Pendejo

• A Cup
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #6930 on: June 22, 2018, 10:22:43 PM »
"It's about the ch#&@ren, it's about basic human rights!'

The Associated Press published a story on Thursday about alleged abuse of **09** immigrants that buried the fact that the abuse began during the Obama administration.

The AP story focuses on court filings from Latino teens who allege that they were abused while being held in an immigration detention facility. The allegations are horrific, with one young immigrant claiming, “Whenever they used to restrain me and put me in the chair, they would handcuff me … They have total control over you. They also put a bag over your head. It has little holes; you can see through it. But you feel suffocated with the bag on.”

The article mentions President Donald Trump and his administration’s zero-tolerance policy at least four times in the first ten paragraphs, leaving the implicit suggestion that the Trump administration is responsible for the alleged abuse.

It is only when the reader gets to the 20th paragraph of the story that they discover the allegations stem back to at least 2016 — during President Obama’s administration.

Nevertheless, the article declines to ever even mention Obama’s name.

Now if president Trump is a uncaring, racist monster, what does that make Obama?

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #6931 on: June 22, 2018, 10:44:37 PM »
Obama is no longer the president of the United States. He no longer has the ability to tear apart families who are simply trying to get a better life, start stupid and pointless trade wars that no one will win, destroy international alliances that have lasted for decades, degrade the basic civility of social discourse, or ruin America's reputation as the country every other one aspires to be like.

Obama cannot hurt you anymore. Stop worrying about him.
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

chorizo

• B Cup
« Reply #6932 on: June 22, 2018, 11:56:55 PM »

May god have mercy on the souls of the people responsible for this policy - if they have souls.

Your words, remember?

Must be nice to decide the date when to get outraged and who gets the blame.

This whole border immigration flap started on a narrative of mistreatment at detention centers under Trump, but the photo was taken in 2014. Trump was sworn in Jan 20, 2017.  Facts... who needs 'em.

Liberal Handbook Rule 101: Obama gets a free pass forever. Period.

Oh and the "Obama cannot hurt you anymore. Stop worrying about him."

Just switch "Obama" with "George W. and we can all forget the nonsense of he inherited an unpopular war and disastrous economy during his 8 years. You know because Bush wasn't President, he cannot hurt you anymore.

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #6933 on: June 23, 2018, 12:41:47 AM »
Have you forgotten how govt works? When Obama was in office in his last term he had a republican majority house of congress, which for the most part override the presidential power, so every time you blame Obama for the most part you would also have to include whoever had the most power at the time, ( the Republican majority house of congress)

As for the fact, No! Obama didn't have a policy of separating children from the parents when unnecessarily (neither did GWBush), only when they came unaccompanied of their family, and when nearest family was found they get to pick them up, as soon as possible. They try to protect the children from illegal smuggler which have found to be dangerous most of the time. Huge portion of the women come over get to be sexually abuse. The problem of immigration been there for a long time, and nothing could get done because as we found out that there is a stalemate between the GOP wanting to punish the immigrant vs the Democrat that are trying to help them. Corporation wanted to take advantage of the immigrant willing to work for low wages as long as they felt to be hunted by authority.
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

« Reply #6934 on: June 23, 2018, 01:58:22 AM »
"It's about the ch#&@ren, it's about basic human rights!'

The Associated Press published a story on Thursday about alleged abuse of **09** immigrants that buried the fact that the abuse began during the Obama administration.

The AP story focuses on court filings from Latino teens who allege that they were abused while being held in an immigration detention facility. The allegations are horrific, with one young immigrant claiming, “Whenever they used to restrain me and put me in the chair, they would handcuff me … They have total control over you. They also put a bag over your head. It has little holes; you can see through it. But you feel suffocated with the bag on.”

The article mentions President Donald Trump and his administration’s zero-tolerance policy at least four times in the first ten paragraphs, leaving the implicit suggestion that the Trump administration is responsible for the alleged abuse.

