Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #6735 on: April 11, 2018, 08:26:38 AM »
And the election was not democratic.
Do you have any evidence of that?

It may not have been the result you wanted - but unless you have any evidence to the contrary - it was a fair and democratic vote.

You talk of democracy - yet you seem to despise it.
Maybe you better comment on the: "Better inform yourself". What was the outcome?

Is a democratic election for you when the government controls all media corporation by law? Nothing really critical about the government can be broadcaster anymore under the fear of being oppressed or shut down ? NGO's opposing the government got shut down or getting oppressed?
Voters get one sided media informations and mails? Is this a democratic election? Not only the process of voting is the democratic election. Everything before and after, too. Did you know that FIDESZ while being elected with 48,5% now has 134 out if 199? This was changed in 2011 under Organ?
How DARE YOU to tell me this is democratic and I would despise democracy?

Gosh! How far has democracy come if people can't distinguish anymore what a real democratic election is and what is the doing of totalitarians.

And I am the one who despise democracy? While others help totalitarians and Nazi's by saying shit about democracy.
It is a big misunderstanding. It is NOT democracy to help totalitarians, dictators and Nazi's into power. It is the exact opposite of democracy, the grabbing of power, like you see in that German example from 85 years ago.

Why is this so hard to understand for some people they got indoctrinated with wron democratic standards, by totalitarians, dictators and Nazi's. The new German Nazi's die exactly the same. Telling their version of democracy, that they are the only one protecting it and the only one protecting free speech even the language causes hate and violence, but hailing the strong totalitarian Russian dictator Putin and are the first to forbid their critiques every word and wanting to send members of our current democratic elected government to jail or deport them.

oops typing on smartphone and auto correct is sometimes a problem ... what I tried to say:

"Did you know that FIDESZ while being elected with 48,5% now has 134 out of 199 seats in the parliament? This change is due to the strongest party get more bonus seats was changed in 2011 under Orban!"

Edit: Btw. it is the same twisting of a democratic election like Berlusconi 2005 tried in Italy by changing the election law to safe his ass in the election 2006. Fortunately it didn't help. Unfortunately this misshaping of democratic election has not been completely removed by the following governments ...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 09:13:37 AM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6736 on: April 11, 2018, 08:01:20 PM »
The fun part about the Cohen Affair?

IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA!!!

And while we're all looking at Cohen et al., planning to take to the streets if Trump really does manage to fire Mueller, wondering what sort of corruption Scott Pruitt is up to, and watching staffers on the National Security Council quit (most likely because they cannot work with John "Ned Flanders Evil Twin" Bolton), there's still MORE corruption going on!

Seems that there's a bit of an ownership dispute going on at the Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower in Panama City, Panama. And the Trump Organization sent a letter to the president of Panama, Juan Carlos Varela, "URGENTLY request(ing) your influence in relation to a commercial dispute involving Trump Hotel aired before Panama's judiciary." (emphasis in the original)

http://www.newsday.com/news/world/trump-family-hotel-business-asked-panama-president-for-help-1.17938476

Can you say "conflict of interest" and "emoluments clause"?

And conservative political blogger Erick Erickson caught up with an old Congressional friend of his - when he (Erick) happened to have a recording device on him. Here's what the Congressman said:

He may be an idiot, but he’s still the President and leader of my party and he is capable of doing some things right. But dammit he’s taking us all down with him. We are well and truly f**ked in November….It’s like Forrest Gump won the presidency, but an evil, really f*cking stupid Forrest Gump. He can’t help himself. He’s just a f**king idiot who thinks he’s winning when people are b*tching about him.

….If we get to summer and most of the primaries are over, they just might pull the trigger if the President fires Mueller. The sh*t will hit the fan if that happens and I’d vote to impeach him myself. Most of us would, I think. Hell, all the Democrats would and you only need a majority in the House. If we’re going to lose because of him, we might as well impeach the motherf**ker.

….I say a lot of shit on TV defending him, even over this. But honestly, I wish the motherf*cker would just go away. We’re going to lose the House, lose the Senate, and lose a bunch of states because of him. All his supporters will blame us for what we have or have not done, but he hasn’t led. He wakes up in the morning, sh*ts all over Twitter, sh*ts all over us, sh*ts all over his staff, then hits golf balls. F*ck him. Of course, I can’t say that in public or I’d get run out of town.

http://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/erick-erickson/a-congressman-s-profanity-laced-tirade-in-a-safeway-grocery-store-SeHI2l5bIECGQn4gmnzGaw/?full=1

Some analysts have used contextual clues to determine that the ranter is most likely Peter King (R-NY).

