solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
Re: Anything random? Throw it into this thread.
« Reply #2610 on: November 28, 2016, 10:26:09 PM »
Vin Scully is a class act. The Dodgers / Major League Baseball will never find a suitable replacement. I like the fact that he is leaving on his own terms and not getting the bum's rush.   :)

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2611 on: December 08, 2016, 09:29:29 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, Pantone's Color of the Year for 2017:

(funny, my 2012 car is that color)
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2612 on: December 20, 2016, 10:31:03 PM »
Remember the housing boom of the late 1990s - early 2000s? When the nouveau riche spent all their money on big houses despite knowing nothing of architecture and taste?

McMansion Hell is your guide to what's become of those monsters.

Put together by an amateur architecture buff, the site looks explains what's bad - and not just from an aesthetic point of view - about them.

Poke around and you'll learn quite a bit about residential architecture - history, styles, terminology (panes of glass go in "lights" in windows, for example) - along the way.

Only trouble is, the photos (borrowed from readily available realtor listings - funny how a LOT of these houses are for sale) are generally rather small, making it hard to see the details.

Here's one of the larger (and most viewed) ones:

rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.

luvdemwhoppers

• T Cup
  • Don Pauleboy
« Reply #2613 on: December 21, 2016, 03:35:24 PM »
I'm walkin' here

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2614 on: December 21, 2016, 08:45:14 PM »
rtpoe

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2615 on: December 29, 2016, 08:33:04 PM »
Anyone else get the reference?
rtpoe

bignatslover

• P Cup
    • I love the BEA
« Reply #2616 on: December 30, 2016, 05:40:12 AM »
Anyone else get the reference?
Oh for sure!  I used autoexec.bat to add DOS commands in Windows, including @ECHO OFF so nobody could see my steps.  First time I have seen that picture though - very funny stuff!   8)

luvdemwhoppers

• T Cup
  • Don Pauleboy
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 08:51:50 AM by luvdemwhoppers »
I'm walkin' here

luvdemwhoppers

• T Cup
  • Don Pauleboy
« Reply #2619 on: January 12, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »
too many business class, not enough bOObs
I'm walkin' here

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2620 on: January 12, 2017, 08:06:59 PM »
Sad Topographies

Actual places found on Google Maps
rtpoe

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2621 on: January 30, 2017, 09:14:36 PM »
Nothing like a good, silly "404: Page Not Found" page....

http://www.theonion.com/onion3734/hijackers_surprised.html
rtpoe

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2622 on: February 09, 2017, 09:47:18 PM »
Every State's Grossest Food

"Some have gross names that belie their tastiness. Some have delicious names that belie the fact that they're some dead animal's reproductive organs. Some are just… well, gross. But hey, if you love them, there's nothing wrong with that. We're not here to judge.

"Oh wait, yes we are. Here are the grossest, weirdest foods from every state in the US.

Minnesota: Pickle dog

"This is not a hot dog with a pickle on it. This is a lone dill pickle covered in loose, messy sauerkraut, drenched in Thousand Island dressing, and wrapped in a thick-cut slice of roast beef. It's honestly like you lost a bet and had to eat a sandwich made of the weirdest combo of food your (ex-) friend could find in your fridge."

rtpoe

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #2623 on: February 10, 2017, 07:12:33 AM »
The Taco Bell taco with a shell made of fried chicken isn't a regional food, but I'd put it up there.

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #2624 on: February 15, 2017, 09:36:31 AM »
This one always makes me smile.
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs