It’s not clear what McCabe may not have been forthcoming about.

Even if you agree that McCabe had to go, it's the timing issue that shows just how petty the thing is. If you had enough justification to fire him, why wait until the day before he's set to retire to do it? On just let him retire without a fuss? Unless your real goal is to make him ineligible for his pension... And if that's the situation, he's got grounds to fight it.

And by the way, it seems that McCabe found out about his firing when a reporter called him to ask about it. Yep, can't even fire someone to his face anymore......

assholes.

you mean this is a way to deny his pensions or reduce it?

If this really happens Trumpelstilsken and his goons are not assholes, they are worms!
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #6678 on: March 17, 2018, 02:13:28 PM »
https://act.moveon.org/event/mueller-firing-rapid-response-events/search/

Trump called on lawyers to fire Mueller and end the investigation.
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6679 on: March 17, 2018, 05:25:01 PM »

For it was the Trumpster who made a HYUUUUUGE deal out of the fact that McCabe's wife once ran for office in Virginia as a Democrat, and she received campaign funding from an ally of the Clinton's. Obviously, he could not be trusted to be unbiased (i.e. loyal to Trump)!!!...

assholes.

How ironic is it that the person whose largest claim to fame was in using the catchphrase "You're fired" doesn't have the balls to fire anyone from his employ face-to-face? What a disrespectful wimp he is.

It's extremely petty of him to have done this. I hope Mr. McCabe takes this "administration" to court and fights for and gets his pension restored. Why would you give Mr. Mueller yet more ammo to take you down? It makes no sense. But then nothing about these people does.

Speaking of "law and order":

"Don Jr’s wife hires criminal defense lawyer for divorce case as Mueller probe heats up"
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6680 on: March 17, 2018, 05:31:15 PM »
"Responding to a comment by MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell that fired former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe might still be eligible for his retirement, a Democratic lawmaker from Wisconsin offered McCabe a 2-day temp job to help him regain his reward for 21 years of government service.

Taking to Twitter, Rep. Mark Pocan linked to a tweet from Mitchell, who said the former FBI official might qualify if he’s hired by a member of Congress, adding they he would like to hear from McCabe about the Trump “crime family.”

You can see the tweet below:"

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6681 on: March 17, 2018, 11:24:19 PM »
Former CIA Director John Brennan had some words for El Presidente:

rtpoe

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6682 on: March 18, 2018, 05:30:31 AM »
Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

Those are some very strong words. Too bad the current occupant of the Oval couldn't understand half of them because they are multi-syllabic.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6683 on: March 19, 2018, 11:54:19 AM »
Really, Ms. Kelly? You don't say...

The Hill: "Megyn Kelly: I think Putin has something on Trump"
Megyn Kelly said Saturday that she thinks Russian President Vladimir Putin "has something" on President Trump.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6684 on: March 20, 2018, 01:12:41 AM »
It's even worse than I thought.

Engadget: "Making sense of the F___b__k and Cambridge Analytica nightmare"
The firm harvested data from 50 million F___b__k profiles, but now what?

...Cambridge Analytica is a political data analytics firm and a subsidiary of a larger behavioral research firm called Strategic Communication Laboratories (SCL). SCL's stated mission seems at once both dry and ominous: it aims to "create behavior change through research, data, analytics, and strategy for both domestic and international government clients." CA's goal of effecting behavioral change doesn't stray too far from its parent company's mission, but the firm was created (with help from billionaire right-wing financier Robert Mercer) in 2013 to bring a specific kind of expertise to bear on the American electoral process.

By mashing up different kinds of personal data scraped from the internet, Cambridge Analytica sought to build "psychographic" profiles assigned to people who could later be pursued with specifically targeted ads and content. The firm made headlines in earlier election cycles because of ties to Senator Ted Cruz's presidential bid. But in 2016, Jared Kushner tapped it to take over data operations for the Trump campaign. Later, reports from The Guardian's Carole Cadwalladr indicated that Cambridge Analytica had done work to identify voters in the UK that could be persuaded to back the Brexit movement.

In other words, it's a lot more than your typical data science company. CA whistleblower Christopher Wylie was pointed in his assessment of the firm in an interview with The Guardian: "It's incorrect to call Cambridge Analytica a purely sort of data science company or an algorithm company -- it is a full-service propaganda machine."

In the meantime, guess who has been as quiet as the grave over the past few weeks as the scandal kept growing and growing -- and who at the same time has been offloading billions of dollars of shares in his own company, just before the share price took a nosedive? No, take another guess.

« Reply #6685 on: March 20, 2018, 06:12:38 AM »
It's even worse than I thought.

