TheZookie007

• L Cup
Re: MERGED: The Politics Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 02:18:14 PM »
Quote:

pedonbio: There is a kicker, an added benefit for me, and, I think, for gOOber, too. Race has been a sad and painful aspect of public life in America for all my life. Electing Obama will go a long, long way to putting that to bed.

True. But I should caution everyone. No one should vote for ANY person because he or she happens to be the same race as they. I can tell you one thing for sure: white or black or biracial, the man is going to be president of everyone, and his policies will affect everyone. We've voted for 44 or so white men as president over the past two hundred plus years, and among them we've had some greats, some middle-of-the-roaders, and some atrocious abominations. Ultimately, their race did not matter, but their policies did.

I agree with you, though, pedonbio, when you say that all the slams against JFK are being leveled against Obama, and ultimately to the same effect, I hope.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

Hugeboobfan

• F Cup
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 02:18:54 PM »
Quote:

Dearc said:
I also believe he'll let Osama Bin Laden go, for the sake of pacifism.  I heard an excerpt from his interview with Bill O'Reilly (I can't stand him, either), and basically, I understood that Bin Laden will be allowed to remain free.

Wha?  You must have watched a different interview than the one I saw.

From the interview:
Quote:

O'REILLY: So you are going to — again, more diplomacy, and we need it, absolutely, trying to convince the Pakistan government to take a more aggressive approach. If you don't, we're going to pull…

OBAMA: And what I will do is, if we have bin Laden in our sights...

O'REILLY: Yes.

OBAMA: ...we target him, and we knock him out.

O'REILLY: But everybody would do that. I mean, that would be the biggest win Bush could have.

OBAMA: Of course.

O'REILLY: If you send ground troops in, all hell breaks loose.

OBAMA: We can't — we can't have — and nobody talked about some full-blown invasion of Pakistan, but the simple point that I made was we've got to put more pressure on Pakistan to do what they need to do.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 02:32:59 PM »
Thank you for that, hugeboobfan! I wish people would take the time to actually listen and get the facts about whichever candidate they support, instead of being the conduit of lies, innuendo and outright fabrications. Next thing you know, someone will come here and say that Obama's a crypto-Muslim or something -- which actually is an insult to Muslims since it implies that anyone who is a Muslim is automatically a terrorist who wants to bring down our government. We've had eight years of a so-called Christian in power, and look at how bad things are in this country. I don't care what religion* the POTUS is as long as he or she does what we sent him or her to Washington to do.

* and for the record, Scientology ain't a religion, so sorry Tom Cruise but I ain't gonna vote for you!

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 02:50:57 PM »
Quote:

3deroticer said:
My goodness, Alan Greenspan now bashing McCain tax plan?

I'd like to cheer, but I'm old and you'll find that the older someone is, the less likely they are to like Greenspan. Back during the 1980s Greenspan was a shill-for-hire for the crooks like Charles Keating who were looting S&Ls.

Oh, so was McCain!
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 03:11:35 PM »
Anyone who thinks that Obama is the second coming is of course wrong -- but of the two alternatives, he is the better one. Better equipped to deal with the challenges that face us (and most of those challenges were brought upon us by eight years of this current administration I might add), better equipped to deal with foreign leaders who are rooting for us, better equipped to deal with foreign leaders who hate our guts, and most of all, he will provide a fresh start for our country. He has no magic wand to wave, no one does, and the first two years of his administration are going to be the hardest of almost any president's in living memory, but I have confidence that he can do it.

Dearc

• F Cup
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 05:16:57 PM »
Quote:

Hugeboobfan said:
Quote:

Dearc said:
I also believe he'll let Osama Bin Laden go, for the sake of pacifism.  I heard an excerpt from his interview with Bill O'Reilly (I can't stand him, either), and basically, I understood that Bin Laden will be allowed to remain free.

Wha?  You must have watched a different interview than the one I saw.

From the interview:
Quote:

O'REILLY: So you are going to — again, more diplomacy, and we need it, absolutely, trying to convince the Pakistan government to take a more aggressive approach. If you don't, we're going to pull…

OBAMA: And what I will do is, if we have bin Laden in our sights...

O'REILLY: Yes.

OBAMA: ...we target him, and we knock him out.

O'REILLY: But everybody would do that. I mean, that would be the biggest win Bush could have.

OBAMA: Of course.

O'REILLY: If you send ground troops in, all hell breaks loose.

OBAMA: We can't — we can't have — and nobody talked about some full-blown invasion of Pakistan, but the simple point that I made was we've got to put more pressure on Pakistan to do what they need to do.