It is only when the reader gets to the 20th paragraph of the story that they discover the allegations stem back to at least 2016 — during President Obama’s administration.

Nevertheless, the article declines to ever even mention Obama’s name.

Now if president Trump is a uncaring, racist monster, what does that make Obama?

The ICE or whoever did this to the immigrant childs in 2016 certainly did false and wrong. The persons behind this should be taken into responsibility, presented to court and get into jail. Obama and his administration should be made responsible that they didn't do enough checks and controls of their ICE to get aware of this cases and take these people in responsibility.

I only, ...  I only one time want to hear from right persons like StrikezOne, chorizo or pendejo a similar comment about Trumpelstilsken. Only one time! It won't happen. So failed the German right oriented people saying something against Hitler. And the German far right wing extremist Nazi terrorist idiot people even nowadays fail to say anything against Hitler, they think he made everything correct, they only hail him!

But Trumpelstilsken, Sessions and that blond Eva Braun from Homeland-Security even demanded and ordered to do this with the children to blackmail politicians to agree to their terms and the Mexican wall etc.

While Obama is responsible of missing checks, Trumpelstilsken is directly responsible like Nazis were and should directly go to Den Haag and into jail!

That is the difference and if you can't see this difference and agree to it, you are waisting precious time of civilized society board members.

It is repulsive!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 02:22:36 AM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

« Reply #6935 on: June 23, 2018, 02:13:19 AM »

May god have mercy on the souls of the people responsible for this policy - if they have souls.

Your words, remember?

Must be nice to decide the date when to get outraged and who gets the blame.

This whole border immigration flap started on a narrative of mistreatment at detention centers under Trump, but the photo was taken in 2014. Trump was sworn in Jan 20, 2017.  Facts... who needs 'em.

Liberal Handbook Rule 101: Obama gets a free pass forever. Period.

Oh and the "Obama cannot hurt you anymore. Stop worrying about him."

Just switch "Obama" with "George W. and we can all forget the nonsense of he inherited an unpopular war and disastrous economy during his 8 years. You know because Bush wasn't President, he cannot hurt you anymore.

So you remember when Obama at the very beginning wanted to end the practise and the facility in guantanamo? Who stopped him and worked against him doing this? Who forced him to retreat from his positions? Obama's plan was leaked and Frank Wolf and the rest of the republicans started a campaign against it, then even Harry Reid ...
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/08/01/why-obama-has-failed-to-close-guantanamo

So compare this with above situation of Trumpelstilsken with immigrant childrens. You see a difference in acting?

It is repulsive!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 02:23:54 AM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

« Reply #6936 on: June 25, 2018, 11:41:22 AM »
To be able to continue produce motorcycles for the European market for lower prices without tarrif Harley-Davidson is now shifting production to outside US. And creating production capacities outside the US requires 18 months. In the meantime Harley Davidson will cover the tarrif themselves ...

Obviously Trumpelstilsken, his goons and his idiot voters are idiots and dumb or they would have understood that this won't really work.

Btw. except Volkswagen German car manufacturer like BMW or Mercedes already produce cars in the US, also for export. Which means if Trump starts with tarrif for German cars it will have less effect and even worse, maybe tarrif will be added to German cars produced in the US and exported to other countries ...
Maybe the German car manufacturer do the same like Harley Davidson ... I guess they will just shift to Europe again ...

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #6937 on: June 25, 2018, 12:10:32 PM »
I am not seeing any sign of a impeachment, and so if they are going to keep digging in their hole to keep this guy, then I think we are going to see a huge depression, and this will be use to blame the immigrants problem. It's never going to be Trump's fault, and they will never say they are sorry. The potential for shit getting real! Time to be a Mormon and look for those underground shelter! Well...........might be over reacting........or am I?
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

« Reply #6938 on: June 25, 2018, 03:45:22 PM »
I am not seeing any sign of a impeachment, and so if they are going to keep digging in their hole to keep this guy, then I think we are going to see a huge depression, and this will be use to blame the immigrants problem. It's never going to be Trump's fault, and they will never say they are sorry. The potential for shit getting real! Time to be a Mormon and look for those underground shelter! Well...........might be over reacting........or am I?

