MaxBigfoot

• ZZZ Cup
  • Maximum Manga Maven
Re: Anything random? Throw it into this thread.
« Reply #2760 on: December 05, 2018, 07:35:50 PM »
I'm just gonna put this here.....

What, they want to put an x rating on a huge amount of famous museums?  ;-)

MaxBigfoot

To change Forum settings so that you see 50 topics per page:
Go to Forum Profile
Hover cursor over "Modify Profile" button in top left
Select "Look and Layout"
Scroll to "Topics to display per page", select 50 in dropdown menu
Click on "Change Profile" at bottom right of page.

You can also change "Messages to display per page" to 50 in the same way.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2761 on: December 05, 2018, 09:21:47 PM »
In order to have the Tumblr 'app' available at the Apple Store, Tumblr had to institute a sweeping purge of any possible offensive (i.e. erotic) content.

But the takedown notices/warnings were so badly implemented that even the post on the official Tumblr news and information page/site/tumblr got flagged!

Anything with "female presenting nipples" has to go, among other potentially offensive content.

But it seems that the tumblrs of neo-Nazi white supremacist groups are OK......
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #2762 on: December 15, 2018, 09:16:12 PM »
Oops.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2763 on: January 15, 2019, 09:20:30 PM »
OK.

Without saying how old you are, mention something (a phrase, perhaps) from your youth that Kids These Days won't understand.

"Long distance rates go up at 5 pm on Sunday!"
"Insert Disk 2 to continue."
"I need one of those inserts to play this single on the stereo."
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #2764 on: January 15, 2019, 10:52:24 PM »
Recently I was at the employee dining room and I used the term " That's as subtle as a punch on the mouth. " and a cute 25 year old co-worker giggled and looked at me and told me she had never heard that term before. I was surprised and I felt old. ??? :P

MaxBigfoot

• ZZZ Cup
  • Maximum Manga Maven
« Reply #2765 on: January 19, 2019, 05:02:31 PM »
Quotes from Warner Bros. cartoons that used to be recognized by everyone, now get me funny looks.  In fact, many quotes from what used to be pop culture get that.  I'm losing a huge amount of my vocabulary!   :(

MaxBigfoot

To change Forum settings so that you see 50 topics per page:
Go to Forum Profile
Hover cursor over "Modify Profile" button in top left
Select "Look and Layout"
Scroll to "Topics to display per page", select 50 in dropdown menu
Click on "Change Profile" at bottom right of page.

You can also change "Messages to display per page" to 50 in the same way.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #2766 on: January 21, 2019, 12:41:13 AM »
"I need a quarter for the payphone."
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #2767 on: January 21, 2019, 01:47:48 AM »
" A penny for your thoughts ". Heck, people no longer bother to pick 'em off the floor anymore. :(

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2768 on: January 30, 2019, 09:35:59 PM »
The latest fun trending thing on that social media platform is:

#UnscienceAnAnimal

In which people who work with animals point out the various anatomical features of the creatures they work with or study. There's a lot of "floof" involved (see Maryland Zoo's alpaca), but I particularly love this one of a Large-Billed Crow, from Sam Ross (an ecologist at Trinity College, Dublin).

rtpoe

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2769 on: February 04, 2019, 07:20:18 PM »
Chemistry Humor!
rtpoe

Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #2771 on: February 13, 2019, 08:09:15 AM »
^ LOL ! ;D

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2772 on: February 13, 2019, 08:54:16 PM »
2019 is the 150th anniversary of Mendeleev's creation of the Periodic Table.

So you KNOW Professor Sir Martyn Poliakoff of "Periodic Videos" has something to say about it.

Here's the video he and Brady Haran put together for the conference opening UNESCO's "International Year of the Periodic Table".

rtpoe

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #2773 on: February 16, 2019, 11:14:50 PM »
 ;D
rtpoe

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #2774 on: February 21, 2019, 12:34:26 PM »
Today there is on the ground here in this part of Las Vegas …. eight goddamn inches ( 20 cm ) of snow on the ground ! :o :o It is 36 Fahrenheit  ( about 1-2 Celsius ) and I'm pretty much stuck in my house. We don't have snow plows here. :P This has been by far the wettest and coldest February since I moved here 23 years ago. I live in the far West part of town and so I'm about 600 ft ( 180 m ) above the strip and it is usually 5 - 10 Fahrenheit cooler here year round overall which is why the airport is merely wet while we have snow here. I know, compared to Buffalo, New York, this ain't nothing but then they don't have 110 F during the Summer either. I, of course, blame …. Global Warming ! ::)