rtpoe

• Old Fart
The Razzies!
« on: January 24, 2009, 04:03:59 PM »
It's time once again for that big Hollywood event, the annual Razzie nominations for the worst films of the previous year.

"The Love Guru" leads the way with a total of seven nominations, followed closely by the appropriately named "Disaster Movie" with six.

More on the nominations  here

Al Pacino and Ben Kingsley each have two roles to be embarrassed about, and Uwe Boll is being considered for a Lifetime Achievement Award.
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

espy

• G Cup
Re: The Razzies!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 04:08:46 PM »
Paris Hilton's movie brought in $27,696 at the box office?!?  As in 27 THOUSAND?  Ouchies!
How would a girl with huge boobs ever know if she's truly interesting?

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 04:35:02 PM »
Alas, there were so many bad movies that there wasn't room to specially honor Pierce Brosnan's attempt to sing in "Mamma Mia!"
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

notty

• Z Cup
  • Deflating egos since 2004
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 04:46:52 PM »
I've seen more of the Best Picture nominees than the Razzie nominees. I guess I did all right last year.
To paraphrase Poul Anderson, "Intelligence is a wonderful thing. It provides us with reasons for doing what we were going to do anyway."

notty's breast augmentation thread

Prophet_Tenebrae

• Breast Prophet
  • Prophet Of Darkness
    • FTF10 - FTF Superblog
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 06:03:37 PM »
The comedian - not to be confused with his more amusing serial killer Michale Myers - Mike Myers has been on a downward spire since Austin Powers. He sounded almost suicidal in Shrek 3 - seriously, see if you can hear him sounding enthused during that entire film.

Even Austin Powers didn't really stand up to a second viewing - I went to watch it a second time with friends... and we walked out going "Huh... that... wasn't really that funny".

Of course, he'll likely stagger on for a few more embarrassments.

For the record, my Billy Connelly impression is a LOT better than the one he's doing for Shrek.

SwitcherX

• Legend
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »
The Austin Powers movies are just sight gags held together by a thin plot.  He's also supposed to be one of the biggest divas in Hollywood.

The Wayne's World movies were funny.  Especially the first one which made a lot of top 10 movies of the year lists.  He needs to get together with Dana Carvey.
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister

"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

Prophet_Tenebrae

• Breast Prophet
  • Prophet Of Darkness
    • FTF10 - FTF Superblog
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 08:02:33 AM »
Wayne's World is definitely a fantastic comedy but I think you could feel a (slight) loss of momentum in Wayne's World 2, still very good and definitely on a par but maybe not quite as tight.

Of course, if you can stay a box office draw... le sigh.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 08:35:43 AM »
The producers of The Hottie & The Nottie should pay back all the idiots who went to see that. I wouldn't watch it if my life depended on it, talk less of spending money to do so. Twenty seven thousand dollars probably wouldn't even pay for Paris Hilton's STD medication, much less help the film make a profit.

And I agree, Mike Myers should take a hiatus from film making for at least five years if he is going to continue coming up with such drivel as The Love Guru. Not even the prospect of seeing Jessica Alba or some south Asian hottie could make me want to subject myself to that film. The Hindus who were protesting the film in India wasted their time, in my opinion. Sir Ben Kingsley, being of Indian descent, gets a pass from me for trying to have a bit of fun with his heritage, but the rest of the crew deserve a **73**. Yeah, even you, Justin Timberlake.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

notty

• Z Cup
  • Deflating egos since 2004
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 08:50:55 AM »
Quote:

TheZookie007 said:
The producers of The Hottie & The Nottie should pay back all the idiots who went to see that. I wouldn't watch it if my life depended on it, talk less of spending money to do so. Twenty seven thousand dollars probably wouldn't even pay for Paris Hilton's STD medication, much less help the film make a profit.

I dunno, I think the producers should keep the money. People ought to pay for their stupidity.

I'm just relieved that Paris Hilton is fading into obscurity.
To paraphrase Poul Anderson, "Intelligence is a wonderful thing. It provides us with reasons for doing what we were going to do anyway."

notty's breast augmentation thread

Prophet_Tenebrae

• Breast Prophet
  • Prophet Of Darkness
    • FTF10 - FTF Superblog
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 09:28:51 AM »
I'm with Notty... with some films, you can legtimately say that expectation, marketing etc. misled people into thinking that the film was going to be better than it was... Matrix sequels and Underworld come to mind as films with masterful trailers... which I rather think the films were built around.

A film with Paris Hilton as an actress? At least with House of Wax you knew she was going to die. Actually, that still wasn't really enough.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
And the Razzie Nominees Are:
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 11:52:38 PM »
It's that time again! The Razzie Nominees have been announced!

Celebrating the worst from Hollywood for thirty years, this year they're having a special "Worst of the Decade" category:

Worst Actress of the Decade

Mariah Carey (The Single Biggest Individual Vote Getter of the Decade: 70+% of ALL Votes for Worst Actress of 2001)
GLITTER

Paris Hilton (Nominated for 5 “Achievements,” “Winner” of 4 RAZZIES®)
THE HOTTIE & THE NOTTIE, HOUSE of WHACKS, REPO: THE GENETIC OPERA

Lindsay Lohan (Nominated for 5 “Achievements,” “Winner” of 3 RAZZIES®)
HERBIE FULLY LOADED, I KNOW WHO KILLED ME, JUST MY LUCK

Jennifer Lopez (Nominated for 9 “Achievements,” “Winner” of 2 RAZZIES®)
ANGEL EYES, ENOUGH, GIGLI, JERSEY GIRL, MAID IN MANHATTAN, MONSTER-IN-LAW, THE WEDDING PLANNER

Madonna (Nominated for 6 “Achievements,”“Winner” of 4 RAZZIES®)
DIE ANOTHER DAY, THE NEXT BEST THING, SWEPT AWAY

Worst Actor of the Decade

Ben Affleck (Nominated for 9 “Achievements,” “Winner” of 2 RAZZIES®)
DAREDEVIL, GIGLI, JERSEY GIRL, PAYCHECK, PEARL HARBOR, SURVIVING CHRISTMAS

Eddie Murphy (Nominated for 12 “Achievements,” “Winner” of 3 RAZZIES®)
ADVENTURES of PLUTO NASH, I SPY, IMAGINE THAT, MEET DAVE, NORBIT, SHOWTIME

Mike Myers (Nominated for 4 “Achievements,” “Winner” of 2 RAZZIES®)
CAT IN THE HAT, THE LOVE GURU

Rob Schneider (Nominated for 6 “Achievements,” “Winner” of 1 RAZZIE®)
THE ANIMAL, BENCHWARMERS, DEUCE BIGALO: EUROPEAN GIGOLO, GRANDMA'S BOY, THE HOT CHICK, I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY,  LITTLE MAN, LITTLE NICKY

John Travolta (Nominated for 6 “Achievements,” “Winner” of 3 RAZZIES®)
BATTLEFIELD EARTH, DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE, LUCKY NUMBERS, OLD DOGS, SWORDFISH

Worst Picture of the Decade: (Three Special 30th Razzie-Versary Awardz - Special Category!)

Battlefield Earth (2000)
Nominated for 10 RAZZIES® / “Winner” of 8
(Including Worst Drama of Our First 25 Yrs)

Freddy Got Fingered (2001)
Nominated for 9 RAZZIES® / “Winner” of 5

Gigli (2003)
Nominated for 10 RAZZIES® / “Winner” of 7
(Including Worst Comedy of Our First 25 Yrs)

I Know Who Killed Me (2007)
Nominated for 9 RAZZIES® / “Winner” of 8

Swept Away (2002)
Nominated for 9 RAZZIES® / “Winner” of 5

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" (aka Trannies Two) and "Land of the Lost" lead this year's movies with seven nominees each. And Sandra Bullock has the distinction of getting both an Oscar and a Razzie nomination in the same year! I've read that if she wins the Razzie, she hopes to be able to get it in person!
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

Shara

• Cup Runneth O'er
  • version 1.337
Re: And the Razzie Nominees Are:
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 07:07:17 AM »
haha TF2 made no sense... It turns into an 80s sitcom halfway through
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers

RandomX

• ZZZ Cup
    • www.overflowingforum.com
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 07:10:56 PM »
Eddie Murphy is the only one I'm casting my vote for 100% here. Just---well what the hell happened to you Eddie?
100% real woman, with notarized documents and witnesses to back this claim up.

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 10:57:57 PM »
Eddie Murphy is the only one I'm casting my vote for 100% here. Just---well what the hell happened to you Eddie?

He got married and had a couple of k1ds. Ruined him totally.

RandomX

• ZZZ Cup
    • www.overflowingforum.com
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 07:28:27 PM »
Nothing like k1ds to completely neuter a man...but no, I don't think that's all of it. I think he just got rich and lazy after hitting it big with Shrek and just signed up for paychecks after that. How else do you explain going from Beverly Hills Cop and Coming to America to complete crap like Norbit and Meet Dave?
100% real woman, with notarized documents and witnesses to back this claim up.