Engadget: "Making sense of the F___b__k and Cambridge Analytica nightmare"
The firm harvested data from 50 million F___b__k profiles, but now what?

...Cambridge Analytica is a political data analytics firm and a subsidiary of a larger behavioral research firm called Strategic Communication Laboratories (SCL). SCL's stated mission seems at once both dry and ominous: it aims to "create behavior change through research, data, analytics, and strategy for both domestic and international government clients." CA's goal of effecting behavioral change doesn't stray too far from its parent company's mission, but the firm was created (with help from billionaire right-wing financier Robert Mercer) in 2013 to bring a specific kind of expertise to bear on the American electoral process.

By mashing up different kinds of personal data scraped from the internet, Cambridge Analytica sought to build "psychographic" profiles assigned to people who could later be pursued with specifically targeted ads and content. The firm made headlines in earlier election cycles because of ties to Senator Ted Cruz's presidential bid. But in 2016, Jared Kushner tapped it to take over data operations for the Trump campaign. Later, reports from The Guardian's Carole Cadwalladr indicated that Cambridge Analytica had done work to identify voters in the UK that could be persuaded to back the Brexit movement.

In other words, it's a lot more than your typical data science company. CA whistleblower Christopher Wylie was pointed in his assessment of the firm in an interview with The Guardian: "It's incorrect to call Cambridge Analytica a purely sort of data science company or an algorithm company -- it is a full-service propaganda machine."

In the meantime, guess who has been as quiet as the grave over the past few weeks as the scandal kept growing and growing -- and who at the same time has been offloading billions of dollars of shares in his own company, just before the share price took a nosedive? No, take another guess.

What is the worst is, that several tech companies have contracts with Mercer for the retirement plans of their employees. If I would be a owner of a tech company, I would make sure Mercer is thrown out of any contracts.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6686 on: March 20, 2018, 05:20:01 PM »

What is the worst is, that several tech companies have contracts with Mercer for the retirement plans of their employees. If I would be a owner of a tech company, I would make sure Mercer is thrown out of any contracts.

Both the father and the daughter. Equally evil.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6687 on: March 20, 2018, 09:59:20 PM »
Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), told reporters Monday evening that Zuckerberg's got some 'splainin to do. And former Connecticut attorney general warned, "Zuckerberg ought to be subpoenaed to testify if he won't do it voluntarily."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/democratic-senator-calls-on-mark-zuckerberg-to-testify-before-congress/

The SCOTUS has decided not to hear the Pennsylvanian GOPs last ditch attempt to get rid of the more fair Congressional districts that the PA courts imposed when the PA GOP wouldn't clean up their own gerrymandering. This bodes well for the other gerrymandering cases making their way through the courts.

http://wonkette.com/631455/supreme-court-tells-pennsylvania-gop-to-eat-it-my-isnt-that-sad

At a rally in New Hampshire, El Presidente finally talked about the opiod crisis. His Master Plan calls for the death penalty for dealers, and anti-drug commercials to scare people. Remember those fried eggs?

Speaking of El Presidente, he's got a new lawyer on his team. Joe DiGenova is best known for spouting nutty conspiracy theories about the "Deep State" that somehow rigged the election in Clinton's favor and everyone in the Dept of Justice and FBI are doing all they can to stop Trump because they are unfair meanies. Apparently, Lionel Hutz didn't return any phone calls.

Oh, and Trump's personal attorney, John Dowd, uses purple comic sans font in his e-mails all the time.....

When El Presidente let it be known that he wanted to call his boss Putin after the latter's re-election, the national security team prepared a briefing for him, complete with Things To Do and Not Do. The biggest one of the latter was literally put in all caps:

DO NOT CONGRATULATE

So what does Donnie the Good Boy do?

Yep.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-national-security-advisers-warned-him-not-to-congratulate-putin-he-did-it-anyway/2018/03/20/22738ebc-2c68-11e8-8ad6-fbc50284fce8_story.html
rtpoe

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6688 on: March 21, 2018, 01:36:21 AM »

When El Presidente let it be known that he wanted to call his boss Putin after the latter's re-election, the national security team prepared a briefing for him, complete with Things To Do and Not Do. The biggest one of the latter was literally put in all caps:

DO NOT CONGRATULATE

So what does Donnie the Good Boy do?

Yep.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-national-security-advisers-warned-him-not-to-congratulate-putin-he-did-it-anyway/2018/03/20/22738ebc-2c68-11e8-8ad6-fbc50284fce8_story.html

There's not enough facepalm emojis in the world...

« Reply #6689 on: March 21, 2018, 02:32:41 AM »
After all Putin is his boss and has files over files about Trumpelstilsken by his hands.