But if that really is even close to what GOP congresspeople think of El Presidente..... oh man!
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6737 on: April 11, 2018, 10:17:09 PM »
Yes, that does sound like that racist peter king alright.

Speaking of being shat upon by shitty human beings: Paul Ryan isn't seeking re-election, because he knows his smarmy vampiric ass is going to lose to Democratic challenger Randy "Iron Stache" Bryce. If that wasn't bad enough:

When Obama took office in the middle of the Great Recession, the American economy was sick. Republicans pushed back against Democratic proposals, refusing to sign off on policies that would have used tax cuts and direct spending to immediately reduce unemployment. After Republicans took the White House, Ryan shepherded the largest non-wartime, expansion-era tax cut in American history, which almost all experts say will disproportionately benefit rich shareholders in the long run.

Ryan coasted on a reputation for being a sui generis Washington creature—smooth starch-suited politician on the outside, meticulous tweed-jacketed academic on the inside. But his legacy may be quite different. Ryan presented himself for years as a debt warrior. He blasted deficits to weaken a Democratic president and, once in power, oversaw a historic peacetime run-up in deficits to benefit multinational companies and rich Republican donors, much of whose wealth is tied up in stocks in those very companies.

Judging from that record, it’s reasonable to conclude that’s what Ryan really cared about: Shifting the income distribution of the United States even more  towards the wealthy. In that case, the trouble with Ryan is not that he’s an unusually mendacious or cynical politician. It’s that he was a typical pol, using a fear-based campaign to gain public support for  advancing the private interests of the financial elite. For all his singular laurels, Paul Ryan turned out to be a cliché.

Fuck him.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

« Reply #6738 on: April 12, 2018, 07:39:57 AM »

are there actually ANY GOP members that didn't rob or betray the US? Names?
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6739 on: April 12, 2018, 09:49:15 PM »
are there actually ANY GOP members that didn't rob or betray the US? Names?

Very few. And that is very sad.

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #6740 on: April 12, 2018, 09:49:47 PM »
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mit-expert-claims-latest-chemical-100819428.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=fb

Trumps is desperate for a distraction, are they capable of staging a threat? White House fears that the FBI confiscated tapes of Trump and his lawyers recording, and both plan to plead the fifth to a trial. This month if not weeks might be the closing nail on the coffin of his presidency!
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6741 on: April 13, 2018, 12:09:13 AM »
This month if not weeks might be the closing nail on the coffin of his presidency!

Since articles of impeachment come from the House of Representatives, and since the current crop of Republicans are so cravenly-partisan that they put their careers ahead of the oath they swore to uphold and protect the Constitution, unless and until the House and the Senate are returned to the Democrats, I shall not hold my breath.

MSNBC: The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell: "Paul Ryan Is The Worst House Speaker Ever"

Once again, because of his tax cuts which increased the deficit, reduced the social safety net, and enriched the already-insanely wealthy while punishing "the least of us": fuck him.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6742 on: April 13, 2018, 10:30:55 PM »
Trumps is desperate for a distraction...

Look! Bombs falling on Damascus!!!!

Oh, and here's probably the most important passage in Comey's book (as described in the Washington Post's review/article):

Trump was accompanied at the Trump Tower session by his national security team, as well as by political aides Reince Priebus and Sean Spicer, who were slated to become White House chief of staff and press secretary respectively. Trump asked only one question, Comey writes: “You found there was no impact on the result, right?”

James R. Clapper Jr., then the director of national intelligence, replied that the intelligence community did no such analysis.

Comey recalls being struck that neither Trump nor his advisers asked about the future Russian threat, nor how the United States might prepare to meet it. Rather, he writes, they focused on “how they could spin what we’d just told them.”