You are right with the first half. The German nazis used to blame the jews for the depression. But this was only possible after They made the jews inhuman.

The second half sounds like a prepers thoughts ...
I think better is confront the Nazis, every day.

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #6939 on: June 25, 2018, 05:06:22 PM »

You are right with the first half. The German nazis used to blame the jews for the depression. But this was only possible after They made the jews inhuman.

The second half sounds like a prepers thoughts ...
I think better is confront the Nazis, every day.
[/quote]

Have we taught enough people in school the danger of Hitler and propaganda machine to take action?

I'm 56 years old and my HS stop teaching civics for my generation. People slightly older than me are running as a tea party candidate and have no inkling of how govt works. Its a cross road of half the population doesn't understand the power structure and blame people at the top and repeat cycle of voting for either of the 2 party system. Finally we have a wealthy man who convince us because he is wealthy that he can not be corrupted and was willing to forgo his salary to charity, and barely won the election with a little help from his friend.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6940 on: June 25, 2018, 05:53:28 PM »

Have we taught enough people in school the danger of Hitler and propaganda machine to take action?

Incredibly, the answer seems to be...no.

New York Times, April 12, 2018: "Holocaust Is Fading From Memory, Survey Finds"
"In a recent survey, 41 percent of American adults did not know what Auschwitz is."

We are in serious trouble.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #6941 on: June 25, 2018, 08:37:21 PM »

"In a recent survey, 41 percent of American adults did not know what Auschwitz is."

All we know about Germany in WWII is the blockbuster movies! And now we are having a space force to combat NAZI in space!

« Reply #6942 on: June 26, 2018, 02:18:13 AM »

All we know about Germany in WWII is the blockbuster movies! And now we are having a space force to combat NAZI in space!

You mean the in the Whitehouse? The Oval Office Space?

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6943 on: June 26, 2018, 03:30:53 AM »
President Barack Obama left office in January 2017. His successor has been holding his office for almost two years now. Anyone who says that Obama's successor is "just continuing his policies" with regards to wrenching chi1dren from their parents is lying:

"Jeh Johnson, Obama’s Homeland Security secretary from 2013 to the end of his presidency, said such separations occurred in rare cases, but never as a matter of policy.

"I can't say that it never happened. There may have been some exigent situation, some emergency," Johnson told NPR June 9. "There may have been some doubt about whether the adult accompanying the chi1d was in fact the parent of the chi1d. I can't say it never happened — but not as a matter of policy or practice. It's not something that I could ask our Border Patrol or our immigration enforcement personnel to do."

Obama’s top domestic policy adviser, Cecilia Muñoz, said the Obama administration briefly weighed the separation of parents from chi1dren, before deciding against it.

"I do remember looking at each other like, ‘We’re not going to do this, are we?’ We spent five minutes thinking it through and concluded that it was a bad idea," she told the New York Times. "The morality of it was clear — that’s not who we are."

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #6944 on: June 26, 2018, 03:37:08 AM »

But Trumpelstilsken, Sessions and that blond Eva Braun from Homeland-Security even demanded and ordered to do this with the children to blackmail politicians to agree to their terms and the Mexican wall etc.

While Obama is responsible of missing checks, Trumpelstilsken is directly responsible like Nazis were and should directly go to Den Haag and into jail!

That is the difference and if you can't see this difference and agree to it, you are waisting precious time of civilized society board members.

It is repulsive!

Speaking of the UN and of the International Court of Justice at the Hague, here's Article II of the 1948 "Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide":

"In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;

(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

Right now, this current administration, acting as representatives of the American people, have committed all but (a) and (d). So invocations of Godwin's Law aren't merely apt, they're deadly accurate.