I thought it made it clear, just an excerpt, and it was hearsay.  No, I didn't catch the entire interview before my comment.  I listened to it later.  Like I also said, I've no real love for O'Reilly either.  So wherever I heard this from, I was obviously short-changed, or short-changing myself.  I apologize.

I admit, I was diagnosed with a near-fatal case of foot-in-mouth disease.  
Stand up for what you believe, even if you must stand alone.

"There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation.  That's one firearm for every 12 people on the planet.  The only question is how do we arm the other 11?"  Yuri Orlov "Lord of War"

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 09:54:59 PM »
http://vimeo.com/1679097?pg=embed&sec=1679097

Obama the second coming?

better look again at this clip, and think again.

To each his own, but I am pragmatic on the faith healing thing.
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

SwitcherX

• Legend
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 12:17:12 AM »
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister

"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 12:26:25 AM »
Quote:

3deroticer said:
http://vimeo.com/1679097?pg=embed&sec=1679097

Obama the second coming?

I said he AIN'T the second coming

notty

• Z Cup
  • Deflating egos since 2004
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 05:15:37 PM »
Quote:

pedonbio said:
Well, notty, I'm sorry you feel that way.

If McCain is still leading in the polls come November, I would probably vote for Obama out of self-preservation.  Otherwise, not happening.
To paraphrase Poul Anderson, "Intelligence is a wonderful thing. It provides us with reasons for doing what we were going to do anyway."

notty's breast augmentation thread

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 07:08:18 PM »
McCain refer to Obama that he think he is the second coming, and yet there are more religious undertone coming from Palin than anywhere else. I would classify Palin's church as extremist. That they tout that anyone who don't believes as they do will go to hell. That they bless this Iraq war and that they are on god path in doing the right thing in Iraq. There will always be war, but I believe that Jesus would have no part in it. If anything war is the absence of God the creator, but the entity of the destroyer. Going to war is admittance of failure to keep peace. This holier than thou attitude is where we get rampant disregard to laws that have been place democratically by the people. Disregard to hearings, cooperation of an ongoing investigation, accountability of expenditure, and blatant discordance to the constitution.

I rather have Obama, a constitutional scholar, top of his class in law school, as our new leaders, than a religious zealot that interpret god's law from the old testament, whenever it become convenient.
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

mofoapoo

• X Cup
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 11:14:53 PM »
I understand people's distrust in politicians.  For all we know, Obama could very well eat the heart of humans on a daily basis to gain their courage.  Their delicious courage...

But regardless, the facts present themselves.  Mccain has a history of counterdicting himself, and Palin has proven to abuse her powers.  They both do the whole avoid media, avoid questions routine.

Obama, on the other hand, was excepted into a high end law school, but before he did that, he took his Columbia degree AND MOVED TO SOUTHERN CHICAGO.  He was able to get into harvard, but instead of doing that right away, he set aside 3 years of his life to helping people.  Come on.  People are just being a bit too cynical these days.  You gotta take what you can get.
I can't think of anything creative to put here, so i give up.

MasterDragonfly

• Oh My God Cup
  • sponsor of collared_cherri's 1000cc implants
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2008, 07:21:05 AM »
Last night cherri asked me what the significance is regarding saying that Palin is "a heartbeat away".  So I went on to explain the concerns regarding McCain's health.

She then pointed out to me that arguably Biden is in the same position of "a heartbeat away".  While Obama certainly doesn't appear to have any health issues, it's undeniable that there would be a lot of people upset at having a black president, and as such, he could end up suffering from lead poisoning.  As did JFK.  

The optimist in me says this would never happen.  The pessimist in me would suggest such an event could lead to considerable civil unrest, to understate it.

Which just now brings me to another thought:  If the above is a possibility, and if McCain's health is indeed at risk, would it be more apropos to compare Palin to Biden, within the context of presuming that one or the other would end up taking the helm?

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2008, 01:25:28 PM »
Of course it would. Obama & McCain = presidential candidates, whereas Biden & Palin = vice-presidential candidates. Apples to apples, and oranges to oranges.

SwitcherX

• Legend
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2008, 04:07:55 PM »
Quote:

mofoapoo said:Obama, on the other hand, was excepted into a high end law school, but before he did that, he took his Columbia degree AND MOVED TO SOUTHERN CHICAGO.  He was able to get into harvard, but instead of doing that right away, he set aside 3 years of his life to helping people.  Come on.  People are just being a bit too cynical these days.  You gotta take what you can get.

Nobody, other than a priest sent there by the church, moves to the south side of Chicago to help people unless there's money involved.
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister

"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty