rtpoe

• Old Fart
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

rtpoe

• Old Fart
Re: Anything random? Throw it into this thread.
« Reply #2551 on: April 28, 2016, 08:41:39 PM »
Randal "XKCD" Munroe made a sort of toy for one of his posts. At "http://xkcd.com/1663/", each time you open that page it creates a "garden" specific to that page. Only you, and on that particular browser you are using at the time, can add, change, and rearrange things. Copy and save the URL to go back to it. As time passes (and you leave a window/tab open on that page), things will appear.

I've made two. The top was my first effort. I thought I'd get a nice little grove of small trees, then the girl on stilts appeared. On the bottom, that giant spire was the first thing to show up. As you can see, things get really random.....

rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.

T_Man

• F Cup
« Reply #2552 on: May 04, 2016, 02:41:50 PM »
Something very sensuous about lava flowing.

Click it
"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #2553 on: May 04, 2016, 10:01:32 PM »

Click it

Well, if that's the way you get rock hard, who are we to judge ?  ::) ;D

T_Man

• F Cup
« Reply #2554 on: May 05, 2016, 07:57:37 AM »

Click it

Well, if that's the way you get rock hard, who are we to judge ?  ::) ;D

Kudos for the excellent pun, solvegas.
"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2555 on: May 07, 2016, 11:26:59 PM »
rtpoe

TheZookie007

• L Cup
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #2557 on: May 20, 2016, 08:17:53 AM »
On the left - Scottish First Minister.  On the right - Jimmy Krankie.

Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2558 on: May 24, 2016, 10:18:35 PM »
Author Robert Levy has a Tumlbr where he imagines what it might be like if Stephen King wrote for the comic strips:
rtpoe

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2559 on: May 31, 2016, 09:02:27 PM »
TWO TEENAGERS PUT A PAIR OF EYEGLASSES ON THE FLOOR OF AN ART MUSUEM -
YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENED NEXT!

Two California teenagers who recently visited the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art were less than impressed by some of the exhibits and wondered if they could do better.

And thus a scheme was hatched: They placed a pair of eyeglasses on the floor, stood back and watched as, within minutes, visitors regarded their prank as a work of art, with some even taking photos of the fake installation.

The teenagers, Kevin Nguyen, 16, and TJ Khayatan, 17, both of San Jose, had been left scratching their heads at the simplicity of some of the museum’s exhibits, including two stuffed animals on a blanket.

“Is this really what you call art?” Kevin said in an interview over the weekend.

TJ added, “We looked at it and we were like, ‘This is pretty easy. We could make this ourselves.’ ”

Kevin then placed his Burberry glasses on the floor beneath a placard describing the theme of the gallery. He said neither he nor TJ did anything to influence museum visitors, such as standing around and looking at the glasses.

Within about three minutes, people appeared to be viewing their handiwork as bona fide art, though Kevin said that without his glasses, he could not see what was happening too well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/31/arts/sfmoma-glasses-prank.html

rtpoe

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #2560 on: June 02, 2016, 07:59:20 PM »
Fountain
(found urinal rotated 90 degrees)
Marcel Duchamp, 1917

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2561 on: June 02, 2016, 10:19:27 PM »
"Start" is the blob I colored green at the top.

My favorite path goes "Istanbul - No - No - Two countries - Two - Yes"
rtpoe

SwitcherX

• Legend
« Reply #2562 on: June 02, 2016, 11:37:49 PM »
 :P
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister

"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #2563 on: June 03, 2016, 12:08:46 AM »

“Is this really what you call art?” Kevin said in an interview over the weekend.

TJ added, “We looked at it and we were like, ‘This is pretty easy. We could make this ourselves.’ ”

Reminds me of the story (maybe apocryphal) about the modern painting that had been displayed upside-down for months until some patron noticed the error. One of my favorite stories on 60 Minutes had the late, great Morley Safer take museums of modern art down quite a few pegs by showing the absurdity of what many of them passed for "art".
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #2564 on: June 10, 2016, 01:41:08 PM »
I always wondered what the small building was in the crop of trees in the distance - so as I couldn't access it by car; I walked to it.  Only a couple of miles, but quite challenging terrain.

Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs