TheZookie007

• L Cup
Re: Anything random? Throw it into this thread.
« Reply #2745 on: September 21, 2018, 12:27:19 AM »
BBC: "Cathay Pacific spells own name wrong on plane"

An airline has had to send a plane back to the paint shop after the company's name was spelled incorrectly on it.

Hong Kong-based Cathay Pacific painted its name as "Cathay Paciic" on the side of the jet.

Eagle-eyed travellers spotted the mistake at Hong Kong International Airport and contacted the airline.

"Oops this special livery won't last long! She's going back to the shop!" the company joked on Twitter.

The airline said it was a genuine mistake, although some in the industry said it was inexplicable.

"The spacing is too on-point for a mishap," an engineer for Haeco, a sister company of the airline, told the South China Morning Post.

"There should be a blank gap in between letters if it was a real mistake I think."

Social media users saw the funny side, however.

@thesmartpirate: "No one gives a F anymore, not even the painters!"

@AghiadHaloul: "No f's were given that day"

@darrenpauli: "Shop? Bah, put a little ^ and an f above it."
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2746 on: October 15, 2018, 08:06:44 PM »
A meeting of the Midnight Society (a secret gathering of horror writers past and present), as told through text messages:

Stephen King: For the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this... The Tale of the Creepy Small Town with a Spooky Secret
Clive Barker: Is the town in Maine
King: NO
King:
King: yes

Poppy Z Brite: Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this The Tale of the New Orleans haunting
King: ah good old New England
Brite: No, New Orleans
King: New England?
Brite: New.... Orleans
King: New.... England?
Brite: O-R-
King: E-N-

R.L. Stine: Since Stephen brought his son, I thought I would introduce you to mine
Stine: [pulls out ventriloquist dummy]
Poe:
King:
Barker:
Lovecraft:
Stine: His name is knothead and i love him very much
Koontz: hi knothead

http://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1030658703093952518.html
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2747 on: October 24, 2018, 06:31:02 PM »
NASA is offering up some cool sounds for you to use as ringtones.

http://www.nasa.gov/connect/sounds/index.html
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2748 on: October 25, 2018, 10:21:23 PM »
Remember!
rtpoe

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2749 on: November 02, 2018, 10:15:47 PM »
paper airplanes!!!

https://www.foldnfly.com/#/1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2

Sortable by complexity and if you need scissors to make a few little cuts.
rtpoe

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #2750 on: November 09, 2018, 03:17:45 AM »
The only other country in the world smaller than the Principality of Monaco is Vatican City. Vatican City can fit entirely inside Monaco; and Monaco could fit entirely within New York's Central Park, with room to spare.

In fact, Monaco is so small that there's only one vegetable farmer in the entire country, operating on a mere 1400 m2 of land. For comparison, a FIFA regulation football pitch is at least 4600 m2.

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #2751 on: November 09, 2018, 08:30:42 AM »
Principality of Monaco
I went there once - and it is tiny.
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #2752 on: November 09, 2018, 10:11:20 PM »
I want to get there one day. How did you do it? Driving, by train, by boat?

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2753 on: November 09, 2018, 10:36:48 PM »
Probably a flight to Paris (or Marseilles), then a train to Nice, then another train along the coast to Monaco.

Now if you want to go to San Marino, it's a flight to Florence and then a long bus ride up to San Marino.
rtpoe

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #2754 on: November 10, 2018, 02:26:44 AM »
How did you do it? Driving, by train, by boat?
I drove from the Northern France.  I got the ferry to Cherbourg from the UK where I got a hire car. I didn't drive straight there, I went via Spain.  I went through Andorra on the way, (another small place) which is high up in the Pyrenees.

I do remember driving down this hill and in to the Principality and seeing the harbour - driving round the F1 track; but then I seemed to be back in France. I'm pretty sure the small town I live in now is bigger than Monaco.

Talking other small places - my mother lives in the Channel Islands, 12 miles off the coast of France. I think it is 5 x 8 miles wide. (45.6 sq mi) I go there often. Tiny little place.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:29:10 AM by Hiram »
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #2755 on: November 12, 2018, 06:37:46 AM »
Thanks, Hiram. One day I will visit all of the smallest countries in Europe. I could probably do them all in a week.

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #2756 on: November 12, 2018, 08:46:07 AM »
Thanks, Hiram. One day I will visit all of the smallest countries in Europe. I could probably do them all in a week.
Yeah you probably could.  Don't a forget Luxenbourg and the Isle of Man.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2757 on: November 20, 2018, 09:54:56 PM »
Canada had a superheroine comic before Wonder Woman.
rtpoe

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2758 on: November 27, 2018, 10:16:29 PM »
 8)
rtpoe

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2759 on: December 04, 2018, 10:19:11 PM »
I'm just gonna put this here.....
rtpoe