With Clapper and then-CIA Director John O. Brennan—both Obama appointees—still in the room, Priebus and other Trump aides strategized for political advantage, Comey writes. The Trump team decided they would emphasize that Russian interference had no impact on the vote—which, Clapper reminded them, the intelligence community had not determined.
[/size]

A mere two weeks away from being inaugurated, and when told that the intelligence community concluded that Russia attacked the US (through cyberwarfare), Trump & Co. didn't give a shit.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 10:38:05 PM by rtpoe »
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.

« Reply #6743 on: April 14, 2018, 12:45:26 AM »
Trumps is desperate for a distraction...

Look! Bombs falling on Damascus!!!!

Oh, and here's probably the most important passage in Comey's book (as described in the Washington Post's review/article):

Trump was accompanied at the Trump Tower session by his national security team, as well as by political aides Reince Priebus and Sean Spicer, who were slated to become White House chief of staff and press secretary respectively. Trump asked only one question, Comey writes: “You found there was no impact on the result, right?”

James R. Clapper Jr., then the director of national intelligence, replied that the intelligence community did no such analysis.

Comey recalls being struck that neither Trump nor his advisers asked about the future Russian threat, nor how the United States might prepare to meet it. Rather, he writes, they focused on “how they could spin what we’d just told them.”

With Clapper and then-CIA Director John O. Brennan—both Obama appointees—still in the room, Priebus and other Trump aides strategized for political advantage, Comey writes. The Trump team decided they would emphasize that Russian interference had no impact on the vote—which, Clapper reminded them, the intelligence community had not determined.
[/size]

A mere two weeks away from being inaugurated, and when told that the intelligence community concluded that Russia attacked the US (through cyberwarfare), Trump & Co. didn't give a shit.

And I thought that the most important passage was that Comey said Trumpelstilsken is a mafia boss and he lives in his own universe of alternative (artificallymade up) facts and he wants to pull others into it.

For the first case there are prisons for the latter one psychiatric clinics.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6744 on: April 14, 2018, 07:36:59 PM »

Why would they care? They won. That's all that mattered to them. That's how craven the entire team (Vice President Pence, Reince Preibus, and all the rest) are.

This is not normal.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6745 on: April 15, 2018, 10:03:47 PM »
Why did he just out of the blue pardon the man who outed CIA operative Valerie Plame, lied to the FBI and thereby obstructed justice? No one asked for it. Even the man who sorta kinda benefited from the outing, Pres. GW Bush, didn't do more than commute his sentence. Also, he himself said (if you can believe him) that "he doesn't know him". What's the benefit?

Also, why does he not understand what exactly "lawyer-client privilege" entails? Why does he say "all lawyers are deflated" when 1) he's not a lawyer, 2) he has zero understanding of the law, and 3) actual lawyers like Preet Bharara have to explain what it means? (The FBI didn't "break down the door"; they did everything by the book including getting warrants.)

All of which leads to this (Democratic) lawmaker's advice to the current occupant of the Oval: "Resign, it will get worse"

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6746 on: April 16, 2018, 07:42:30 PM »
Hey, you know who ELSE is a client of Michael Cohen?

SEAN HANNITY!!!!!

Do you think he'll "recuse" himself from covering Trump?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:52:28 PM by rtpoe »
rtpoe

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6747 on: April 17, 2018, 12:33:15 AM »

SEAN HANNITY!!!!!

Jiminy Cricket! What the hell is wrong with this Cohen dude?? Where did he get his law degree from, a box of Crackerjacks?

And notice how Hannity, who had Cohen on his show a gazillion times, never once said "In the interest of full disclosure, I have to say that I've consulted with Michael Cohen for legal advice..."? Could you imagine if for instance Anderson Cooper had done something similar?

This is not normal.

« Reply #6748 on: April 17, 2018, 01:39:05 AM »

SEAN HANNITY!!!!!

Jiminy Cricket! What the hell is wrong with this Cohen dude?? Where did he get his law degree from, a box of Crackerjacks?

And notice how Hannity, who had Cohen on his show a gazillion times, never once said "In the interest of full disclosure, I have to say that I've consulted with Michael Cohen for legal advice..."? Could you imagine if for instance Anderson Cooper had done something similar?

This is not normal.

I'm not familiar with US anchor men. But let me guess: This Sean Hannity guy is FauxNews?

« Reply #6749 on: April 17, 2018, 01:45:19 AM »
ah yes, it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKLScxwIDJY

I don't wonder anymore ...it is a deep brown swamp.